(Topic ID: 50051)

Farsight announced that T2, TAF, FT, and black Rose will be on TPA in the future

By kidpinballwizard

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0475-1.jpg
3t2ni0.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Well.....I'm excited

#2 10 years ago

Awesome news!

TPA is far from perfect, but considering it's 5 bucks for a couple tables, and about half of the games are $2000+, it's a fun mini-dose of pinball.

#3 10 years ago

Any idea when / what the future release schedule is?

#5 10 years ago

They need to get Xbox360 caught up with all the tables...

#6 10 years ago

Where did you read that? Farsight never confirms and announces tables until one month before they release them or start the kickstarter for the licenses. T2 as been annouced as the next kickstarter. Black Rose and FT and any other machine where always a possibility from the start because they can do any non-licensed pinball from Williams. TAF was never confirmed and the licensing cost and issues have always preventing them to even get to start a kickstarter for the licensing costs.

#7 10 years ago

Yep, there's no information on this on pinball arcades/farsights websites. Where did you hear about this and can we verify somewhere?

#8 10 years ago

Pinball arcade wiki

#9 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#10 10 years ago

Ah yes, because wiki's are 100% true and reliable sources of information. I'll believe it when I see it...

#11 10 years ago

Tee'd Off and Whirlwind seem obvious; they've been working their way through the games on the Pinball Hall of Fame physical releases on Pinball Arcade.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Ah yes, because wiki's are 100% true and reliable sources of information. I'll believe it when I see it...

Supposedly several of those were announced in an interview; assuming that interview actually happened, seems like this could be somewhat reliable.

#13 10 years ago

Link to interview?

I'd be surprised at T2 and TAF because of the extra costs involved in licensing. Did they mention Kickstarter? Maybe another with TAF and then T2 as a secondary target? I doubt the public would be as enthusiastic this time though given the sloppy way Farsight dealt with the rewards last time.

FT should be prioritised. Also I want Sorceror redone ASAP. Why is that not on the wiki as upcoming.

EDIT

LOL Those rumours are no longer on the wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pinball_Arcade#Planned

#14 10 years ago

That's weird!

#15 10 years ago

3t2ni0.jpg3t2ni0.jpg

#16 10 years ago

Until they release more for Xbox they are dead to me. Sorry I ever contributed to the TZ kickstarter.

#17 10 years ago

I'm surprised there aren't any B/W DMDs on the list of what we know is coming...

#18 10 years ago

Steve;

Put some pinball money towards an Ipad. I have every table and, while not perfect, they are a blast to play at home or on the go. The only downside is I find myself playing way more than I should.

#19 10 years ago

FarSight has confirmed that T2 will be the next kickstarter table and that the kickstarter will start soon.
Fish Tales and Black Rose have not been confirmed as of yet. But I'm sure they are a good possibility as they are unlicensed tables.
Addams Family is definitely not confirmed. They have mentioned in interviews that they would love to make it, but they haven't been able to even talk to all the parties required to secure the licensing. So I wouldn't hold my breath on that any time soon.
The only confirmed tables that have not currently been released on any platform are: Centaur, Pinbot, Flight 2000, Tee'd Off, Victory, and Whirlwind.
Centaur & Pinbot should be released for the mobile platforms in the next week or two.

This thread lists them. Scroll about half way down.
http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/194-Latest-NEWS-And-INFORMATION-From-FarSight-Studios-Concerning-The-Pinball-Arcade

#20 10 years ago

The tables I want are the ones that don't have great versions on VP. Demolition Man, Judge Dredd, Dirty Harry, Doctor Who, HSII. I doubt we'll see any of these apart from HSii for a long time given the licences.

There are great versions of TAF and T2 already. An amazing looking version of T2 in full portrait mode.

IMG_0475-1.jpgIMG_0475-1.jpg

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Steve;

Put some pinball money towards an Ipad. I have every table and, while not perfect, they are a blast to play at home or on the go. The only downside is I find myself playing way more than I should.

I think I would end up buying a PS3 before I did that, I just get into the ipad thing. I love the farsight virtual pinball tables, but the xbox 360 is the only option I have.

#22 10 years ago

Wonder how they'll make the cannons work on virtual pinball.

I must say, again, I wish they'd fucus more on two-flipper games.

#23 10 years ago

TAF is never coming, far too many legal hoops to jump though and it isn't a case of Kickstarter backing. These hoops you can't just throw money at.

#24 10 years ago

Why is TAF more difficult that TZ, STTNG and T2? Do you know what the hoops are?

The only reasons I might guess at are because it's TV>Film>Pinball with custom call outs from a dead man who dies young and possibly didn't leave a will? But then TZ and STTNG must have just as complicated licences?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Why is TAF more difficult that TZ, STTNG and T2? Do you know what the hoops are?

TAF is really tough because Raul Julia's estate generally doesn't allow use of his likeness or his voice among the other issues with the license.

#26 10 years ago

Ah I thought it might be him. He was great as Gomez in those films and his call outs and quotes are IMO a huge part in the success of TAF pinball.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

TAF is really tough because Raul Julia's estate generally doesn't allow use of his likeness or his voice among the other issues with the license.

This ^

I asked about TAF on their Facebook page some time back and this was the overwhelming consensus. That's far from any kind of conformation, obviously, but it does seem to be the word on the street.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

#28 10 years ago

Maybe it's because Anjelica Huston is a 360 owner.

#29 10 years ago

Yeah, nothing says "We love you, and respect you, and the work that you did." like locking it all away in a vault so that nobody can use it. Gotta love family.

#30 10 years ago

I own both a tablet and a XBOX 360 but I'm waiting for the 360 releases. Pressing the corner of the tablet screen just sucks. Timing seems off, sometimes you press too hard and the feel is not tactile. Not a fan.

At least the 360 has real buttons, slightly similar to the real machines.

#31 10 years ago

I don't mind playing on my ipad3 thanks in part to the retina display, at 2048x pixels on a tablet sized screen the results are pretty sweet. Touch screen flippers don't bother me at all & I think they are very responsive.
I have TPA on my PS3 as well, but I actually play more on my ipad just because its 10x quicker to fire up & put down since I usually have to play in 5 minute increments a few times a day! I'm not like some of these Zen players who can sit down for hour long games. Thank god for TPA & somewhat realistic ball times (except for Scared Stiff which I can go forever on).

Yeah TAF was never confirmed. In fact, I think Farsight recently commented on TAF. They basically said they would love to add it, but it is looking very unlikely.
Black Rose & FT would make sense, but if you really think about it there are still a ton of solid tables that they could do that would have little or no licensing problems. Even a license like Judge Dredd they could probably get cheap.

#32 10 years ago

I do wonder how the licensing works. I mean do they have to negotiate prices and terms with various parties or are there flat rates involved? Would it cost less to buy the rights to a flop film like Johnny Mnemonic than a huge successful film like Jurassic Park? Is it down to how many actors were used in sound clips and images on the pf and cab? I'm guessing even though JM was a flop Keanu would still demand a high price to use his image and voice in a video game. I'd love to know more just out of interest and because Farsight are going to run out of original theme DMD pinball games quite soon.

10 months later
#33 10 years ago

Well, guess what, they actually did release them. Everything listed except for TAF is on Pinball Arcade, and even then they are still trying to work a Kickstarter for TAF.

#34 10 years ago

I am assuming they aren't trying on the 360 anymore? I think it has been 2 years since they released one.

#35 10 years ago

Nope, they are - Alliance finally submitted FarSight's approval and they will officially release the new 360 version in less than a month! GET HYPE

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

they will officially release the new 360 version in less than a month!

I heard that 24 months ago

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Nope, they are - Alliance finally submitted FarSight's approval and they will officially release the new 360 version in less than a month! GET HYPE

God I hope that's true, not holding my breath though.

#38 10 years ago

Nice to see one of my old thread dug up

#39 10 years ago

*threads

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/farsight-announced-that-t2-taf-ft-and-black-rose-will-be-on-tpa-in-the-future and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.