• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221204_122354 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

Hello. I have just made a registration on this site. I have search a lot for my FAR OUT Gottlieb 1974. The problem I have is that the score unit number field - the last two numbers are not working at all. Also the contact fields of the tens are not working. I am new with this tech and if someone can tell me how can i fix it.

Thank you

Iordanis

#2 1 year ago

If you are talking about the score reels in the head... the units (0-9) is a dummy, no scoring there...

and the 10s scoring, there is a relay in the head for each real, 10, 100s, 1000s. etc. typically the contact on the relay that drives the reel gets dirty, you need to clean the contacts with a flat file. I generally inspect these relays with any new game I get, manually closing them (depressing the plastic piece that looks like a ladder) and see if it moves the reel, and sounds the chime.

You'll want to get a schematic from these guys, http://www.pbresource.com, you'll need to call and set up an account then they'll send you the pieces with a bill you'll pay after the fact.

Ken

#3 1 year ago

Hi jordanakis Welcome to pinside!!

1. Does the 10 Point (N) relay pictured here activate when this happens?
2. Does it score 10 points if you carefully activate this relay with your finger or a piece of wood or plastic?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4 1 year ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Hi jordanakis Welcome to pinside!!
1. Does the 10 Point (N) relay pictured here activate when this happens?
2. Does it score 10 points if you carefully activate this relay with your finger or a piece of wood or plastic?
[quoted image]

I have activate the above relay and its working. The problem i think is when the ball hits the 10s contacts on pinball is not working. So maybe is the contacts on 10s that is the problem.

#5 1 year ago

Do the pop bumpers score 10 when not lit and 100 when lit?

#6 1 year ago

The contacts on photo is not working. The far out pinball has not have 10s on bumbers.

20221204_122354 (resized).jpg20221204_122354 (resized).jpg
#7 1 year ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Do the pop bumpers score 10 when not lit and 100 when lit?

Quoted from jordanakis:

The far out pinball has not have 10s on bumbers

According to this picture and also the schematic, the pop bumpers should score 10 when not lit.
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=823&picno=41882&zoom=1

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from jordanakis:

The contacts on photo is not working. The far out pinball has not have 10s on bumbers.[quoted image]

The confusion might be in that Those are not the correct pop bumper caps. The center one scores 1000 when lit, the other two score 100 when lit

Alberto

#9 1 year ago

He seems to be pointing to the switches at the slings. They're usually 10 or 1 pt.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/far-out-score-ten-is-not-working?hl=peruman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.