Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

33C06B1E-E533-419F-BD13-342E9B61AB96 (resized).jpeg
    B8451B55-4E63-4E2D-9219-F5447BFA347A (resized).jpeg
    4DADF77E-FF75-460E-B53B-181621B42BCC (resized).jpeg
    80A32883-C103-4921-82C0-BA47AC835E73 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

This is a thread for all those fans of fantasy football to discuss their leagues and teams so they will quit posting about it in the official NFL thread.

#2 3 years ago

I would discuss but Im sure the guy I’m playing in the semis is lurking here.

#4 3 years ago

I'm in 3 leagues. Two of them are family leagues (my wife's families). Hilariously, one of them is run by her dipshit cousin that has embezzled everyone's $10 buy-in for the last several years, and changed the tiebreaker last year to steal the title from his own sister. I'm just in it for the entertainment at this point.

The other family league is a whole $5 for the year. I tried to get them to up the ante at least a little, everyone else agreed that $5 was enough. They're the type of people that think bananas are ' a little spicy'.

The only league I really care about is a keeper league made up of my college friends and my family.

I draft pretty similar teams in all of my leagues every year. Most years it pays off. This year? I'm already eliminated in every one of them..

#5 3 years ago

I am more interested in everyone's Fantasy Team name..... Give me something to laugh at.....

I will start, when I was heavy into fantasy, my main team each year was- "Ed Gein's Furniture Company". If you laughed at that, shame on you.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am more interested in everyone's Fantasy Team name..... Give me something to laugh at.....
    I will start, when I was heavy into fantasy, my main team each year was- "Ed Gein's Furniture Company". If you laughed at that, shame on you.

If you know any long suffering Lions fans then you probably have heard some Kool Aid references.

My avatar is the Guyana flag and team name is:
    Drink Kool-Aid With Jim Jones

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

If you know any long suffering Lions fans then you probably have heard some Kool Aid references.
    My avatar is the Guyana flag and team name is:
    Drink Kool-Aid With Jim Jones

Sir, I will see you in hell....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8 3 years ago

Lmao. Might have a new avatar on ESPN

#9 3 years ago

Last year 1st round pick Kamara, this years Zeke; getting fucked every time.

I'd say "at least I made the payoffs" but I need 6 from my D and 9 from my kicker to get in the fucking 30s...might be a Playoff low.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Last year 1st round pick Kamara, this years Zeke; getting fucked every time.
    I'd say "at least I made the payoffs" but I need 6 from my D and 9 from my kicker to get in the fucking 30s...might be a Playoff low.

The sad thing is, I could probably guess your lineup.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The sad thing is, I could probably guess your lineup.

Casue you had the same draft order ?

#12 3 years ago

I've done pretty well in fantasy since getting into it 4 years ago. If you are into stats, it is a whole lot of fun. I recommend a little bit of luck and a practice draft or 2. Now where the F is Kermit Mahomes??? You are starting Justin Herbert? That f'er cost me the playoffs in my other league.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

... That f'er cost me the playoffs in my other league.

Good thing you didn't have a bye; fun!

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Good thing you didn't have a bye; fun!

I still hate bye weeks. I really would rather play through. I sucked in my other league this year. Brady's up and down play killed me in that league. Even then, I still almost made the playoffs...

#15 3 years ago

I’m in the playoffs! Pretty awesome considering my first two draft picks, McCaffrey and Ekler, have been on the bench most of the season. Crazy season, a lot of free agent transactions. Good luck all!

#16 3 years ago
    80A32883-C103-4921-82C0-BA47AC835E73 (resized).jpeg80A32883-C103-4921-82C0-BA47AC835E73 (resized).jpeg
    #17 3 years ago

I'm in a 5 year dynasty league, each year I change my team name, this year it's the Pandanmics. I tried to combine my name (Dan) with Pandemic. Not sure it was successful!

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm in a 5 year dynasty league, each year I change my team name, this year it's the Pandanmics. I tried to combine my name (Dan) with Pandemic. Not sure it was successful!

The Dandemics seems like a missed opportunity....

#19 3 years ago

So I'm in a 5 year dynasty league, this is our second year. The yearly cash winnings isn't very much, all the cash is going for the final 5th year and it's going to be a lot, over 5K for the winner. It's made my strategy so much different.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Casue you had the same draft order ?

No his team is loaded. And he fucking cheats.

#21 3 years ago

With Brees back and Michael Thomas out, Kamara should get back to his 30 ppg self, at least that’s what I’m hoping.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

With Brees back and Michael Thomas out, Kamara should get back to his 30 ppg self, at least that’s what I’m hoping.

Which usually means there's an injury coming

#23 3 years ago

Any one playing in their Finals this week? I’m going for back to back championships, which would be a first for me in any league.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Any one playing in their Finals this week? I’m going for back to back championships, which would be a first for me in any league.

Nobody cares.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Nobody cares.

4DADF77E-FF75-460E-B53B-181621B42BCC (resized).jpeg4DADF77E-FF75-460E-B53B-181621B42BCC (resized).jpeg
    You were this close!

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Note to self, if I make it to the playoffs, don't procrastinate on my waiver bids and do camp out on NFL.com all Sunday morning. Lost out on the championship round by a little over 4 f'n points. My opponent was on top of his shi*. I was not. I'll be fighting for 3rd. Good luck Kermit!

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Note to self, if I make it to the playoffs, don't procrastinate on my waiver bids and do camp out on NFL.com all Sunday morning. Lost out on the championship round by a little over 4 f'n points. My opponent was on top of his shi*. I was not. I'll be fighting for 3rd. Good luck Kermit!

Did he pick up Pollard?

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Did he pick up Pollard?

Yeah, and scooped up Fournette too. I was gonna put in a waiver claim for Fournette and would have got it, but just had too much BS going on and didn't get to it. I just had too many players underperform. Rams D got 5 points. Who would have figured that? The 2 players on the bench I considered playing? Either one would have won it for me. Oh well, at least I lost to someone who was trying...

#29 3 years ago

How do your waivers work? Firet come first serve? How much they cost?

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

How do your waivers work? Firet come first serve? How much they cost?

Our league is Waiver wire Wednesday night, tumbler. Then it’s first come first serve. $5 a transaction.

#31 3 years ago

Wtf does that mean...like tumbler randomly picks whom gets it?
    So many diff'rent ways to do this shit

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Yeah, and scooped up Fournette too. I was gonna put in a waiver claim for Fournette and would have got it, but just had too much BS going on and didn't get to it. I just had too many players underperform. Rams D got 5 points. Who would have figured that? The 2 players on the bench I considered playing? Either one would have won it for me. Oh well, at least I lost to someone who was trying...

You and I had the 2 best teams...and we both lost this weekend. And I lost my .36 of a point. ughhh

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

You and I had the 2 best teams...and we both lost this weekend. And I lost my .36 of a point. ughhh

Stat corrections hit tonight... But I'm f'd. You might have a chance. Any given Sunday right??

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Wtf does that mean...like tumbler randomly picks whom gets it?
    So many diff'rent ways to do this shit

Tumbler is if you use the wire on Wednesday night you go to the back of the line, instead of worst record is first in waiver order.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Tumbler is if you use the wire on Wednesday night you go to the back of the line, instead of worst record is first in waiver order.

Gotcha. We've always done first come, the idea of not being aloud to add/drop during games is weird.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Gotcha. We've always done first come, the idea of not being aloud to add/drop during games is weird.

Ours locks at noon central kickoffs

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Ours locks at noon central kickoffs

Yeah I've always seen it as someone that actually watches the games should have an advantage. It's the fun of watching a knee blow-out and quickly rushing to the add/drop page
    Funny to think when I started half the leagues were TDs only, and now the scoring can be overly detailed to insanity.

#38 3 years ago

I'm happy to report I won my dynasty league's toilet bowl championship and get first draft pick next season. Once I realized halfway through the season I couldn't possibly win and end up in the money (which isn't much until the final year), I tanked my team to get in the toilet bowl, then beat the other teams there to get first draft pick. We have 3 years left in our 2 QB dynasty league, Trevor Lawrence may just be the QB I need in year 5 to have a shot at winning it all.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I've always seen it as someone that actually watches the games should have an advantage. It's the fun of watching a knee blow-out and quickly rushing to the add/drop page
    Funny to think when I started half the leagues were TDs only, and now the scoring can be overly detailed to insanity.

You should see our D/ST, haha

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

You should see our D/ST, haha

Oh yeah I can't stand that shit. If you can't reasonably look at a couple games and roughly know your match up scores it's pointless to me. In theory, losing by .46 points is a good "ahhhhhh shiiiiit" kinda fun thing but it's just too much for me.
    But I can see it both ways.

#41 3 years ago

What fantasy tools/websites/podcasts/etc. do you use to up your game?

#42 3 years ago

For the league we have used CBS sportsline since 2002, far from perfect and not cheap, but it kind of has our history imprisoned
    I've been using Draftshark for a long time, but I think it's finally time to move away from them as I haven't won in a long time.
    I do miss the days of have a minimum wag job and just spending 8 hour chunks reading magazines...ha magazines.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I've been using Draftshark for a long time, but I think it's finally time to move away from them as I haven't won in a long time.

Me also - early on they were a huge advantage - however the internet really caught up to them and some of their picks almost seem blatantly incorrect. I still use them but do not rely on them as much. I liked 4for4 but fantasyguru is my go to now.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from hockeymag8:

Me also - early on they were a huge advantage - however the internet really caught ...

Yes they cannot evolve form themselves, stuck on a player year after year for no reason...which is why I've gotten OBJ super "late" according to them and wasted a roster spot 2 years in a row

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes they cannot evolve form themselves, stuck on a player year after year for no reason...which is why I've gotten OBJ super "late" according to them and wasted a roster spot 2 years in a row

That's a great call - once they make they mind up they are not getting off the player. I took him also this year and what a disaster. The one thing I like is the fanduel prices and points/$ ratios. I don't use those exclusively but they are helpful to find values for DFS.

#46 3 years ago

I watch the games and read lots of analysis. Fantasy Pros has some great tools I like to use, but they will actually make your moves for you if you choose to let them. I don't like that. It's practically cheating.

#47 3 years ago

Well Kamara is guaranteeing lots of fantasy teams 7th place tonight....

#48 3 years ago

Kyler Murray or Jalen Hurts?

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Kyler Murray or Jalen Hurts?

I slightly lean Murray, but 2 great options.

#50 3 years ago

Off to a strong start in my finals with Kamara.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fantasy-football-discussion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.