(Topic ID: 320630)

pinside fantasy football 2023 we are ready to roll!

By Mrbill

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Mrbill
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4059 (resized).jpeg
4EF1545E-FA19-406F-AE46-D3E0913D83A5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

I got 1st pick in both leagues
Not sure how I feel about that
or

The problem ain't that first pick, it's that f'ing 13th pick and 26th etc....

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I think you mean 1st, then 24th and 25th. It’s always interesting at the turns. Watching 24 players go before your next shot is stressful. Always easier if you have a middle pick.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

1 week later
#11 1 year ago

I'm totally unprepared. Too much other shi* going on. I guess I still got a couple days to bone up...

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

Autodraft for the league win! You would be legendary…

I had a draft one year where I organized my draft list but never practiced drafting. That was bad and pretty much an autodraft. I don't recommend it, but I still placed in that league. It wasn't the most active league, but a lot of this is paying attention throughout the season.

#14 1 year ago

I am a beer swilling, pizza eating, mock drafting machine. 4 more hours. Bring it on!

#17 1 year ago

I was thinking it was Ballers draft tonight, but it's KLOV. I got first pick and then a long wait.

1 week later
#20 1 year ago

I thought I was done for after Cam Akers goose egged and Stafford only got ~10. Thank you Jerry Jeudy!

2 months later
#22 1 year ago

How's everyone's season going with playoffs starting in a couple of weeks? Stafford, Akers, and Zach Wilson about f'ing killed me this year.

2 weeks later
#24 1 year ago

Good luck ladies and gents! For the first time ever, I've made the playoffs in all my leagues. Probably about to get knocked out in 2 of them...

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

Sorry to knock you out in the klov league. It was tough luck with you loosing Taylor. I thought i was in trouble loosing pierce and Stevenson being questionable, but i had some guys step up..
I will need tons of help to deal with next round. Cheesegritty has a strong team!
You had some bad luck in pinside ballers. Zay Jones got you as well as Murray going way over projected.

I'm weak at RB in both those teams. Taylor getting knocked out killed me. Praying for Gibson to bust off a long TD run right now but doubting it’s gonna happen. Kills me I’m playing the only team in the league with more points than me (Ballers) but that’s how it goes. I’m Looking pretty good in the Pinside league though. Congrats and Good luck to you Bill!

2 weeks later
#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

That sounds like the right thing to do. I am sure nfl will say what they will do on Friday since sat starts week 18. Will see.

The only other option that sounds reasonable is to remove the opponent's equivalent player points for week 17, but I think splitting the pots probably makes the most sense.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

that might work for the receivers. Pretty easy to find an equal. But when your talking 2 of 4 best best qbs, unless they happen to be going up against each other, it would be hard to say dak, minshew, cousins, rodgers are even close to burrow or allen.

My opponent's QB Daniel Jones (KLOV) got ~40. So who knows? I feel confident Burrow probably would have got me 10 more to win 3rd place outright. The game was certainly going that way. But he could have also got knocked out of the game on the next play. It happens. If the game isn't continued, I think splitting the pots is the best way to go.

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

In my league, we'll be playing the Bengals/Bills players this week and adding the points to last weeks total to decide.
Both teams still want to win so they'll be playing/scoring hard.

That would be ideal if both teams aren’t resting players. I guess the Bengals are still playing for something. Not sure about the Bills.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They are both playing for 2nd seed & Bengals would have tie breaker; haven't heard anything aboot them resting players but that would suck

In that case I vote using the players’ week 18 points. If both teams are playing for something, they aren’t going to rest players unless it turns into a blowout.

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

3rd place tie declared : swarmers $72.50
4th place tie declared : mcluvin $72.50

$42.50 each for 3rd and 4th in KLOV, not $72.50.

4 months later
#69 11 months ago

I like the weekly winner thing. I also like the idea of moving over to Yahoo. What if we just switch to Zelle? According to Forbes, they aren't subject to the new rule. I know BofA supports Zelle transfers. I'm not currently using it, but I would if we could just keep the money stuff as we have been doing it.

"Note that the money-transfer tool Zelle has said none of its payments are subject to the new requirements.

The law says only third-party payment companies that handle the settlement of funds (a process of transferring funds from a buyer to a seller in a transaction) are required to send 1099-K forms to users.

Early Warning Services LLC, the network operator of Zelle, said in an email statement that Zelle doesn’t settle funds but rather provides messaging between a financial institution and people making payments."

#71 11 months ago

And just a thought, I haven't paid attn to USFL or XFL, but it were possible to do something with them? I imagine not enough teams though.

#74 11 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Everyone could pay with venmo or cashapp (just as easy as paypal, but without the fees) just a suggestion.

I think Venmo reports. CashApp personal doesn't, so that's an option.

2 months later
#108 9 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

As for the klov nfl league, my buddy asked me if it could stay on nfl.com. So unless he changes his mind, I think I will keep it there. The league is now switched to top 2 teams getting a bye week 1 of playoffs just like yahoo and playoff rounds are now 1 week starting week 15.
So that will be $70 for that league. $50 and $20 for weekly winners.

What's his reasoning for wanting it on NFL.com? That platform is atrocious.

1 week later
#126 8 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

will see how it plays out. you get first shot. I am ok with the move, my buddy is fine 2. Have not heard back from the other 7 or possibly 9.

I'm OK with moving it.

#132 8 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

It appears that Canada is blocking people in some areas from playing. So a spot will open up on the pinside league. But I am going to first ask people playing in the klov league to see if someone wants to move to pinside.
So if your on the klov league and want to change, let me know asap.

VPN will fix that. Just a thought...

1 week later
#143 8 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

let me know what you think.

any objections to making it 2min per pick?

any objections if I pause before his pick? If ok to pause, then maybe give him another 1 min to get it in?

Whatever you do is fine with me. Whoever is going through the surgery, good luck! I hope you don't lose the ability to use your arms.

2 weeks later
#157 7 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Hey guys, I'm the one, having open heart surgery at Duke. Kind of came out of nowhere, but the good news is, they think they can 100% fix my issue. I appreciate everyone being flexible with the draft timer. I hope we won't even need past 90 seconds for most picks, but under these circumstances just thought it might help, since I've never had my son or wife next to me (much less picking for me lol) in a draft.

How did it go? I hope well. Getting old sucks...

#170 7 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Or does it just do it if I don’t pick ?

That's what it has done in the past...

#175 7 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

christopher who requested more time, says it went fine for him. he is feeling much better today. he said go ahead and switch mondays draft back to normal, 90 seconds.

That's good news! I shudder at the thought of someone else ever having to wipe my adult ass.

2 weeks later
#182 7 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So Friday makes 4 weeks. The surgery was successful, the surgeons were very happy with the results! But I'm still not having much fun, still lots of chest pain, and not sleeping great, etc. But I'm sure the next 2-3 weeks I'll be SO much better. Thanks for asking!!

Good to hear! Did they have to break your sternum? That was a tough one for my FIL.

#186 6 months ago

I have Bijan Robinson and Tony Pollard on the same team. Thank you Newbie!

#187 6 months ago

Yahoo Discussion Threads for all the players are fun. They just make it so much better than the NFL app.

#191 6 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I got delled..
what happened to the cowboys? Their defense might kill me in the klov league..

They lost Diggs. Just be glad you didn't get Allened, Mosterted, or Achaned. I had 3 players on my team score nearly 150 points.

1 month later
#199 5 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Ok Mcluvin Im coming at You Guns blazing,5 starters on Bye.Good Luck to You

I've been underperforming lately. You might have a chance . I need Achane healthy and the 2021 version of Kyler Murray for this last stretch. It's about to happen.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fantasy-football-2022-we-might-have-an-opening-for-one?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.