(Topic ID: 320630)

pinside fantasy football 2023 we are ready to roll!

By Mrbill

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Mrbill
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4059 (resized).jpeg
4EF1545E-FA19-406F-AE46-D3E0913D83A5 (resized).jpeg
There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just got a text from a buddy that said Yahoo leagues are calling the it finale with the current score no matter what? HArdcore.

Luckily they both play @ 1pm as well.

I think its even worse, I think they plan to delete the earned points in the game and pretend all those players scored zero!

Since it seems like most/all think split the pots on the close games, Thats what we should do. If there was a clear winner (all players decided or team had zero chance to catch, then prize will be awarded and not split.

I will create a summary of all this, and post what the final breakdowns are and commence to send funds.

I think in the future we should come up with a plan for something like this happening. A tie is cool for this year, but I think a better solution would be to award points. I dont think it would be fair to say sub a player of the bench. If missed on burrow or allen, and I had carr on my bench, I dont think they would be a fair comp.

here are the options we could choose.
1: use the previous weeks players score.
2: use the next weeks players score.
3: use the projected points the player was supposed to score.
4: use an average of the previous week, projected week and/or the next weeks score.

#52 1 year ago

The pinside leagues are $100 for prize pool. Last year we did weekly bonus for $20. So a total of $120.

based on 12, here is what the prizes would be for 1-4:
1st: $775
2nd $250
3rd $125
4th $50

With the extra $20, we can have a weekly high score winner for 14 weeks(if all play, its $12 weekly). Then the highest scoring team at end of week 14 will get the $6 bonus( $72 for high score end week 14 if all play).

final weekly winners for pinside:
1: young and dumb $12
2: pindevil $12
3: beantown boyz $12
4: beantown boyz $12
5: young and dumb $12
6: Oh Saquon You See $12
7: Oh Saquon You See $12
8: pindevil $12
9: kevins team $12
10: mcluvin $12
11: Kermit Mahomes $12
12: mcluvin $12
13: kevins team $12
14: raiders $12

total points winner for pinside: mcluvin $72

1st place tie declared : Oh Saquon You See $512.50
2nd place tie declared : Kermit Mahomes $512.50
3rd place clear winner : raiders $125
4th place clear winner : mcluvin $50

#53 1 year ago

The pinside baller leagues are $100 for prize pool. Last year we did weekly bonus for $20. So a total of $120.

2nd $250
3rd $125
4th $50

With the extra $20, we can have a weekly high score winner for 14 weeks(if all play, its $12 weekly). Then the highest scoring team at end of week 14 will get the $6 bonus( $72 for high score end week 14 if all play).

final weekly winner list for pinside ballers
1: dolphins $12
2: dolphins $12
3: kissing cousins $12
4: guido torpedo $12
5: The Cleveland Ethics $12
6: kung-fu-frogs $12
7: Cleveland Ethics $12
8: kung fu frogs $12
9: Karate in the Garage $12
10: baller mcluvin $12
11: Karate in the Garage $12
12: Kung-Fu-Frogs $12
13: dolphins $12
14: Cleveland Ethics $12

the total points winner is : kung-fu-frogs $72

1st place tie declared : guido torpedo $512.50
2nd place tie declared : niners $512.50
3rd place clear winner : The Cleveland Ethics $125
4th place clear winner : Kung-Fu-Frogs $50

#54 1 year ago

klov league is $50 for prize pool +$16 for weekly winner so a total of $66. weekly winner is across first 13 weeks due to its 2 week playoff. high score end of the week 13 gets the $3 bonus, so $36).
based on 12, prizes will be for klov league will be:
1st: $390
2nd $125
3rd $60
4th $25

the final list of weekly winners list for klov:
1: smashed penis $12
2: ataru $12
3: cheesegritty $12
4: smashed penis $12
5: raiders $12
6: raiders $12
7: Smashed Penis $12
8: CHEESEGRITTY $12
9: canuckade $12
10: smashed penis $12
11: raiders $12
12: Smashed Penis $12
13: raiders $12

winner of total points= smashed penis $36

1st place tie declared : raiders $257.50
2nd place tie declared : cheesegritty $257.50
3rd place tie declared : swarmers $42.50
4th place tie declared : mcluvin $42.50

#55 1 year ago

If were all in agreement, I will distribute the funds. If you have a preference where you want it to go, let me know. If not I will send it back to paypal payment source. Send me a PM if you have other preferences.

If you want to calculate what I am supposed to send you, (especially if your playing in multiple leagues) add up the each weekly win ($12 x the number of weeks).

the 3 total points winners also add the weekly pot ($72 for pinside and $36 for klov).

then add your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place winnings.

#56 1 year ago

I’m good with the way you have it

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

3rd place tie declared : swarmers $72.50
4th place tie declared : mcluvin $72.50

$42.50 each for 3rd and 4th in KLOV, not $72.50.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

$42.50 each for 3rd and 4th in KLOV, not $72.50.

thanks for the correction. not sure how I messed that one up...

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

The pinside baller leagues are $100 for prize pool. Last year we did weekly bonus for $20. So a total of $120.
2nd $250
3rd $125
4th $50
final weekly winner list for pinside ballers
1: dolphins $12
2: dolphins $12
3: kissing cousins $12
4: guido torpedo $12
5: The Cleveland Ethics $12
6: kung-fu-frogs $12
7: Cleveland Ethics $12
8: kung fu frogs $12
9: Karate in the Garage $12
10: baller mcluvin $12
11: Karate in the Garage $12
12: Kung-Fu-Frogs $12
13: dolphins $12
14: Cleveland Ethics $12
the total points winner is : kung-fu-frogs $72
1st place tie declared : guido torpedo $512.50
2nd place tie declared : niners $512.50
3rd place clear winner : The Cleveland Ethics $125
4th place clear winner : Kung-Fu-Frogs $50

If we are both 1st place im good with it.

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

klov league is $50 for prize pool +$16 for weekly winner so a total of $66. weekly winner is across first 13 weeks due to its 2 week playoff. high score end of the week 13 gets the $3 bonus, so $36).
based on 12, prizes will be for klov league will be:
1st: $390
2nd $125
3rd $60
4th $25
the final list of weekly winners list for klov:
1: smashed penis $12
2: ataru $12
3: cheesegritty $12
4: smashed penis $12
5: raiders $12
6: raiders $12
7: Smashed Penis $12
8: CHEESEGRITTY $12
9: canuckade $12
10: smashed penis $12
11: raiders $12
12: Smashed Penis $12
13: raiders $12
winner of total points= smashed penis $36
1st place tie declared : raiders $257.50
2nd place tie declared : cheesegritty $257.50
3rd place tie declared : swarmers $42.50
4th place tie declared : mcluvin $42.50

I would rather it say that I won, since I had more points

#61 1 year ago

Oh Saquon You See agrees on splitting pot for 1st and 2nd. Hope that kid makes a full recovery.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheesegritty:

I would rather it say that I won, since I had more points

I tried to make them say ties in both yahoo and nfl, But I think the set tiebreakers in the league keep it from happening. I think we both know chase would have scored more than 8 points, but since your team had the better record, it seems fair. I will finish the lesson next year!

I am working on sending funds now. going back to payment method. If you want something else let me know asap!!

#63 1 year ago

all funds have been sent. If you dont have them let me know asap!! description should say what you won and should match whats listed above.

2 klov players were not sent funds:
1: canuckcade. Let me know what you want to do to canada. I owe you $12.
2: smashed penis. Do you want me to mail you a check? I owe you $96

Added 15 months ago:

all funds have been sent. If you dont have them let me know asap!! description should say what you won and should match whats listed above.

2 klov players were not sent funds:
1: canuckcade. Let me know what you want to do to canada. I owe you $12.

#64 1 year ago

Thanks commish! See you again next year in ballers and klov

#65 1 year ago

Thanks Bill,Thanks to all of the players too,We had some fun Battles this Year.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Thanks commish! See you again next year in ballers and klov

I know some people will be happy with this, but I think it might be best to transfer klov from nfl to yahoo next year.

Also next year, I will look into making the teams a cash league. I dont think there is a provision for weekely winners, but If I dont pay in and 1 other player pays me directly, then the league will be fully funded at $1200 and I can do the weekly winners manually with the $240. Will see what options are in yahoo once we switch to cash.

I dont think nfl.com has a cash league option. But I will explore that before next season. Also klov next year will switch to 14 week and 3 week playoff like pinside with top 2 teams getting a bye. with some teams not playing in week 14, its not fair for those to scramble to field a good team.

also as I said, we can extend weekly winners to 16 weeks if we wish. I would have to manually calculate high points for the last 2 weeks(the auto counting stops, but it tells us what we all scored weekly), but since all teams can play up to 16, there is no reason to cut it off at 14.

3 months later
#67 11 months ago

So fellas...its about time to start this up right?

#68 11 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So fellas...its about time to start this up right?

I renewed the leagues. I wanted to see what options there were for having yahoo collect fees and do payouts now that paypal is ratting everyone out for taxes. Looks like they can collect the prize money, they can collect for a total score winner, they can even collect for a win record winner. But there is no provision to do a weekly winner.

I can’t see any way to manually do a payout for a weekly winner. I like the idea of weekly winner. Maybe I could do it outside and collect that $15 directly and let yahoo collect the rest. It appears yahoo takes 2% for their service..

I am also waiting to see what fee collection is available with nfl. I don’t think it has one. If not, I am thinking of moving klov from nfl to yahoo. If it stays on nfl, it will no longer be 2 week playoffs. Nfl pushed bye week into week 14 which left some teams at a disadvantage in the 1st week of playoffs. It will be like yahoo top 2 get 1st week bye. 6 team playoff.

#69 11 months ago

I like the weekly winner thing. I also like the idea of moving over to Yahoo. What if we just switch to Zelle? According to Forbes, they aren't subject to the new rule. I know BofA supports Zelle transfers. I'm not currently using it, but I would if we could just keep the money stuff as we have been doing it.

"Note that the money-transfer tool Zelle has said none of its payments are subject to the new requirements.

The law says only third-party payment companies that handle the settlement of funds (a process of transferring funds from a buyer to a seller in a transaction) are required to send 1099-K forms to users.

Early Warning Services LLC, the network operator of Zelle, said in an email statement that Zelle doesn’t settle funds but rather provides messaging between a financial institution and people making payments."

#70 11 months ago

Ready when You are

#71 11 months ago

And just a thought, I haven't paid attn to USFL or XFL, but it were possible to do something with them? I imagine not enough teams though.

#72 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I renewed the leagues. I wanted to see what options there were for having yahoo collect fees and do payouts now that paypal is ratting everyone out for taxes. Looks like they can collect the prize money, they can collect for a total score winner, they can even collect for a win record winner. But there is no provision to do a weekly winner.
I can’t see any way to manually do a payout for a weekly winner. I like the idea of weekly winner. Maybe I could do it outside and collect that $15 directly and let yahoo collect the rest. It appears yahoo takes 2% for their service..
I am also waiting to see what fee collection is available with nfl. I don’t think it has one. If not, I am thinking of moving klov from nfl to yahoo. If it stays on nfl, it will no longer be 2 week playoffs. Nfl pushed bye week into week 14 which left some teams at a disadvantage in the 1st week of playoffs. It will be like yahoo top 2 get 1st week bye. 6 team playoff.

Everyone could pay with venmo or cashapp (just as easy as paypal, but without the fees) just a suggestion.

#73 11 months ago

zelle sounds good

#74 11 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Everyone could pay with venmo or cashapp (just as easy as paypal, but without the fees) just a suggestion.

I think Venmo reports. CashApp personal doesn't, so that's an option.

#75 11 months ago

I have never used Zelle, but i will look into it.

I am Not interested in any other sports other than nfl football to care to play them. If any of you guys want to try, thats cool, but i am out.

#76 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I have never used Zelle, but i will look into it.
I am Not interested in any other sports other than nfl football to care to play them. If any of you guys want to try, thats cool, but i am out.

Same here, Fantasty Football, that's all I've ever done and will ever do.

1 month later
#77 10 months ago

So....I'm ready!!

#78 10 months ago

been busy, but I looked a little into this. My bank does zelle. so the question is, how to do this?

do it all with zelle?

Do most with yahoo cash $105 (they keep 2%) and the rest ($15 with paypal for the weekly winners) (yahoo says it will cost $2.10 each)

I like the yahoo cash option as it probably allows various payments for the players.

-----------------
New Contest
Entry Fee: $105.00
Payment Deadline: Before draft
Number of Teams: 12
First Place: $775 (61.51%)
Second Place: $275 (21.83%)
Third Place: $125 (9.92%)
Fourth Place: $50 (3.97%)
Most Points: $35 (2.78%)

You will need to pay $107.10* when creating this contest.
--------------

what do you guys think? I like weekly winners, but if you want to end it, thats fine too.

also for the nfl.com players, do you want to move to yahoo? I dont think nfl offers a cash league setting.

#79 10 months ago

Me and James Jr will abide.

#80 10 months ago

Niners and Cleveland Ethics

#81 10 months ago

I’m in Bill

#82 10 months ago

I don't use Zelle, can you take venmo or cash app? And I'll go with majority but I'd rather get rid of weekly winners personally.

#83 10 months ago

I’m in for klov and Pinside ballers. Just keep us posted on what format/payment you’re going to go with. I’d have to open a zelle account but that’s fine.

Thanks for everything
Mike

#84 10 months ago

I was ready to hit the yahoo cash league switch when I saw you have two methods to pay it paypal or credit card. It will be $107.10 Does everyone have a means to make the payment between those choices?

That would be $100 for entry an $5 for top scoring team and $2.10 for yahoos fees.

This will take care of the highest score getting $60(I put $35 above in a brain fart). But I don’t know how far out the highest score will run. I would think it would logically end at 1st week of playoffs week 15. but it might run to week 18!

Or we can do the weekly winner and the highest scoring winner with paypal so we can control it.

So one suggested doing away with weekly winners. What do you guys think?

Last thing to decide is the draft days season stars sept 7th.

I will set the draft days for klov Friday sep 1, pinside sat sep 2 , and pinside ballers Sunday sep 3. all at 6pm pst. If there is a problem, let me know. Maybe we can go +-30 min or flop days for the leagues.

#85 10 months ago

Sounds good to Me,I like weekly winner but will go along with the groups choices.

#86 10 months ago

Bill I just seen the dates I’m going to have to bow out .I’m away on a fishing trip from Aug 25th until sept 3rd . I appreciate the invite .

#87 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Bill I just seen the dates I’m going to have to bow out .I’m away on a fishing trip from Aug 25th until sept 3rd . I appreciate the invite .

Kevin ,You could auto Draft .Might end up with the Best Team ?

#88 10 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Kevin ,You could auto Draft .Might end up with the Best Team ?

Iam in a league at work and the only guy that auto drafted last year won the league

#89 10 months ago

Well that’s no fun Ok you talked me in , If I can draft I will but if timing doesn’t work I’ll go with the auto draft I just have to go thru how to set it up prior to leaving .Ok I’ll stay in thanks guys the year would’ve been boring without it

#90 10 months ago

Bill , will you be sending a link to pay ?

#91 10 months ago

Both pinside leagues are now cash leagues. If you go to the league like normal, it will prompt you to pay before you can get into see the league. I emailed all of you from inside the leagues. If you did not get, then your blocking the messages or you email is not setup.

It’s $107.10 to enter its broken down like this:

Entry Fee: $105.00
Payment Deadline: Before draft
Number of Teams: 12
First Place: $750 (59.52%)
Second Place: $275 (21.83%)
Third Place: $125 (9.92%)
Fourth Place: $50 (3.97%)
Most Points: $60 (4.76%)
You will need to pay $107.10* when creating this contest.

Your choices are credit card or PayPal. The league page will say who has or has not paid. I dont think you can look at the page without paying. Last year in cash leagues, i think it took 1 week after the season for yahoo to payout

I will handle the weekly winners manually. It will run 15 weeks.
So send $15 to my paypal (contact me if you need my paypal email. It has not changed in 30+ years).

Please include your team name and your league in the text. If you’re sending for multiple leagues, send names for all the teams.

#92 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Well that’s no fun Ok you talked me in , If I can draft I will but if timing doesn’t work I’ll go with the auto draft I just have to go thru how to set it up prior to leaving .Ok I’ll stay in thanks guys the year would’ve been boring without it

Kevin, if one of those days is better for you than the other, let me know and we can swap it. But the last time the league auto drafted an open team out of the 12 slot it made a killer team! So much so people were trying to buy in to take it. I did not think it was fair to have someone buy it, so I let a nubie take it over, but they could not win prizes. It probably would have won that league with an experienced manager, but it also had some key injuries that kept it out of the top 4.

You know you can influence your draft by moving players up and down in your pre draft rankings. Unfortunately I don’t think you can tell yahoo how to draft like some leagues. In those leagues you can indicate round preference like rd1 wr, rd2 rb, rd3 te, rd4 wr, rd5 qb, ect. It will take best available based on your rankings in that slot.

#93 10 months ago

As for the klov nfl league, my buddy asked me if it could stay on nfl.com. So unless he changes his mind, I think I will keep it there. The league is now switched to top 2 teams getting a bye week 1 of playoffs just like yahoo and playoff rounds are now 1 week starting week 15.

So that will be $70 for that league. $50 and $20 for weekly winners.

#94 10 months ago

When I try to pay Now is everyone seeing the verify thing asking for all the Personal info Name Bday address ?soc sec #

#95 10 months ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

Kevin, if one of those days is better for you than the other, let me know and we can swap it. But the last time the league auto drafted an open team out of the 12 slot it made a killer team! So much so people were trying to buy in to take it. I did not think it was fair to have someone buy it, so I let a nubie take it over, but they could not win prizes. It probably would have won that league with an experienced manager, but it also had some key injuries that kept it out of the top 4.
You know you can influence your draft by moving players up and down in your pre draft rankings. Unfortunately I don’t think you can tell yahoo how to draft like some leagues. In those leagues you can indicate round preference like rd1 wr, rd2 rb, rd3 te, rd4 wr, rd5 qb, ect. It will take best available based on your rankings in that slot.

No don’t change for me , I don’t know what’s will be happening day to day when we go but if I’m fine with Auto draft if it comes to that .Probably will pick better anyway

#96 10 months ago

Won’t let me pay .Is it because Simbin Illinois ? I work here but live in Indiana I’ll try later tonight from home and get back to you

#97 10 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

When I try to pay Now is everyone seeing the verify thing asking for all the Personal info Name Bday address ?soc sec #

anyone ??

#98 10 months ago

thats weird. I did not ask that for me. Once I activated cash league. it instantly asked me to pay. it showed a screen of credit card(had my credit card info from when I did a public prize league last year), or paypal. Offered me a chance to change credit card too.

I will poke around and see if there is a request payment button. I might add 2 teams and then give a join link and see if that helps..

#99 10 months ago

I just tried paying using paypal and got this error message

There was a problem
We're sorry, but there was a problem registering for this private prize league: Request cannot be served with current wallet state. Client action required. (Error #990)

#100 10 months ago

i think you need to edit your yahoo wallet to increase limit to the $107.10 amount. I could not add teams or mail a link.

or you might have to put money into your yahoo wallet and then try to join.

here is a tread I found on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/YahooFantasy/comments/paf4jg/getting_error_code_990_when_trying_to_pay_in_a/

There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fantasy-football-2022-we-might-have-an-opening-for-one/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.