• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rs_600x600-170201141543-600.tom-brady.cm.2117 (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
brady-1 (resized).jpg
410l2Go7DBL (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbill.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I am taking over commish of the ongoing pinside fantasy football league(Christopher, cscmtp had run it). Its moving from mffl to yahoo(Much better software). I think its been going for several years, but I only joined last year(after waiting 3 years to get in). If you want to play in the pinside fantasy football league, here is your chance. This league is a $50 league(last year it was $100). Its ppr with a waiver budget and a live online draft. if all 12 slots fill, prizes will be.

1st place = $385
2nd place = $125
3rd place = $ 65
4th place = $ 25

If less than 12 make it, then it then prizes will be adjusted. Its pretty much the same setting as we have here, except its waiver budget instead of inverse waiver order. So you have $100 budget for the season. if you wish to submit a wavier claim, highest bid gets it. if bid is a tie, then it goes by waiver priority. If you run out of funds, then you have to wait for waiver priority. So if you can bid $.01, your higher than $0 bid.

its over on yahoo. Yahoo has some really good software if you have not used it before, do a mock draft. but its pretty easy. That draft is set for saturday aug 31 6:30 pst

If you want to play, send me a PM and I will send you the join link. Currently 6 slots are filled. I am posting this here and on klov. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In my fantasy, the Patriots don't even make the playoffs this year.

all I can say is tuck rule. brady fumbled.

the best part of fantasy football, you wont even care if your team is out of it. As long as you win the FF playoffs.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from pindevil:

Looking forward to another awesome season.!

hopefully it works out. so far the league has 7 players of 12 players.

Here is the join link to anyone who wants to play.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/939696/invitation?key=36e9be3393c5ad0d&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=c0e45d052cc69b33

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I just joined. New to PPR, but I've been in a standard Yahoo league for 4 years now.

ppr just changes the scoring balance from running back dominant to more balanced scoring with rb, WR, and te . yahoo lets you look at last years stats, so take a look at what players did last year and you will get a good idea as to how it differs. last year the top 25 is almost even split of qb, rb, and wr. good luck!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

In the past we've drafted 20 deep...how much support is there among the group to get that down to a more standard number this year? If the group likes 20 then I'm fine with it, but I'd much rather see it closer to 15

I tried to copy mffl rules as close as possible. this draft is 19 with an ir slot(dont think you can use ir until after the draft), so I dropped it one spot. Normally its 15(9 starters 6 man bench). So, I would agree a 9 player bench is 1 or 2 slots too much. In the nfl.com league I have it set at 17 (7 man bench) with the same number of starting slots. personally, I would agree its too high. the extra bench favors players who are good at drafting rookies/breakouts/backups/longshots.

also note that IR for yahoo is only used for people listed as O. Suspended or questionable players cant go on IR. If you have a guy on IR who's status changes from O to something else, you cant add/drop until you get your team size fixed.

when the league is full, we can put it to a vote to drop the bench size.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

One more spot just opened. I gave it some thought and 50 clams is too rich for my blood. I'm average at best with fantasy and would rather buy a new ramp or something haha.

no problem. My buddy said he wants to play, but has not joined yet. He plays in the nfl.com league and tries, but is very busy with work until end of sept. Its competitive, but if you have played FF for more than year and you try, you have as good of a chance as anyone. I got lucky with head to head matchups and won pinside last year. but I also finished 5th in nfl league last year as I was unlucky in head to head matchups there.

#19 4 years ago

League is back at 12. thanks for all who joined. Now its time to get all the funds in. so far funds are in from 10 of 12 (team names).

Funds are in for:
raiders
pindevil
mo money
Christopher's Team
JKs best team
All in the Ramily
Stephen G's Team
Tracy's Okay Team
mcluvin
Tyler’s team

funds are missing from:
Jeff W's Team
Jeff's Team

I added a poll within the league for possible changes to the team bench. log in to yahoo to make your vote by 8/28 11pm.

also, I hear there is an option to get yahoo to put out a random draft order prior the draft client selecting it 30 min before the draft. if you want to that early, I can give it a shot. I dont see this as a big deal. Yeah you mock draft at any slots already, and ever draft is different. after the first 8-10 pics all the mock drafts are probably useless/out the window.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

League is back at 11...
Funds are in for:
raiders
pindevil
mo money
Christopher's Team
JKs best team
All in the Ramily
Stephen G's Team
Tracy's Okay Team
mcluvin
Tyler’s team
Jeff's Team

I added a poll within the league for possible changes to the team bench. log in to yahoo to make your vote by 8/28 11pm.
also, I hear there is an option to get yahoo to put out a random draft order prior the draft client selecting it 30 min before the draft. if you want to that early, I can give it a shot. I dont see this as a big deal. Yeah you mock draft at any slots already, and ever draft is different. after the first 8-10 pics all the mock drafts are probably useless/out the window.

spot opened up again. funds in for the 11. I sent emails to 2 friends to join. But its first to claim the spot gets it.

here is the join link. take a look at the first post for the league rules before you join..

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/939696/invitation?key=36e9be3393c5ad0d&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=c0e45d052cc69b33

#22 4 years ago

sorry, its locked and loaded now. one of my buddies grabbed the last slot. maybe next year.

3 months later
#26 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I'd wish you good luck Bill, but that means I lose. I'll just wish you lose just enough Can't believe I made it to the championship round from 6th place. Now all I have to do is beat a team starting Jackson, Ingram, Hill, Elliott & Ekeler

I was fortunate with my pics being healthy for the most part. Jackson was the best 9th round pic ever! Let’s just forget about tevin Coleman 5th, Brandon cooks 3rd, and baker mayfield 6th. It was an interesting year. I got lucky with Indy d scoring me 33. Your last minute change to Boone cost you about 25 points, but it would still not have been enough. Hopefully we can do it again next year. Got to go for the hat trick!

I also won klov league. It was a slugfest there. I missed first place regular season by a loss in week 12 by .12. Ended regular season in 4th place. But my boyz crushed the playoffs. I have been lucky enough to win there the last 3 out of 4.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I knew I needed 36 points and didn't think Jones would do it with a healthy Davante Adams. He almost did though. Boone was an x-factor hail mary. Unfortunately, he wasn't looking like a Dalvin Cook clone last night. Indy was a great pickup. Congratz again!
I'm down for next year. The only thing I didn't really like with our current format is I think 3 WRs are too many. Waiver wire pickings are slim with that many WRs. I almost think the TE position should just be eliminated. There are so few consistent TEs. It's a crapshoot for everyone else.

yeah, the talk shows were saying boone was was such a great matchup. I went with boone on a few teams. cost me 2 first place finishes.

I would agree with the IR its an added slot to drain players. But mffl was also 3 or 4 wr or 2 or 3 rb. so essentially the same as 3 wr 2 rb and a flex. We could drop ir or drop a bench spot if that what people want next year.

I just dont get the love for mffl. Can you tell me one thing that works well with it? the wavier system was broken. you had people just grabbing players with no restrictions for an hour and then it went to a waiver system?? you had the stupid rank and turn waivers. none of it was fair. Now if you like the slow draft, that is doable by email and doing the draft offline. Trade veto power should be with the players, not just the commish. No trading, wavier only would be a better option than 1 person deciding on trades. unless I am missing some feature to mffl, the only good thing was access to predraft info(statistical info on adp). But you dont need an account to access that data.

8 months later
#33 3 years ago

I just deleted your team. I sent a dozen messages to you and all in the ramily to confirm either in or out and got no replies.

We have 10 people in. 3 new players. I was going to leave it at 10 as I added another ir slot to help with COVID.

If you both want to play, I can add 2 teams back to 12. It has to be an even number. The draft is Sunday sept 6 at 6:30 pst. Pm me here if you want to play.

If you want to play in the klov league, there is an open slot there. It’s a $20 league on nfl.com where as pinside Is $50 on yahoo.

#35 3 years ago

Yeah, it’s weird. We need to add in pairs. So we will need 1 more player. Here is the join link. If Leslie(all in the ramily) wants to play or if someone has their email, pass the invite along. The draft is Sunday sept 6 at 6:30 pst.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/711203/invitation?key=0e5c969b73b1b57f&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=e4acae86da55223e

The join link is confirmed to work. Just click on it. If you want to play pm me at I will give you my paypal email. If the nfl goes to crap with COVID, there will be a full refund. But if we can get to say 12, it’s a go! I guess maybe a go at 10. We can vote on it.

#36 3 years ago

And now we’re at 12! Welcome back 2 former players and I think. Another new player.

I will send an email as soon as all the funds are in. At that point I will lock the league and email all the draft order.

For new players, it’s a 90 second live draft. So do a mock.

There is 1 slot for the nfl klov league. Some Pinsiders play there too. If you want beat the video game guys, have at it!

If you have played nfl.com in past, they really changed the draft engine. You should do a mock draft there. It’s confusing at first. It’s closer to yahoo draft engine, but it’s still different.

#37 3 years ago

the pinside league is full. if you want to play in the klov league on nfl.com, there is still 1 slot open. Its a $20 league all are welcome to join. the draft is this saturday sept 5th at 6:30 pst. some of the pinside players also play in klov. take a shot at those video game collectors... Here is the join link. if you have a problem joining, pm me with your email and send you an invite.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=1886567
League ID: 1886567
League Password: arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbill.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fantasy-football-2019-?tu=mrbill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.