Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DCRand
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B685C89E-5D63-4D2A-A45A-2198D2973048 (resized).jpeg
    82058085-7A85-40FA-B4D6-2D5C544AEBAE (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

As you may be aware Yahoo has terminated it’s Yahoo Groups.
    As such our old and beloved tight-knit Sacramento Pinball Group is no more.
    I am creating this thread to give the members a place to discuss perhaps not so Pinball related topics.
    Keep in touch with old friends etc...
    Who knows, there might be some inside deals or small get-togethers like the good all days.

PS - Todd is Godd

#2 3 years ago

Present. Todd is the man!

#3 3 years ago

I dunno about this pinpoor guy... he sounds kinda sketch. But SPG 4 Life! Always Tax Free Pinball!

#4 3 years ago

I never received my pajamas dagnabbit.

Sincerely,
    Jason

#5 3 years ago

Yay SPG!

#6 3 years ago

updated location!

#7 3 years ago

Excellent!

#8 3 years ago

Good idea to put this inside Pinside. I wasn't really part of the Yahoo group, but hopefully through this can keep in touch with some of the Sac pin community. Since looks like we are still some months away from much of anything in person like ooooohhhh league.

#9 3 years ago

Thanks Bob.

The lurker Zosofan has joined the move to Pinside.

Eye thank ewe

#10 3 years ago

I'm not sure that I want to belong to a group that would have someone like me as a member...

Steve (formerly from Escalon)

#11 3 years ago

Bookmarked

#12 3 years ago

I don't know this Todd character, and I'm not yet in Sacramento. Wife starts a job at Kaiser South hospital next month. Once she gets through her probation (no reason she won't, but you never know) period we'll be relocating there. I have a friend in Elk Grove, and a cousin in Natomas, other than that don't really know anyone in the area. If you guys are open to new members of the tight knit group I'm open to meeting new people. I've only got a couple games, but have a Led Zeppelin on order.

#13 3 years ago

Like the SPG thread idea. Following.

#14 3 years ago

Wow!
    This is great!
    It's wonderful to see folks showing up here.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

I don't know this Todd character, and I'm not yet in Sacramento. Wife starts a job at Kaiser South hospital next month. Once she gets through her probation (no reason she won't, but you never know) period we'll be relocating there. I have a friend in Elk Grove, and a cousin in Natomas, other than that don't really know anyone in the area. If you guys are open to new members of the tight knit group I'm open to meeting new people. I've only got a couple games, but have a Led Zeppelin on order.

Welcome, almost, to Sac. And sure the Sac pin community will be happy to have you. And after Covid, happy to invade your house to play some Zeppelin. LOL

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

I'm not sure that I want to belong to a group that would have someone like me as a member...
    Steve (formerly from Escalon)

Not so sure we want a guy like you! Say hi to your lovely wife Ruth and hope all is well.
    izzy

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

Not so sure we want a guy like you! Say hi to your lovely wife Ruth and hope all is well.
    izzy

I was asked to leave too...

#18 3 years ago

Can I be part of this cool club?

I have not had a pin in a while but likely getting a premium LZ. Waiting and hoping for Rush as my grail.

#19 3 years ago

Todd.. a tree.. and a handle of Fireball at a Dixon campground.. Bookmarked

#20 3 years ago

I know it’s kind of late in the day. But Merry Christmas to all you Sacramento pinball people.

82058085-7A85-40FA-B4D6-2D5C544AEBAE (resized).jpeg82058085-7A85-40FA-B4D6-2D5C544AEBAE (resized).jpegB685C89E-5D63-4D2A-A45A-2198D2973048 (resized).jpegB685C89E-5D63-4D2A-A45A-2198D2973048 (resized).jpeg
    #21 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

I know it’s kind of late in the day. But Merry Christmas to all you Sacramento pinball people.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice light show

2 weeks later
    #22 3 years ago

Just checking in, seeing what people are up to.

Has anybody bought a new or used pinball machine lately?
    Any other good news?

I put a deposit down on an Elvira House of Horrors Premium.

It might arrive spring or summer.
    It gives me time to come up with the balance of the money.

Due to various reasons I had reduced my collection down quite a lot.
    Reasons: Money, space, health, and my three pinball friends / helpers leaving Antioch (my health leaves me unable to move pins or even work on them).

So I really needed another pin like a hole in the head, but as the last two "A list" project pins went away, I felt a void...

I managed to figure out a way I could fit all my remaining pins in my house, and still have one space
    (and then have a cranky wife for moving a pin into the house from the garage, and spending the money - but that's from having sold my other pins, so that's "okay").

It looks like EHOH has a lot of moving stuff on the playfield, and might need some tinkering out of the box, but I figured one new pinball machine would be a lot less work/maintenance
    than 2 fixer upper DMDs decades old.
    That, and I'm addicted to buying the next shiny thing.

There sure are a lot of choices when it comes to machines to buy these days, and in the near future with the various boutique brands.
    So if per chance this doesn't really float my boat, or there's something else that newer and and shinier, I'm pretty sure I could sell this one pretty quickly - it's rather a hot item at the moment.

Anybody acquire a machine lately too?

Any other good news, something interesting, or exciting plans?

BobC

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

Reasons: Money, space, health, and my three pinball friends / helpers leaving Antioch (my health leaves me unable to move pins or even work on them).

I'm newly returned to the area. Grew up in Santa Cruz, was living on the East Coast the past 16 years, came back just this past Summer.

I always try to be helpful when possible, especially if it means a pinball machine is involved. If you just need muscle to move something around I do have some of that, but would obviously need another person as well (unless you have a cart or something). Feel free to include me on your list of people willing to help you move stuff around if needed. I'm also willing to wear a mask and all that good stuff.

I wish I could say I'm good at working on machines, but unless it's relatively simple I'm probably not much help.

As far as new machines, I have that Led Zeppelin premium on order (yeah I know I added it to my collection already, overly excited to get it), getting mixed messages on when it might come in, sometime between next month and May??? Considering letting my Funhouse go to a new home and throwing in a bit more cash for another new game. I've become a fan of fast, smooth gameplay.

Scott

#24 3 years ago

Yeah Stern is definitely behind schedule what with the pandemic affecting productivity.
    That doesn't seem to stop them from releasing new machines. I guess those must have been in the works and scheduled for some time.

Fun House is a pretty unique machine.
    Maybe Chicago gaming will make a reissue at some point?
    I haven't owned one, but playing a well-dialed in one is really a pleasure.
    I would have a tough time selling one of those myself.

Not to discourage you that is LOL

BobC

#25 3 years ago

Oh!

Thanks for the offer on the assistance I might take you up on that someday!

3 months later
    #26 2 years ago

Felt like resurrecting this thread as I’m keen to get involved with a local group of pinball people.

Wife and I moved to a new house in Stockton, just on the border with Lodi last month. Figure with people getting vaccinated we could start thinking about having each other into our homes.

Another hobby of mine is home theater. Back when I was living on the East Coast I was in a group of local people who were into the hobby. Every month or two we’d take a day to go over to someone’s house and check out their system, talk about trends in the hobby, and geek out over any new stuff someone had acquired.

So if anyone else is up for it I’m willing to have people over soon and would be happy to see what other folks have as well.

2 weeks later
    #27 2 years ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

Felt like resurrecting this thread as I’m keen to get involved with a local group of pinball people.
    Wife and I moved to a new house in Stockton, just on the border with Lodi last month. Figure with people getting vaccinated we could start thinking about having each other into our homes.
    Another hobby of mine is home theater. Back when I was living on the East Coast I was in a group of local people who were into the hobby. Every month or two we’d take a day to go over to someone’s house and check out their system, talk about trends in the hobby, and geek out over any new stuff someone had acquired.
    So if anyone else is up for it I’m willing to have people over soon and would be happy to see what other folks have as well.

Thanks for the new post. Afraid I am a ways away, northern Sac. But agree with the idea of having one or two people over to play. Have had two friends over on different nights in the last week to visit and play as we all are vaccinated. Being in that "senior" classification, the vaccine is a must for getting together for me. But definitely time.

4 months later
    #28 2 years ago

The Dixon fairgrounds Pinagogo and San Jose California Extreme shows are coming up soon!

I will probably hit the Pinagogo show at least one day

BobC

1 week later
    #29 2 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

The Dixon fairgrounds Pinagogo and San Jose California Extreme shows are coming up soon!
    I will probably hit the Pinagogo show at least one day
    BobC

Yep, me too. Probably going Saturday. Can’t wait.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fans-of-todd-and-sacramento-pinball-group and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.