35 days ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by BobC
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B685C89E-5D63-4D2A-A45A-2198D2973048 (resized).jpeg
    82058085-7A85-40FA-B4D6-2D5C544AEBAE (resized).jpeg

#1 35 days ago

As you may be aware Yahoo has terminated it’s Yahoo Groups.
    As such our old and beloved tight-knit Sacramento Pinball Group is no more.
    I am creating this thread to give the members a place to discuss perhaps not so Pinball related topics.
    Keep in touch with old friends etc...
    Who knows, there might be some inside deals or small get-togethers like the good all days.

PS - Todd is Godd

#2 35 days ago

Present. Todd is the man!

#3 35 days ago

I dunno about this pinpoor guy... he sounds kinda sketch. But SPG 4 Life! Always Tax Free Pinball!

#4 35 days ago

I never received my pajamas dagnabbit.

Sincerely,
    Jason

#5 35 days ago

Yay SPG!

#6 35 days ago

updated location!

#7 35 days ago

Excellent!

#8 35 days ago

Good idea to put this inside Pinside. I wasn't really part of the Yahoo group, but hopefully through this can keep in touch with some of the Sac pin community. Since looks like we are still some months away from much of anything in person like ooooohhhh league.

#9 35 days ago

Thanks Bob.

The lurker Zosofan has joined the move to Pinside.

Eye thank ewe

#10 35 days ago

I'm not sure that I want to belong to a group that would have someone like me as a member...

Steve (formerly from Escalon)

#11 35 days ago

Bookmarked

#12 35 days ago

I don't know this Todd character, and I'm not yet in Sacramento. Wife starts a job at Kaiser South hospital next month. Once she gets through her probation (no reason she won't, but you never know) period we'll be relocating there. I have a friend in Elk Grove, and a cousin in Natomas, other than that don't really know anyone in the area. If you guys are open to new members of the tight knit group I'm open to meeting new people. I've only got a couple games, but have a Led Zeppelin on order.

#13 35 days ago

Like the SPG thread idea. Following.

#14 34 days ago

Wow!
    This is great!
    It's wonderful to see folks showing up here.

#15 33 days ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

I don't know this Todd character, and I'm not yet in Sacramento. Wife starts a job at Kaiser South hospital next month. Once she gets through her probation (no reason she won't, but you never know) period we'll be relocating there. I have a friend in Elk Grove, and a cousin in Natomas, other than that don't really know anyone in the area. If you guys are open to new members of the tight knit group I'm open to meeting new people. I've only got a couple games, but have a Led Zeppelin on order.

Welcome, almost, to Sac. And sure the Sac pin community will be happy to have you. And after Covid, happy to invade your house to play some Zeppelin. LOL

#16 32 days ago
    Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

I'm not sure that I want to belong to a group that would have someone like me as a member...
    Steve (formerly from Escalon)

Not so sure we want a guy like you! Say hi to your lovely wife Ruth and hope all is well.
    izzy

#17 32 days ago
    Quoted from izzy:

Not so sure we want a guy like you! Say hi to your lovely wife Ruth and hope all is well.
    izzy

I was asked to leave too...

#18 32 days ago

Can I be part of this cool club?

I have not had a pin in a while but likely getting a premium LZ. Waiting and hoping for Rush as my grail.

#19 30 days ago

Todd.. a tree.. and a handle of Fireball at a Dixon campground.. Bookmarked

#20 24 days ago

I know it’s kind of late in the day. But Merry Christmas to all you Sacramento pinball people.

82058085-7A85-40FA-B4D6-2D5C544AEBAE (resized).jpegB685C89E-5D63-4D2A-A45A-2198D2973048 (resized).jpeg
    #21 24 days ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

I know it’s kind of late in the day. But Merry Christmas to all you Sacramento pinball people.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice light show

2 weeks later
    #22 5 days ago

Just checking in, seeing what people are up to.

Has anybody bought a new or used pinball machine lately?
    Any other good news?

I put a deposit down on an Elvira House of Horrors Premium.

It might arrive spring or summer.
    It gives me time to come up with the balance of the money.

Due to various reasons I had reduced my collection down quite a lot.
    Reasons: Money, space, health, and my three pinball friends / helpers leaving Antioch (my health leaves me unable to move pins or even work on them).

So I really needed another pin like a hole in the head, but as the last two "A list" project pins went away, I felt a void...

I managed to figure out a way I could fit all my remaining pins in my house, and still have one space
    (and then have a cranky wife for moving a pin into the house from the garage, and spending the money - but that's from having sold my other pins, so that's "okay").

It looks like EHOH has a lot of moving stuff on the playfield, and might need some tinkering out of the box, but I figured one new pinball machine would be a lot less work/maintenance
    than 2 fixer upper DMDs decades old.
    That, and I'm addicted to buying the next shiny thing.

There sure are a lot of choices when it comes to machines to buy these days, and in the near future with the various boutique brands.
    So if per chance this doesn't really float my boat, or there's something else that newer and and shinier, I'm pretty sure I could sell this one pretty quickly - it's rather a hot item at the moment.

Anybody acquire a machine lately too?

Any other good news, something interesting, or exciting plans?

BobC

#23 5 days ago
    Quoted from BobC:

Reasons: Money, space, health, and my three pinball friends / helpers leaving Antioch (my health leaves me unable to move pins or even work on them).

I'm newly returned to the area. Grew up in Santa Cruz, was living on the East Coast the past 16 years, came back just this past Summer.

I always try to be helpful when possible, especially if it means a pinball machine is involved. If you just need muscle to move something around I do have some of that, but would obviously need another person as well (unless you have a cart or something). Feel free to include me on your list of people willing to help you move stuff around if needed. I'm also willing to wear a mask and all that good stuff.

I wish I could say I'm good at working on machines, but unless it's relatively simple I'm probably not much help.

As far as new machines, I have that Led Zeppelin premium on order (yeah I know I added it to my collection already, overly excited to get it), getting mixed messages on when it might come in, sometime between next month and May??? Considering letting my Funhouse go to a new home and throwing in a bit more cash for another new game. I've become a fan of fast, smooth gameplay.

Scott

#24 4 days ago

Yeah Stern is definitely behind schedule what with the pandemic affecting productivity.
    That doesn't seem to stop them from releasing new machines. I guess those must have been in the works and scheduled for some time.

Fun House is a pretty unique machine.
    Maybe Chicago gaming will make a reissue at some point?
    I haven't owned one, but playing a well-dialed in one is really a pleasure.
    I would have a tough time selling one of those myself.

Not to discourage you that is LOL

BobC

#25 4 days ago

Oh!

Thanks for the offer on the assistance I might take you up on that someday!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 50.00
    $ 5,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 15.00
    $ 16.50
    Lighting - Led
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7,699.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    SIlverball In Play
    $ 219.99
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 899.00
    $ 9.99
    Various Other Swag
    Circus Maximus
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Judge Dredd Translite Out of stock
    Pinball Haus
    Various Other Swag
    Test item Pre-order!
    Pinside Shop
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside