• 8 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by gerrypin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hi,
I've read a few posts about 'fandango' - and appreciate the replies people have put up.
Does anyone have any advice wrt flippers not working?
How about the ball not coming up?
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

#2 11 years ago

One of the biggest 'Achilles heels' with a Playmatic EM is the jones style connector
it's like a Bally but twice as bad - I would start there first
bring up your game to ball 1 with the playfield resting against the back box hold the flipper button with one hand and with the other get a good hold of the connector (not the wires) and try walking it in and out - if the flippers work for a split second then you found the problem .

*be careful about touching your forehead on any of those relays on the underside of the PF

#3 11 years ago

Are finding replacement (jones style) connectors hard?

What price should I be expecting to pay?

g

#4 11 years ago

you would still have to find out if that was the problem first?
it's hard to speculate a certain fix until you have the game in your possession
and can get in and poke around.
A non working project pin is hard as a first pin you have some guides & info but on a Spanish pin you have even less to almost nil .
If I was looking for a first pin I'd try to find one in good working order for around $500
maybe some cosmetic issues and cab work may be needed but it's working and you can learn on it over the years .
SS or EM you can usually find something basic in that range depending the area you live in.

#5 11 years ago

Lots of advice in your last post - thank you, appreciated.

>A non working project pin is hard as a first pin

Understood. But i'm pretty handy. I'm just worried about replacement parts costs. And how easy it is to get them. Any insight. amazon.com is the best place?

> but on a Spanish pin you have even less to almost nil .

I'm guessing you guys have tried to find info from people from Spain - but to no avail? No web pages devoted to 'playmatic' (even in spain?)

>If I was looking for a first pin I'd try to find one in good working order for around $500

ok. i'm really lost for what a good price is for a 'working' pin. I was at an auction and saw stuff go for 1500$ (low end) - it started at 1000$. (that was for 'taxi cab') and 1800$ for 'golden eye' (it started at 1500$). the 'family guy' was starting at 3200$. this was back in May of this year.

So how does one figure out what price should be?

If you get a chance, i'd like to hear your thoughts. I really appreciate the help and the fact you are taking time to answer my questions. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Your words and advice are great!!!

g

#6 11 years ago

Hi HelloDeadCity,
I've decided to pass on 'fandango' - i checked out the machine, the repairs are beyond my knowledge.

I'll look for a working pin in the 500$ range - and try to maintain it - and go from there.

Thanks kindly for your advice.
g

#7 11 years ago

toronto.craigslist.ca link

Not a lot of pins on C-list Canada however I think most use Killwe ? or something like that -kill a___ ? anyone ?
I'd inquire about the 67 Hi-score and if he could come down to $500-550
however talking price the wrong way with ppl can always get your email address blocked from future sales/offers so always ask a wife or gf to read what you are about to send so you dont come off as a DH .
I've blocked about 20-30 ppl over the last few years just because I dont have time for it
anymore .... but mastering the art of talking with ppl will get you into deals latter down the road.
Good luck - Gerry hope you score a good first pin.

#8 11 years ago

kijiji.ca

that is more popular than craigslist for some reason.

thanks for the tip re:67 - and gentle emailing re:pricing!

I really really appreciate you replying to my emails - thanks for taking time to do so. You rock!

-g

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fandango-trying-to-fix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.