Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

65A9F41F-4AC7-46F7-AE47-229AEDE2C3CF (resized).jpeg
fantastic spin relay (resized).JPG
bonus unit (resized).jpg
eject relay (resized).jpg
fantastic eject circuit (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider petebest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi all

I have a Williams Fantastic with a annoying gremlin. Sometimes it plays perfect other times it acts like it’s possessed.

Fantastic has a “roulette“ spinner in the play field.

I do have the manual and I have poured an embarrassing amount of hours into this game and cannot fix this issue

When the game acts possessed, it does one of two things:

(A)
-Ball goes in one of the three saucers (doesn’t matter which) causing the wheel to spin. It always spins, no issue there.
-spinner never stops spinning.
You have to power the game off and start over. SomeTimes when you do this-the game will go back to acting perfect and playing fine. Other times this gremlin remains
(B)
-Ball goes into one of the three saucers (doesn’t matter which) causing the wheel to spin
-The three eject coils for the three saucers fire - ejecting the ball. This occurs while the spinner is still spinning, and because of that the appropriate bonus on the spinner does not award.

When scenario B is occurring, there is a secondary gremlin. Anytime one of the four rollovers (2 for advance bonus 2 for 50pts) is
Hit/Closed, the 3 saucer eject coils fire. Again - this error only occurs during scenario “B”

I have traced and traced and traced until I can’t see straight.

Any thoughts?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

I’d check all the switches on the roulette
For both issues

Ball never has a chance to land - because spinner never stops......if ball was landing, but not awarding bonus I would think that’s a possibility

#7 2 years ago

Resolved:

Thanks for your help & suggestions anyone.

The issue was with the bonus unit. Everything looked ok BUT it wasn’t....when the bonus unit was in zero position, game plays fine. However - as soon as the bonus unit advances the issues arise.

I found that one of the wipers was just skating over the board, ever so slightly. The gap was about the thickness of a piece of paper. And since the game was reset (putting the wiper in question at zero) every time i started hunting - I never could have seen the lack of contact.

By a stroke of luck I switched the unit off mid game - leaving the wiper in an advanced position. And under further inspection with a light I could see the gap. Wiper adjusted, 20 games later - all is good

Thanks again!!

65A9F41F-4AC7-46F7-AE47-229AEDE2C3CF (resized).jpeg65A9F41F-4AC7-46F7-AE47-229AEDE2C3CF (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider petebest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fan-tas-tic-not-so-fantastic-?tu=petebest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.