4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nikrox2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Fan-Tas-Tic-Work-14 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

While playing, either (or both, but in no order ) the GI or Backbox lighting goes out. Game keeps scoring. Flippers and bumpers still work. Just no lighting. Usually they will come back on when next ball or scoring starts.

Any ideas in where to look?

#2 4 years ago

Some of my other games have a ground braid but this one does not. Does this sound like a grounding issue? Either one or both will go in and out. Play keeps going. Just no lights. Then they kick back on No rhyme or reason

#3 4 years ago

Problem solved? I’ve reset the Jones plugs twice before I posted. Third time seems to be the charm as 5 games in now and no flicker what so ever Hope that was it.

1 week later
    #4 4 years ago

OK, problem is back..sort of...hoping an EM tech can help here...

The playfield lights are staying on, possibly the resetting of the jones plugs, not sure.

The Backglass lights - they go out as soon as the ball drains, then come back on as soon as it scores, or drops in the saucer to score...flickers a bit but mainly stays on, until the ball drains and immediately go out...until it scores again..

Any helpful tips or ideas???? Please

#5 4 years ago

“Bump”. Lol. Anyone ??

#6 4 years ago

Hi Nikrox2
    I have some health problems - I do reduce my collection - I sold my Fan-Tas-Tic two weeks ago --- I cannot look up "in my pin".
    I read Your post-4 --- Backglass lights turn off ... turn on as soon as the pin scores again --- question: When You do NOT press the left flipper button after the ball comes into the shooter lane , You do NOT press the left flipper button, You launch the ball - You do NOT press the left flipper button - the ball makes points, You do NOT press the left flipper button --- do the Backbox lights turn on (You never have pressed the left flipper button) ?
    See the JPG - "encircled red", toggle-off the pin, unplug the main power cord (Safety Reasons) - put a permanent jumper connecting the two lugs / blades on switch "B" on the Lock-Relay (down in the Cabinet). Plug-in, toggle-on (the Backbox lights must turn-on as You toggle-on the pin (do they ?), start a game, play - same behaviour as before ? or different ? Please write about - we may have to use more jumper-wires.
    What I am after is not a fix (not by now) it is "circling-in the problem-area". Greetings Rolf
    P.S.: By now it is 9 o'clock in the evening here in Switzerland -- about 11 o'clock I will go to sleep - so we may read / write today or then tomorrow.

0Fan-Tas-Tic-Work-14 (resized).jpg0Fan-Tas-Tic-Work-14 (resized).jpg
    #7 4 years ago

Rolf! Great to hear from you again..on yet another one of my games...how do you do it? I still have my Williams Double Barrel to work on from your last recommendation, but I got in a whole slew of project pins, some for other people to work on, so my games went to the bottom of the listing.

This one was can call it closed, not actually fixed. I've had 3 of my games listed for sale, and I had someone come over and take the Fan Tas Tic - in her current condition (one flipper button kept sticking under the side aluminum cover - needed the small plastic surround I believe, and the backbox lighting going off when the ball drained.) I mentioned I could/would fix those items, but they took it as it was (excited to play PB once again I guess).

Either way, thank you once again for trying to come to my rescue here - it is very much appreciated.

I'll get back on the Double Barrel soon, then expect to hear from me.

And on to the 2nd part of this message. We all had learned of your previous bout with the blood work and the resultant surgeries. Seeing that last email worries some of us here (Not all on this site are caring souls, but it may surprise you how many actual angels there are on here as well).

Hearing you're having health issues again, saddens me. Hearing you're letting go of your pins because of the health issues saddens me more.

If I could ship a game (or 3) your way my friend - I would. Just so you have something else to work on..lol And play!

You have been very helpful to me, so thank you. Selfless acts of kindness - one after another - that's you. Thank you Rolf!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fan-tas-tic-gi-bb-lights-intermittent- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.