(Topic ID: 29368)

Family pins

By xlnxminusx

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I noticed a few people mentioning that they keep IJ4 around because its one that their families love. My wife loves Roadshow, so I doubt I'm selling that one anytime soon. What games do people find work really well for families and non-pinball friends?

#2 11 years ago

I'd go Junkyard maybe World Cup Soccer, Indy 500, TSPP.
    MB if you can afford it, newbies and kids all seem to love it.
    Stick with DMDs.
    And sell me that Whirlwind of yours

#3 11 years ago

My wife loves the CFTBL, keep the family happy and they let you get more pins. But if you are a beginner I would say World Cup fun for family and fair price.

#4 11 years ago

JP. Kids love the ball eating T-rex.

#5 11 years ago

My wife loves the Rollercoaster Tycoon. Hoping the first newborn on the way will as well too in due time.

#6 11 years ago

I had a Hurricane, kids loved that one.

#7 11 years ago

Hands down, IJ4 and WCS at my house.

When my neighbor's see me, they scream "GOALLLLL!!!" from WCS as a greeting!

#8 11 years ago

Super Mario Bros, Flintstones, WCS94, Bugs Bunny, Congo, Avatar (my kids love this one), Addams Family, WH20, Bad Cats (my kids hated it though), Popeye, SWEp1, Shrek, CV, ToM, JP, LW:JP, Fishtales, TMNT, Hurricane, RCT, Cyclone, Monopoly, etc....

#9 11 years ago

MM & AFM. Somebody had to say it.

#10 11 years ago

Comet and Cyclone are both popular with kids and guests because there is enough going on to be interesting but not so much that they can't understand the play without a tutorial.

#11 11 years ago

Thought my twin nine year old nieces would really love Roadshow. They think it's OK. One is really into Black Hole, and the other is sort of just OK with all my pins.

#12 11 years ago

My wife is a big fan of TSPP and AFM. Might be a little tough to convince her to let me spend $11K on AFM though...

#13 11 years ago

No Good Gofers, TOTAN, Junkyard, JP, WCS94, Party Zone, Earthshaker (with the ROM to take the profanity out) Taxi, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Mario Brothers, Bad Cats, and my kids and wife both love Spiderman. Son loves Avatar the movie and pin.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Earthshaker (with the ROM to take the profanity out)

My understanding is that the total profanity is the word "Bitchin'". Is that all there is, and was that important to you?
    Not trying to be critical, just want to understand.

#15 11 years ago

Another vote for Monster Bash. The only pin my kids can get to see a wizard mode on.

#16 11 years ago

Another vote for WCS and one for JP.

#17 11 years ago

RFM & WCS94 would be a couple near the top of my list.

#18 11 years ago

Everyone loves RS

#19 11 years ago

My kids love superheroes so they're really into Iron Man. And Transformers of course. I'm still looking for a Spiderman.

I'm sure Jurassic Park would be a big hit too.

#20 11 years ago

My 6yo loves FT, and yes, it's because of the flopping fish topper.

#21 11 years ago

Joker Poker. 5 ball games are better to kids...

#22 11 years ago

As my family has grown, my collection has changed to reflect that. Keep in mind I have two boys (both under 5), but I basically have gone to a family lineup-

The "Family" Wall-
    Class of 1812, WMS Indiana Jones, Batman Forever, Pirates of The Carribean, The Simpsons, and Transformers.

The kids gravitate towards Transformers, Batman Forever, and Indiana Jones, the wives gravitate towards 1812 and Pirates of the Carribean, and the husbands gravitate towards the Simpsons and Transformers.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from GoVols:

My 6yo loves FT, and yes, it's because of the flopping fish topper.

+1

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from xlnxminusx:

I noticed a few people mentioning that they keep IJ4 around because its one that their families love... What games do people find work really well for families and non-pinball friends?

On location, IJ4 doesn't get the love I hear about online. Around here anyway. If you do get one, know that it is not a very good players game. Very lopsided scoring. It does appeal to casual players, but for an average player, it would get boring very fast. Shoot captive ball, rinse, repeat.

IMO, the Stern with the widest appeal to players of all skill levels is POTC. Everyone loves to bash on the ship and watch it sink. Kids, chicks, noobs, whatever. It also appeals to advanced players. 4 winds and the gauntlet are hard, but worth the work. A properly working Pirate's is almost a sure thing. It amazes me that more folks don't recommend it. By chance, I'm putting mine back on location tomorrow after a brief vacation at my house.

#25 11 years ago

Like 1967 firebird my wife likes CFTBL as well. Kids seem to really like Ironman. That makes sense I supose. When my friends come over they seem to gravitate to MM and LOTR. Any of these could be good family games.

#26 11 years ago

For sure Jurassic Park, You would be amazed at what the audit setting on the machine I bought was at when I checked it out...

#27 11 years ago

My understanding is that the total profanity is the word "Bitchin'". Is that all there is, and was that important to you?Not trying to be critical, just want to understand.

I just know some families prefer to avoid profanity and so making sure that if somone buys it for a family pin they will realize this is an option. I don't have a problem with it but some do and should be alerted this is an option is all.

#28 11 years ago

No mention of TAF? That's the only pin my daughter shows interest in

#29 11 years ago

My family (well, extended) LOVED POTC. Had no idea how much until I sold it! Egads was I in the dog house!

#30 11 years ago

Gosh, I think all pins are good family pins, with maybe the exception of Playboy, BOP, and BBB. Only because of the sexual tones in those pins.

#31 11 years ago

My votes: Pirates of the Caribbean, Avatar, Jurassic Park, Whitewater, Fishtales, and World Cup Soccer.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/family-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.