DSC_0061.JPG
image-759.jpg
72695-i.jpg
photo (3).JPG
001-276.JPG
DSC08102.JPG
DSC08103.JPG
002-290.JPG
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

I have mine sitting right next to TSPP too. They pair up nicely!
Congrats on the game. My wife loves this game and it will probably never leave.

72695-i.jpg72695-i.jpg
#52 10 years ago

FG is awesome. I just sold my STTNG and my TZ after 10 years of ownership but my Family Guy is gonna be here for a long time, it's such a good game.

QSS

#53 10 years ago

The new Flipper Fidelity backbox LED kit with flashers is very cool. A little pricey but I love it!

- Don

#54 10 years ago

This is a small clip of the LED flasher backbox. Hope it comes through.

- Don

#55 10 years ago

Man I loooove me some FGY

Great game & you can set it up to be fast as shit!!!

Mine will never leave & it too sits next to TSPP!

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Which Matt did you email?.....very confused now.....

I emailed Matt McKee.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Read my mind Greg.....I used blue on Stewie's PF ( w blue spots) and retro yellow on the other side....warm white spots on the figures....lower slings in blue ( your thoughts)...kind of added depth down there for me

Blue under the plastics looks awful, sorry. It monochromes the red/yellow art and turns Stewie into a Smurf. Warm-white it, stat!!!!

Not a fan of yellow LEDs at all, anywhere...they're too dim and look kinda orange. Warm whites there, too - your game will look so much better.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

I emailed Matt McKee.

I emailed he a few months ago and he said no. Is he considering a run?

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Blue under the plastics looks awful, sorry. It monochromes the red/yellow art and turns Stewie into a Smurf. Warm-white it, stat!!!!
Not a fan of yellow LEDs at all, anywhere...they're too dim and look kinda orange. Warm whites there, too - your game will look so much better.

I just picked up a FGY a month ago that has all the G.I. In warm white and it looks fantastic. It goes with the playfield color and all the yellow perfectly.

Congrats OP. I searched for a FGY for over a year and I'm still stoked about having one. It makes me laugh every time I play.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm on it ( can't blame me for trying......that's what I did to start, and had some colors laying in the drawer.....

At least I've got the Topper coming:

image-759.jpgimage-759.jpg

#61 10 years ago

Going to try the blue on the backboard as mentioned to show of Stewies pf'd a bit better. Does look good.

My LEDs throughout the inserts strobe (flash) during gameplay. May have to change them as obviously they are the wrong ones? Is this the cause?

#62 10 years ago

Congrats on the additon. I painted the flippers candy orange...the baby flipper candy green....and put clear Super Bands on them. Also recommend joeraptor2003 inside cabenit decals...pretty sweet IMO

DSC_0061.JPGDSC_0061.JPG
DSC_0062.JPGDSC_0062.JPG
DSC_0063.JPGDSC_0063.JPG

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

the baby flipper candy green....and put clear Super Bands on them.

Question about your FG Superband experience - I've got Superbands on all my games - but FG is the only one where I took it off the baby flipper. With the regular rubber, a Lois orbit ball will smoothly transition to the left lower flipper smoothly if you don't flip the baby....but with the Superband, the ball gets a little bounce - from the grippiness of the Superband, I suppose. Does this happen to you? I've got Superbands on all my other upper-flipper games and that doesn't happen. I suppose I could bend the metal guide ever so slightly and it would solve the issue...but wanted to see what other peoples' experience was first.

#64 10 years ago

I take the "put the baby flipper up" route when the ball is coming around the Lois orbit. So it bounces to the right wall and I can usually get control of it. Will have to give that a try and see what it does.

#65 10 years ago

I take the "put the baby flipper up" route when the ball is coming around the Lois orbit. So it bounces to the right wall and I can usually get control of it. Will have to give that a try and see what it does.

That's been my approach, as well, but just for safety's sake, to avoid a drain......I've got SB's on all my other machines, and am putting a set on FG next week.... mark

Quoted from jardine:

Going to try the blue on the backboard as mentioned to show of Stewies pf'd a bit better. Does look good.
My LEDs throughout the inserts strobe (flash) during gameplay. May have to change them as obviously they are the wrong ones? Is this the cause?

I believe we were talking about GI colors under the plastics and backboard...not the inserts ( have already changed the lower slings back to warm white...you're right, Greg)

#66 10 years ago

Congrats on the additon. I painted the flippers candy orange...the baby flipper candy green....and put clear Super Bands on them. Also recommend joeraptor2003 inside cabenit decals...pretty sweet IMO

DSC_0061.JPG 272 KB

DSC_0062.JPG 256 KB

DSC_0063.JPG 199 KB

Like the decals a lot ....anyone use mirrors, or too much for this game? CONGRATS to OP, btw.....sorry for not posting that earlier.....just excited to see a FG thread.......

#67 10 years ago

Where does one purchase the side art? I don't mean the cabinet art but the side art with those buildings. Can someone send me a link? I'd like to buy some. Thanks.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Where does one purchase the side art? I don't mean the cabinet art but the side art with those buildings. Can someone send me a link? I'd like to buy some. Thanks.

me too , I like them , put the one's on my simpsons from the guy in England , they look amazing

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from luch:

me too , I like them , put the one's on my Simpsons from the guy in England , they look amazing

x2 I get mine tomorrow or tuesday

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I believe we were talking about GI colors under the plastics and backboard...not the inserts ( have already changed the lower slings back to warm white...you're right, Greg)

Yeah I know. Was just stating a point that I need to look at my inserts and LEDs as they aren't looking good with all the flashing during gameplay.

Might give some cointakers a go and see how they react as I'm not sure what's in them. Whoever installed them has limited idea how to choose the right LEDs, that's for sure.

Seems like a theme that everyone has TSPP with FGUY. I know I do Damn they look good together, wonder how I tell my wife that this one isn't my flipper!

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Yeah I know. Was just stating a point that I need to look at my inserts and LEDs as they aren't looking good with all the flashing during gameplay.
Might give some cointakers a go and see how they react as I'm not sure what's in them. Whoever installed them has limited idea how to choose the right LEDs, that's for sure.
Seems like a theme that everyone has TSPP with FGUY. I know I do Damn they look good together, wonder how I tell my wife that this one isn't my flipper!

I like the CT non ghosters for the inserts....they have the " bendy" non ghosters which really helped in a few spots...

See the theme too......sadly, I don't have a TSPP.........yet ......hoping....

#72 10 years ago

It's strange that in most game specific threads the designer's name comes up in a post or two but I don't remember seeing a FGY post with Lawlor's name attached. Pat and the team really outdid themselves on this one.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

x2 I get mine tomorrow or tuesday

So where do we order them from please?

#74 10 years ago

Take a look at the post from the guy with the pics of the decals above, he mentions the user "joeraptor2003". I checked his profile and it seems like he's made some for different machines. I'm sure he can help you out. The guy that made the Simpsons, does not have Family Guy.

Edit: Actually, since you have the Simpsons also, maybe you'll like to get them for that one also . I'm not sure if he has anymore available though, but you can try sending him a msg. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-simpsons-pinball-party-custom-side-board-decals

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

Take a look at the post from the guy with the pics of the decals above, he mentions the user "joeraptor2003". I checked his profile and it seems like he's made some for different machines. I'm sure he can help you out. The guy that made The Simpsons, does not have Family Guy.
Edit: Actually, since you have The Simpsons also, maybe you'll like to get them for that one also . I'm not sure if he has anymore available though, but you can try sending him a msg. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tspp-simpsons-pinball-party-custom-side-board-decals

I emailed joe and he says he does not have them anymore. Maybe there will be enough interest in them to get a remake done. I would be interested in a set.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I emailed joe and he says he does not have them anymore. Maybe there will be enough interest in them to get a remake done. I would be interested in a set.

He must have had an extra one when I contacted him about it.....once I had asked him, it was shipped out the next day.

#77 10 years ago

Congrats! Great game!

#78 10 years ago

Here is mine form a distance but it has the side art as well.

Several Bashers/Pinsiders in this photo from my GA Pinball Open event.

I have a set of Stewie Pinball machine decals left over if they are not available anymore.

P1040885_zpsda81da81.jpgP1040885_zpsda81da81.jpg

#79 10 years ago

love the double flip off of Spidey!

one of my favorite moves.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'm going with...he just drained the ball seconds before giving the double birds

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

Damn, that sucks. I'm sure he'll make more with enough interest. I know the guy that made the Simpsons side panels made some more since others wanted some.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

Damn, that sucks. I'm sure he'll make more with enough interest. I know the guy that made The Simpsons side panels made some more since others wanted some.

I hope so, but the guy might have moved on to bigger things now. hopefully he will find the time and there will be enough interest in it.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingraffix-and-planetary-pinball-working-as-a-team

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I hope so, but the guy might have moved on to bigger things now. hopefully he will find the time and there will be enough interest in it.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pingraffix-and-planetary-pinball-working-as-a-team

Ya, i noticed that. But with enough interest, i'm almost guaranteed that he'll do it. I'm sure he still has the design, probably just has to print, but might want a bunch of decals sold to make it worth his time. I'm sure a PM to him will give you all the answers you're looking for. Maybe start a thread looking for people that would be interested in a set, but i would peak with joe first though to see what he says.

#84 10 years ago

Hi Guys
These are no more. I just happen to have an 1 old set I made for friend around..and that was it.
But I would check with Sillyoldelf and see if he if he is interested. He did a great job on the TSPP and it seems that there is enough interest here to get something done.

Thanks
joe

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I did too. No more being made.

Quoted from joeraptor2003:

But I would check with Sillyoldelf

My new best friend!

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

Several Bashers/Pinsiders in this photo

I think that one gentlemen is saluting Spiderman in the picture.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

I think that one gentlemen is saluting spiderman in the picture.

He is telling Spidey he is # 1

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hi Guys
These are no more. I just happen to have an 1 old set I made for friend around..and that was it.
But I would check with Sillyoldelf and see if he if he is interested. He did a great job on the TSPP and it seems that there is enough interest here to get something done.
Thanks
joe

joe, I think it would be great if you pass the design along. but might I suggest you contact this old game? They do fantastic work. Not sure where the market for these are, but you probably would sell more here than in the UK.
http://www.thisoldgame.com/

#89 10 years ago

Hi Mr Bill
Sorry I cannot be more helpful..The files no longer exist.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The old Pinball Molly move.

#91 10 years ago

I forgot to post this.

image-273.jpgimage-273.jpg
#92 10 years ago

AHHH..... YOU TOO!!! I've got the TAF, but feeling a little out of the club because no TSPP yet (going to drop subtle hints to the Wife tonight)

#93 10 years ago

Matt McKee will be doing another topper run! Don't miss out if you're looking for one!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/family-guy-matt-mckee-topper-pre-order-and-more

#94 10 years ago

Hoping to pick up a family guy in the future and will definitely be doing some side decals (in the same style of my Simpsons) after talking with joe. I just missed out on a really nice machine but I'm on the look out. If anybody has good pics of the ones joe did let me know for ideas. Likewise if there is anything you would particularly like to see on them artwork wise, all ideas are welcome - I'll admit I've not watched the tv show that much so any input from fans of the show would be most welcome.

#95 10 years ago

Stuff is happening! I am on the topper list and hopeful about some side art. Thanks all!

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Hoping to pick up a Family Guy in the future and will definitely be doing some side decals (in the same style of my Simpsons) after talking with joe. I just missed out on a really nice machine but I'm on the look out. If anybody has good pics of the ones joe did let me know for ideas. Likewise if there is anything you would particularly like to see on them artwork wise, all ideas are welcome - I'll admit I've not watched the tv show that much so any input from fans of the show would be most welcome.

I'm definitely in for a set!!!....thanks for your efforts......mark

#97 10 years ago

Got mine today. About to start the shop. Question about stewie. He moves back and forth when the game is in attract mode. Is he supposed to do that or can he not find home maybe. In stewie test mode he moves back and forth like he should

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Got mine today. About to start the shop. Question about stewie. He moves back and forth when the game is in attract mode. Is he supposed to do that or can he not find home maybe. In stewie test mode he moves back and forth like he should

That's normal operation.

#100 10 years ago

Got mine all cleaned up and the topper installed, led, full set of cliffs including a lane protector at the left ramp return drop. Question on stewie. On boot is this normal ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/family-guy/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.