(0 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180704_223513 (resized).jpg
IMG_1194 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190307_204125838 (resized).jpg
FG vs TSPP (resized).JPG
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Fg vs tspp. I tend to hate these poles but I wonder which one you guys think is better. I bought a Simpsons new back when first run and played it so much got burned out on it, even though I thought it was one of the best games made. I just brought in family guy off route. Thanks for opinions either way.

#2 5 years ago

Wierd... main page (and you) says there's a poll, but I don't see one. My vote is TSPP by a mile.

#3 5 years ago

Yeah I don’t see the poll either. My vote is Family Guy by 2 miles

#4 5 years ago

I hated both.

#5 5 years ago
#6 5 years ago

One of them is one of the greatest games of all time.... the other one is Family Guy....

#7 5 years ago

I like both

FG vs TSPP (resized).JPGFG vs TSPP (resized).JPG
#8 5 years ago

completely different games (by 3 miles... ..)

TSPP is an established, amazing game, FGY highly underrated, imho.....I truly love them both..couldn't choose as they are so different...

#9 5 years ago

Cartoon Alley:

IMG_20190307_204125838 (resized).jpgIMG_20190307_204125838 (resized).jpg
#10 5 years ago

I liked my FG and would own one again, I'm a huge Family Guy cartoon (and Seth McFarlane in general) fan. There was nothing wrong with it when I got rid of it other than what occurs with any of my pins, eventually I just wanted something different. I like the FG shots. It was super-fun to bank shots off the beer can and the upper-playfield is probably my favorite alternate/2nd playfield in a game. It's an entire other game within the game, simple sure, but fun to shoot. I only have 1-2 pins at a time so it was just time for something different. Currently on the lookout for a TSPP, haven't had that one in house yet.

#11 5 years ago

It isn’t that FG was a bad game, I just can’t stand the PF. The colors on the PF bother me. It is the same with WOF. The PF just looks wiered to me. I also dont care for Stewie pinball. I didn’t like the Simpsons because it is simply achieve all the modes and get to the end. There are however lots of multiballs and other things to do. If I was going to buy one of the two it would definitely be The Simpson’s.

#12 5 years ago

Depth vs Humour

TSPP - Depth
FG - Humor

Enjoy both and have owned both

#13 5 years ago

I prefer TSPP.

#14 5 years ago

Both are good games, but TSPP for depth. That said, Family Shrek is very underrated.

#15 5 years ago

Tspp

#17 5 years ago

This is tough for me.

This Stewie/Donkey pinball is fun to me. But, but really that's the best part of that pin by a mile.

TSPP has a better theme, art, sounds (except the hurry ups), code and layout. But that left ramp shot from the right flipper is god-awful. I can't hit it and is the biggest source of frustration for me, since it's always the last shot needed for me to get the damn hurry-up sound to stop!

#18 5 years ago

TSPP by 4 miles

#19 5 years ago

D’oh.

#20 5 years ago

Excellent choices complement one another because they are nothing alike. FGY is the funniest pin made and the best pin for shooting two playfields at once (while both are in multiball). Incidentally both pinball machines look best with a color dmd.

#21 5 years ago

family guy has the best callouts in pinball.

#22 5 years ago

Be an easy pass on both for me, but if forced I'd do Family Man.

#23 5 years ago
#24 5 years ago

I own both and prefer the gameplay of FG.

#25 5 years ago

I've owned both and they are great games but FG gets the nod from me because I just think its more fun.

#26 5 years ago

FG but not by a wide margin. TSPP is just chaos when you have too much running at the same time and the callouts get extremely annoying after a while. FG is great but I wish they had made it a few years later, ditched the mini playfield and used the money elsewhere on the playfield, that had to have been expensive to use a whole separate pointless playfield like that.

#27 5 years ago

A mileage game now I see.....I can say that FGY gets more attention and play than just about any other game I own when non pinhead gatherings occur.....by 5 miles....

#28 5 years ago

If you have more than average pinball skills, TSPP, but if you are average (like me ) FG.

#29 5 years ago

I've owned both.

FG is a way better show but TSPP is a way better pinball machine.

At least by 6 miles.

#30 5 years ago

I have had my tspp for couple years now . I just can’t seem to get into it . It’s complicated and the objectives to me are difficult. I especially hate that music for hurry up .. hate it !
And the upper play field.. don’t get me started !

#31 5 years ago

TSPP gets my vote. I've had mine for years and won't be getting rid of it anytime soon. I thought about getting a FG to put next to it. I just can't get into the game. I play it on location from time to time and that's fine for me.

#32 5 years ago

Had TSPP for seven years and then sold it. Went two years without it and decided I had to have one again. Glad to have it back.

#33 5 years ago

As the person guilty of starting this whole "mile" thing... FG is fun. I've spent many hours on one. And yes, TSPP can be annoying at times. But I still gotta go with TSPP by... what are we up to? -- 8 miles.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

As the person guilty of starting this whole "mile" thing... FG is fun. I've spent many hours on one. And yes, TSPP can be annoying at times. But I still gotta go with TSPP by... what are we up to? -- 8 miles.

Fun thread!!! I'm sticking w both @ 9 miles for the win!!! Games are just too different to compare

#35 5 years ago

Own and love both! TSPP definitely holds up over the years in satisfaction and depth. I can't imagine ever selling that. As I get better it does as well.
FG is hysterical, so many callouts they really did an outstanding job with that. I agree with that point earlier, best callouts in pinball. Years later I still hear something new that cracks me up. Animations are also really fun, and Stewie pinball arguably best toy in pinball, certainly best mini playfield.
Hard to go wrong. Immediate gratification with FG, long term love-fest with TSPP.

#36 5 years ago

Not a huge fan of either show, although I do enjoy both.
As far as gameplay/layout/toys/callouts- I say Family Guy.

#37 5 years ago

I prefer Family Guy .

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

Own and love both! TSPP definitely holds up over the years in satisfaction and depth. I can't imagine ever selling that. As I get better it does as well.
FG is hysterical, so many callouts they really did an outstanding job with that. I agree with that point earlier, best callouts in pinball. Years later I still hear something new that cracks me up. Animations are also really fun, and Stewie pinball arguably best toy in pinball, certainly best mini playfield.
Hard to go wrong. Immediate gratification with FG, long term love-fest with TSPP.

I think Niko nailed it. Mine are side by side.

IMG_1194 (resized).jpgIMG_1194 (resized).jpg
#39 5 years ago

I don't remember the simpsons being so purple.

#41 5 years ago

Owned great examples of both, FG without question.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I think Niko nailed it. Mine are side by side.
[quoted image]

Just noticed this ... if you like counting the number of flippers in said games .... it is 5 vs 5. Forgot to add that as good as I think FG is, I’d vote for TSPP by a country mile and three city blocks.

#43 5 years ago

For me its not even close. I bought both NIB. Family Guy is gone and TSPPP is bolted to the floor. The crude humor in FG at first was pretty funny but after a very short while it got damn near embarrassing. From strictly a pinball standpoint it's not even close. The TSPPP layout, art and deep rule set never get old for me. As for FG, I grew to hate Stewie Pinball so much I honestly tried to avoid hitting the scoop to qualify it while playing. I don't miss FG for a second.

#44 5 years ago

TSPP because that's the one I own.

I like FG too though.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

TSPP because that's the one I own.
I like FG too though.

The most honest opinion on Pinside.

#46 5 years ago

Heart says, Simpsons all day long unless it's the Shrek version of FG; then it's a lot closer.

Head says, FG if you prefer flow. TSPP is by no stretch of the imagination a flow game to the point where it will brutally punish you if you try to play it like one.

#47 5 years ago

tspp all day. made my pop get one back after selling it. i don’t regret it. the art and layout and call outs and animation and rules and everything about tspp is better than fg. even the original DE simpsons is better than fg. not trying to beat on the game but BOTH simpsons rules over family guy. but the best comedy cartoon has to be southpark. and i have that one too. and i enjoy it too!

mjr

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from crank:

Had TSPP for seven years and then sold it. Went two years without it and decided I had to have one again. Glad to have it back.

i went 10 months

mjr

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

i went 10 months
mjr

and we DROVE 400 miles for it.

blew you all out of the water by about 390!

mjr

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

I don't remember the simpsons being so purple.

It's not.... certain LEDs don't present well in pics. There are no purple LED's in the machine except to color match the few playfield inserts and in the grey cooling towers. A lot of what appears purple is actually pink. The pink is much more subtle than how they appear in the picture.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 218.00
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/family-guy-vs-the-simpsons-pinball-party?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.