20211204_145521 (resized).jpg
20211202_210138 (resized).jpg
Doc1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211201_181636_381 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211202_123511_098 (resized).jpg
IMG_3385 (resized).JPG
IMG_3389 (resized).JPG
FG Pinballl (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sohchx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#98 7 years ago

What are other high wear areas on the playfields of these besides the TV hole?

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

~2500 were made.

WHAT??!?! No wonder I can't find one to save my life. I never knew they were that limited.

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

What are other high wear areas on the playfields of these besides the TV hole?

Anyone??? I need to know what to look for when I purchase. I'd like a heads up on any common problem areas

#109 7 years ago

Has anyone swapped the pop caps out for something else? I'm not to keen on them, they just seem out of place.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That's a pretty good run for that time (check CSI and 24 numbers) and most people that own the game love it and hang on to it. I don't see many pop up for sale. I think if you can get a nice one for $4k that's a real score. They're probably closer to $5k in reality for a nice one.

I got this for less than 4k. It has been routed but I'm not sure for how long. How do you guys think I did? I'm just happy to have finally found one and condition really wasn't a deal breaker for as long as I have been looking, four years.

IMG_3715 (resized).JPGIMG_3715 (resized).JPG

IMG_3714 (resized).JPGIMG_3714 (resized).JPG

IMG_3721 (resized).JPGIMG_3721 (resized).JPG

IMG_3723 (resized).JPGIMG_3723 (resized).JPG

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Never bothered me...colors off to you or style?

The style. For me the jeweled look just doesn't fit. I'd like to see a more traditional look with maybe the clam embossed on the tops or something else that relates to the show more closely.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

How does it play? I'd say under 4k is a deal considering how rare this has been for sale lately. CoinOpWarehouse had a nice one for 4k last year; kicking myself for not grabbing it.

It plays well but needs a good shopping and definitely Led's

Yup I remember that machine. Saw it in person back in June the day it came in. I was focused on more affordable titles at the time lol. It was nice shape and just needed shopped. Since the release Lloyd said that he has only had a handful. At one point when they closed them out he bought ten or so new in box because the distributor couldn't get rid of them.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'd say you scored, but I'm not up to pricing in MD. This is a deal on the west coast.

I browsed California CL a few weeks ago and the prices are insane. What's with that?

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nice! Congrats! Shop it out, put on fresh white rubber (looks and plays better) and you're good to go! You're missing the scoop plastic. Those were very prone to breaking without a protector. Hopefully you can find one. If not, you can prob get one of those little LCD TV mods to put over the scoop.

I plan to redo it completely in Titan rubber. Any chance that you have a picture of what that scoop plastic looks like? I had no idea that it was missing or needed. I have only ever seen two of these in person so I don't know the playfield layout very well. If you see anything else amiss please let me know. When I do find said scoop plastic, what is the protector that I need to go with it?

Update: In looking at the area the plastic is broken in half!! No clue how I didn't notice it before.

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here's what it looks like...although it normally doesn't have a light under it. I added a socket and tapped it into the GI. I think the protectors were probably from Pinbits. You can also see the Cliffy on the scoop.

Okay, Now I see why that area would be prone to breakage. It has three protruding edges where the ball can easily do damage hitting. With that issue, what is your opinion on the factory supplied flipper coils? To strong, weak, or just right?

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Flippers are perfect. IMO FGY is one of Stern's best "out of the box" games in terms of build and feel...it has a Lawlor B/W feel. The reason that plastic broke a lot is because it's right on top of the scoop...it has a little pressure on it and the scoop is constantly getting hit by balls, eventually the plastic breaks at the pressure point.

Excellent!!! Any recommended must haves besides plastic protector set and Cliffy's?

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

sohchx Hit me up if you ever decide you want to sell!

Fair enough, as long as you hit me up if you ever decide to sell that TSPP lol. Ideally my plan was always to own both

#131 7 years ago

I forgot to mention this, I have wear down to the wood at the PINBALL inserts (bottom of I and N) Has anyone else had this issue? Zoom in close and you will see it. Apparently this is a common issue on this title? I have found other posts and want ads for insert decals for this same exact area.

IMG_3721 (resized).JPGIMG_3721 (resized).JPG

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

It's pretty common from what I've seen on this title. I have some slight wear on the N and A aswell. Adjust your tv scoop and put a small piece of Mylar over those spots.

I see. Being that the scoop rubs against the bottom of the stewie pinball plastic I would assume that the top of the scoop needs to be bent lower to provide clearance between the scoops top and the plastics bottom, also in turn sort of rolling the ball out of the scoop as apposed to the ball being airborne out of the scoop and then slamming onto the field causing the wear.

#139 7 years ago

My machine is all original software wise. Are there any updates that have come out since it's release that I should take advantage of?

#143 7 years ago

Alright now I'm angry. Has anyone here made sense of this rubber ring list? I mean why do only some of them have the quantity needed listed?? I'd rather not guess as to how many I need and what size. Now look at the other charts photo, THAT is how simple it should be laid out from stern.

14861685620191840411927 (resized).jpg14861685620191840411927 (resized).jpg

14861686010841734107521 (resized).jpg14861686010841734107521 (resized).jpg

#144 7 years ago

Alright I got the rubber situation straightened out finally!! Now I have another issue. My settings are not being saved. I have tried multiple times just to set for free play and it just won't save the setting. I pulled the coin cell and it tests for 3 volts, so what else could be the issue? Anyone else had this issue in the past?

#145 7 years ago

Mail man brought a gift today!!. I'm excited now. Really loving the game so far, outside of the Free Play issue. Got multi ball a few times, and during was cracking up at the sounds and callouts so much that it broke my concentration. 27 mil point game though.

1486404425344-1559841024 (resized).jpg1486404425344-1559841024 (resized).jpg

#146 7 years ago

Man, Is this thread dead now or what? Anyone have a source for nice apron cards?

#148 7 years ago

I definitely have been........Allot. I still need to tear mine down and rebuild it but I am to busy having fun with it.

#149 7 years ago

Anyone have any game play tips to score higher? I am following the ruleset, but can't seem to break past 18 mil. Also, what happens after you light everything in stewie pinball? Last night I managed to light all letters except for the G in MEG.

#151 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Stack modes with fart and/or lard multiballs. Modes are worth playing too. When you light up everything on Stewie Pinball you get a multiball where both play fields are active at the same time.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?? wow that sounds cool lol. Okay, so in the picture that I have attached, how do I advance these lights if I want to and how do I collect whichever one that I am going for?

62 (resized).jpg62 (resized).jpg

#164 7 years ago

Is version 8.00 the most current and up to date code?

#166 7 years ago

I put the update into a thumb drive off of the stern site and cant seem to get it to work

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did you unzip the file and put the .bin on the thumb drive? Did you follow the steps? Did you flip dip switch #8, turn on the game, then chose update?

Yes to all Of those. It is completely up to date now. Unfortunately the update still didn't not fix the save issue that I have been having.

#169 7 years ago

Well this is awesome!!! Let me tell ya, I haven't really enjoyed ownership of this thing for what has been less than a month, and the issues just keep getting worse. I updated to 12.0 and now I have random reset issues. Also my display reads 255 credits, WTF!!?? On top of that it will make the coin up sound when you hit the credit button, but no credits are being added. I cannot start a game, Period!! Who can I send all three of my boards to have them checked out and repaired if needed and how do I revert back to the previous update before 12.0??

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It actually sounds like you may have a switch issue.
I believe (though I could be wrong) that the internal counter in the game is 255 for credits, so you can't add anymore credits. Try going into the service menu, and reset EVERYTHING back to factory defaults. Also, check the switch test, and verify that hitting the start button isn't activating any other switches.

Resetting does nothing because none of the settings are being saved no matter what the setting is. I have already tried to set it back to factory numerous times. I'm just going to wash my hands of it and send the boards out. I have already wasted enough time on it.

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Ah, apologies. Sorry for bringing it up!

No apologies needed. I really do appreciate the advice that you gave though. Hopefully I'll be up and running again soon.

3 weeks later
#187 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Enjoying my recently arrived Family Guy . I don't theres any pinball experience quite like playing ipecac contest and fart multiball at the same time...

Good! Good!! Play it some more so that you fall completely in love with it and sell me your TSPP. lol

#190 7 years ago

My FG is still dead..... It's been a hard month without it.

#191 7 years ago

Alright guys I need some help if you could please. Sent my SAM board out for repair over a month ago and he can't fix it apparently, so he sent it to Stern without my knowledge, which probably means I won't see it again until Christmas. It would have been nice had I gotten a phone call or email telling me that the board was sent elsewhere, instead I find out after I called to see what the repair status was. With that being said I think I will just buy a brand new SAM in the mean time. I can no longer take staring at a pin that I paid allot for and cannot play. Now, this is the first time that I have ever needed to purchase a SAM board, so I don't know exactly what else it is that I need to get this running in my game as far as chips etc. nor do I know where to obtain them. Could anyone help please??

What I plan to purchase...

ebay.com link: itm

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Uh yeah... the link you posted... isn't that the MAD Amusements scammer guy?

Indeed it is him, but at this point he is the only one that has these boards and I have Paypal on my side if something does indeed happen. I took a chance on him twice this year already, but only because the items were on Ebay and surprisingly the transactions went well and he shipped fast. Everything came as described. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones? I still wouldn't consider him to be an upstanding seller by no means seeing everything that he has done to people in the past. Heck, I wouldn't buy from him at all if it were something that I could get elsewhere.

#201 7 years ago
Quoted from Defender:

You can also get it from Marco:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5246-00
However, this board (and the one you were looking at) does not ship with the boot ROM installed, as you would swap that from your original board. So you may be out of luck unless you also want to buy a new boot ROM.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/965-BOOT-SAM

Yes!!! Now they are back in stock!! Thanks. I honestly didn't think Marco would get anymore

#202 7 years ago

Hey guys ,where can I see what the manufacture year is on my machine? I'm curious because I honestly believe that this machine is all original and has never been shopped outside of a ridiculous application of wax all over everything, including the figures. This thing is thoroughly routed.

20170401_111534 (resized).jpg20170401_111534 (resized).jpg

20170401_111341 (resized).jpg20170401_111341 (resized).jpg

20170401_111304 (resized).jpg20170401_111304 (resized).jpg

20170401_111255 (resized).jpg20170401_111255 (resized).jpg

20170401_111247 (resized).jpg20170401_111247 (resized).jpg

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Are you missing a trapped ball? Or should that post not be there?

Ha!! Good eye!! Yeah the left ball was missing. The post is factory

#205 7 years ago

Has anyone had the beer can dissasembled yet? I think I am missing parts from the center of it and a screw was completely missing from one side which I have replaced ,but there is still a pretty good sized gap on one side of you look into the can. It's like that pin that allows the can to swing isn't long enough. In another photo you see that the screw is now in the pin,but the threads are exposed and that's not good.

14910692241431357314804 (resized).jpg14910692241431357314804 (resized).jpg
1491069342795-2124929131 (resized).jpg1491069342795-2124929131 (resized).jpg

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Has anyone had the beer can dissasembled yet? I think I am missing parts from the center of it and a screw was completely missing from one side which I have replaced ,but there is still a pretty good sized gap on one side of you look into the can. It's like that pin that allows the can to swing isn't long enough. In another photo you see that the screw is now in the pin,but the threads are exposed and that's not good.

Should I seek out a rebuild kit for this thing, can someone take a top down photo of the inside of their can so that I can see what I am missing? I can't find any exploded views of the assembly anywhere either.

#212 7 years ago

Thanks!!! Stern guided me to this photo in their archives on their site. I must have an earlier revision of the manual because this photo is supposed to be on page 86 and that page in my manual is blank. Not sure why they only did a photo from one side of the assembly. I'd like to see it internally from both sides and need to know where the second E-clip goes.

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

Looking to join the club. Whats a fair price for a nice machine in the northeast? Anyone selling?

When I was looking almost 2 months ago they were $3800-4300 for a bone stock example, the lower priced being routed.

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from Defender:

You can also get it from Marco:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5246-00
However, this board (and the one you were looking at) does not ship with the boot ROM installed, as you would swap that from your original board. So you may be out of luck unless you also want to buy a new boot ROM.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/965-BOOT-SAM

So after I purchase these two, is that all that I need and it's plug and play from there?

2 weeks later
#217 6 years ago

Is the TV mod possible for FG like it is on TSPP with the episode clips? If so I would like to have that.

Also, I found another machine with these cool Stewie pinball decals surrounding the Stewie field. I have never seen these before and can't seem to find them. Possibly custom made?

https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/pinball-machines/stern-pinball-machines/family-guy-pinball-machine.html

#219 6 years ago

I just found it a few minutes before reading your post while looking for flipper rebuild kits. Thanks!!!

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

We now have replacement Family Guy cabinet decals. Available here: http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/family-guy-pinball-cabinet-decals/

So glad that someone has finally taken this on. I only need artwork for the head. Is there any chance of being able to purchase the pieces separately at a later date??

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Anyone ever see one of the original software revisions with a chicken fight video mode?
> > We heard the Chicken Fight video mode has been removed from the US
> > version of the software, but **apparently** is working on the Aussie
> > version. We say apparently coz we didn't get it going, but David Stein
> > has played it and agrees it ought to be removed - long and boring
> > according to David.
from this old thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.games.pinball/cdMQlJVad30/AbFo0g1vorUJ
this page has an old video with it being shown a minute or two into it:
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/familyguy/index5.html

I have the chicken fight mode on my machine. I've never been able to complete it though.

#229 6 years ago

Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! I finally completed Stewie pinball and got whatever the super multi ball is called. I about had a heart attack and my hands started to get tired during the whole time, probably 5 minutes? I managed to finally get my name up with a little over 56 million. I'm sure that's nothing compared to the scores you guys put up. I'm proud of myself lol

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Stewie multiball. IMO the best multiball in any pinball.

It was a great adrenaline rush and I look forward to hopefully doing it again soon

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's hard to NOT beat that mode.

You don't say??? I saw someone mention that all you need to do is rapidly push the flipper buttons, this true?? I have always thought that you needed to hit targets to register punches and figure that was the reason why I can't finish it, then the timer runs out.

#234 6 years ago

Can anyone recommend a good source to print some full color instruction cards?

1 week later
#246 6 years ago

Also anybody selling partial plastics? My scoop plastic has a crack.

I have some but not that scoop plastic. You won't find it by itself new, only in a full set.

#248 6 years ago

Bummer. Guess I'll spring for the set and keep the unbroken unistalled scoop plastic for the next owner when I sell it on down the road.

Yeah it really blows that you have to buy all that for one piece. You'd figure that aomeone would have reprod it by now. It's not like people don't need it.

1 month later
#260 6 years ago

Am I the only one here who doesn't have the Clam topper? I'd really like to have one.

Maybe if we chime in on this thread he'll do another run??
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-family-guy-drunken-clam-animated-topper

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I would be surprised if they don't do another run in the future...!

Do you know the total that were made first an second run? I do know the first run was 50

4 months later
#292 6 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

Anyone have insert decals for the "Pinball" inserts? I need the 'N' insert, as I just picked one up, but that decal is worn. Rest of the game is really nice, and would like to get it back to it's former glory. Thanks in advance!

I never did find the insert decals nor confirm if anyone even made them. My suggestion would be to do like I did. Touch up the area, apply 2 part automotive clear over the touched up areas, sand those level with the field, polish it out, and add a mylar strip over all 7 letters. I've never understood why the mylar wasn't added to that area from the factory. When the ball comes out of the stewie scoop it is literally in the air and drops onto the playfield chipping away at it and the inserts over time. Pics are out of order, sorry.

71806363 (resized).jpg71806363 (resized).jpg
71806347 (resized).jpg71806347 (resized).jpg
71806369 (resized).jpeg71806369 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#297 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Was your scoop damaged or broken?

No damage and no broken welds

7 months later
#309 5 years ago
Quoted from TooFiddyMan:

That’s the one I am looking for. My pin had holes on top of the cab....but no topper. I think the guy kept it to sell or because its awesome.

Those holes could be from the Tournament Play sign that came on the top of the head from the factory. Mine is still attached.

11 months later
#367 4 years ago

I soooooooo wish that there was an update for the animations and call outs!!!! So long overdue for such an outstanding game. These are some of the reasons why I rarely ever play mine. The longer that I let it sit, the fresher it is to me when I come back to it.

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Compare it to any recent game. Family Guy has lots of animation that’s true to the source material and more callouts than any modern game. 5 seasons worth of clips, plus Seth doing tons and tons of custom callouts. It’s a perfect example of what a licensed game should be. Appreciate it, you could be playing Fake Dino Land with awful fake voices & 1999 Crazy Taxi animation.

Yeah but we are at season 17 now Lol. My life would be complete with an American Dad beside it. In my opinion it's the better show.

3 months later
#375 4 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Anybody know where to get a death sticker for the drop target without ordering the whole set of stickers?

Send me a PM as a reminder I think I may have a few.

1 year later
#437 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

What’s my best option for worn N area ? I was thinking re paint then mylar or I hear I can get a sticker made to put on it .Any help would be appreciated .

That's exactly what I did. Painted in what was missing and put a mylar strip over all of the letters. Still good 8 years later

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sohchx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/family-guy-victory-shall-be-mine?tu=sohchx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.