20211204_145521 (resized).jpg
20211202_210138 (resized).jpg
Doc1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211201_181636_381 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211202_123511_098 (resized).jpg
IMG_3385 (resized).JPG
IMG_3389 (resized).JPG
FG Pinballl (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago

You know, I'm *really* expecting(*) custom translight for this game.. So much could be done.

(*) - I'm actually surprised there ISN'T one already..!

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I used to want a new style translite but now i love the original and it wouldn't be the same without it. Rarehero made a few different translite designs but can't release them because he might get fired over it.

Oh, that's completely understandable.

Way back when Stern had the high-res image of the translight on their site, I grabbed a copy. It's now used as one of the backgrounds in my HTPC/DVR setup for the show. You wouldn't know that it came from the pinball if you didn't already know.

2 weeks later
#31 8 years ago

Interesting. I think it has too MANY of the side-characters.

Having the main family in the center would have made it more relevant, IMHO.

1 month later
#38 8 years ago

So who has edited their ROM with the Pinball Browser application to put in Surfin' Bird yet??

7 months later
#84 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Here are PinGraffix FGY Pin Blades installed, they look awesome and photos don't do them any justice.
P1010002_(resized).JPG
P1010001_(resized).JPG
P1010005_(resized).JPG
P1010006_(resized).JPG

Nice!
However, I have to nitpick -
Why is the Griffin's house on both sides? Shouldn't one side have Griffin's, Joe's, and Quagmires, and then Cleveland and his neightbors on the other side?

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Funny... this is why I have held off on getting these as well. I would prefer the two sides be different too. Maybe they will offer different sides in the future??

I'll add them to my (future!) game in a second if they do.

11 months later
#147 7 years ago

Hopefully, people are PLAYING their game..

#156 7 years ago

Quick rules question, since they're being discussed.

One thing I've never been able to put my finger on is that sometimes, seemingly randomly, the game will award something for each beer collected, and then play a sound bite, 'Here's your freakin' jackpot!'. What causes that? (Because honestly, I freakin' love that soundbite.)

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

That's for the "Collect beers" on the beer can options in the pic on post 151.

Ah!
OKAY! Thanks!

#160 7 years ago

Now, usually when I've ben playing, there's been SO MUCH ELSE going on that I haven't been able to pay attention to details.
However, I think I noticed, at one point, that I had enough beer can hits to 'light' a mode - but that mode didn't start until a while afterwards. Is there a shot that specifically starts it, or was I just doing something else in the game that delayed the start?

Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Is it just me or does that sound bite remind anyone else of "Where in the world is Carmen San Diego"? Man, I loved that show!

I didn't notice that, but now that I think of it; yeah, that sounds very similar.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

5 hits to beer can starts first mode. Pretty sure it's +1 hit for every mode after. So it'll take 6 hits to start next and 7 for the one after and so on.

Okay, thanks. That makes sense then.

Is there a rulesheet somewhere? I have more stupid questions that I feel would be explained in the rulesheet... but IPDB doesn't have one listed, and there's not one linked here.

Edit: Nevermind, found one. Jeez, sometimes my google-fu is off.

#165 7 years ago

I believe it's v12.

#170 7 years ago

It actually sounds like you may have a switch issue.

I believe (though I could be wrong) that the internal counter in the game is 255 for credits, so you can't add anymore credits. Try going into the service menu, and reset EVERYTHING back to factory defaults. Also, check the switch test, and verify that hitting the start button isn't activating any other switches.

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Resetting does nothing because none of the settings are being saved no matter what the setting is. I have already tried to set it back to factory numerous times. I'm just going to wash my hands of it and send the boards out. I have already wasted enough time on it.

Ah, apologies. Sorry for bringing it up!

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

No apologies needed. I really do appreciate the advice that you gave though. Hopefully I'll be up and running again soon.

Is okay - I was under the impression that the 'Factory Reset' also cleared all audits and such. I hope you get it running as well - my railroad is right up there, and that will give me an excuse to leave early / come in early. You know.. to raid your gameroom.

2 weeks later
#178 7 years ago

Hey guys -
Two more 'stupid' rules questions that I can't seem to figure out..

First, randomly, Peter will call out "5"... "4" ... "3" ... "2"... I *think* it has something to do with Lard Multiball, but I can't figure out what is counting down. What is being counted down?

Second, there a green 'MULTIBALL' light aimed at the TV scoop. When does it light? (Not during Fart Multiball, as knocking down the targets starts that. Not for Lard, as that is started after hitting the beer can. Not for Stewie Pinball Multiball, as that's started as soon as all the characters are completed.)

#181 7 years ago

In Lard MB, there are different jackpots lit up. I believe that you have a limited amount of time to get all the jackpots to light up the super jackpot, that's what the countdown is for. I think.

Ah! That makes sense then. I don't remember seeing anything on the screen mentioning it, and there have been times where the game has lagged - i.e. I've drained all but one ball, but the display is still showing animations from awards gotten during the multiball, and he still counts down. So I never connected the two, thinking that some other mode was running..

It's for TV wizard mode. After you've started all the TV modes and then get the required amount of spinner hits, this insert will light. It could light for Sperm MB too, but I've never been there.

Ah, okay! Haven't gotten either of those, so that's why then I've never seen it light.

Unfortunately I don't have access to modify the file. So I can't add the stuff about Peter's countdown. Thanks though.

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's an audio bug...the countdown will keep playing even if you're out of Multiball. Stern fixed this but never publicly released the code. PM me if you want the unofficial "home rom."

Hah. Funny you say that. I **JUST** noticed this again earlier today. Was trying to pay attention to the callouts this time, because I was sure that I had heard them after multiball was over. And sure enough, I drained all save one ball after I heard the '5', and sure enough, he just kept going. I was actually wondering (since I can never make that shot) if the Jackpot was still 'active' as kind of a grace-timer thing.

1 week later
#186 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Enjoying my recently arrived Family Guy . I don't theres any pinball experience quite like playing ipecac contest and fart multiball at the same time...

Who wants chowder?!

1 week later
#199 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stewie made the mini pinball. He's not as professional as a real pinball maker!

He can build a freakin' *time machine*. He can make a pinball without issue. Now, howver, making it *pretty*.. that's a different story.

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Hey guys ,where can I see what the manufacture year is on my machine? I'm curious because I honestly believe that this machine is all original and has never been shopped outside of a ridiculous application of wax all over everything, including the figures. This thing is thoroughly routed.

Are you missing a trapped ball? Or should that post not be there?

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Ha!! Good eye!! Yeah the left ball was missing. The post is factory

Interesting. Wonder if that was a design change. The way that loop is laid out make it look like it was originally made for one ball, and the ball was to be hit all the way around to the other side.

3 months later
#261 6 years ago

In other news - nine minutes of the Mayor.

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Am I the only one here who doesn't have the Clam topper? I'd really like to have one.
Maybe if we chime in on this thread he'll do another run??
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-family-guy-drunken-clam-animated-topper

I would be surprised if they don't do another run in the future...!

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Do you know the total that were made first an second run? I do know the first run was 50

Honestly, I didn't even know they did a second run! I preordered one of the first 50, that had the power issue that they sent a new power supply for.

2 months later
#276 6 years ago

Curious -
Can someone grab a somewhat close picture of their Stewie targets, the upper newton ball, and the Seamus target for me? (The only ones on IPDB are of 'prototype', and I wanna see final production.)

Thanks!

#277 6 years ago

Bump! Anyone?

Quoted from Coyote:

Curious -
Can someone grab a somewhat close picture of their Stewie targets, the upper newton ball, and the Seamus target for me? (The only ones on IPDB are of 'prototype', and I wanna see final production.)
Thanks!

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

Here you go. Let me know if you need more. I never heard of the Seamus target.

PERFECT, thanks! You have a Cliffy on your TV scoop?

I was mainly curious about this, which looking at your pic, and the 'prototype' pics, appears to be the same on both games:
3jgIi06 (resized).jpg3jgIi06 (resized).jpg
(No, not the bad grey dither, but the mask in the artwork for a post, just up and to the right of Rupert. My PF is pictured, and despite the art issues, it's NOS from Stern, and I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have to drill a hole there..)

2 weeks later
#285 6 years ago

Yeah - I'm not sure it will give you the results you're wanting.

Since the software is expecting a ball on either side, it awards the letter when *either* switch is opened (not closed). So, with only one ball in there, the game will still award the letter when you hit the ball hard enough to open the switch, but NOT roll all the way to the other side.

There's a very small possibility that - like some 90's Williams games do - that the software will see one switch open, one closed, and handle it properly, but there's only one way to tell that.

#287 6 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

A weak shot to either will continue to collect "pinball letters" from the same side but a solid shot will oscillate the ball to the opposite side... rather smoothly.
I didn't notice any softwear weirdness. I'll give it a closer look the next few days.

Okay, so there's no real difference (to the player) for having a 'switching' captive ball..

4 months later
#303 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Just wondering if anyone can help me with pricing a FGuy playfield at all? I have both the upper and lower that was purchased direct from HSA. This has been professionally cleared by him. Looking to sell.

I got NOS from factory paid for $700.

1 year later
#388 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Thanks, I’ll try that. Stewie pinball was the little toy that made me want the game but it does seem to come up often in a game.
Can’t get the game out of Free Play. Would like to set it up $1 per game.

Check your ROM Revision. I believe there was an update that was released Free-Only that fixed some issues. May nee to downgrade to get pricing back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/family-guy-victory-shall-be-mine?tu=coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.