20211204_145521 (resized).jpg
20211202_210138 (resized).jpg
Doc1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211201_181636_381 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211202_123511_098 (resized).jpg
IMG_3385 (resized).JPG
IMG_3389 (resized).JPG
FG Pinballl (resized).jpg

There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I appreciate the interest, but at this time I'm not sharing any of my 3D files for the variety of pin mods I produce.

No problem...... already have an STL made and ready to print. Also thinking about adding a wood grain to it

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

No problem...... already have an STL made and ready to print. Also thinking about adding a wood grain to it

Not sure how noticeable it would be, but worth a try if that is what you want (I figured my bright colors really don't go with wood grain). You probably saw, but for the way I envisioned a stool all four sides are actually angled inward and the top overhangs the legs at top.

#353 4 years ago

My STL is done for the bench........ I will post pics later. If any of you 3D printer guys would like a copy shoot me an email.

I beveled off the square edges of the seat and also made my leg braces thiner to look more in perspective as a whole.

#354 4 years ago

Here is a quick print of the finished design in clear PLA that i threw paint on.

Im doing a final multi colored print now and will show pics once its installed.

Like I said anyone who whats the STL. so they can print shoot me an email as it really turned out nice with very little effort.
IMG_1235 (resized).jpgIMG_1235 (resized).jpgIMG_1236 (resized).jpgIMG_1236 (resized).jpg

#355 4 years ago

Finished printed one. I am not making these but will send you the file

E2C52E13-050E-465F-B92E-768EDB54BED3 (resized).jpegE2C52E13-050E-465F-B92E-768EDB54BED3 (resized).jpeg
#356 4 years ago

Fairly new member of the club. Would definitely be keen on printing a stewie stool please

20190529_000307 (resized).jpg20190529_000307 (resized).jpg
#357 4 years ago
Quoted from tac007:

Fairly new member of the club. Would definitely be keen on printing a stewie stool please[quoted image]

Shoot me an email with your email address

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've created a new 3D printed Stewie stool for the Family Guy pin. The stool is printed at 100% infill as a single model, and is quite durable. The still also comes with adhesive on the bottom of each of the 4 legs to keep it in place. Stool may be printed in single color (yellow pictured) or dual colors with the top of the stool differing from the legs (yellow/black and yellow/orange pictured).

The pics Mr Tantrum posted of the stool are from my game. Excellent product, and looks like it should have been part of the game from the factory.

Fantastic experience dealing with Mr Tantrum...highly recommended!

Also, if you own a Getaway, you have to check out the Getaway thread that references his long list of mods for that game...fantastic additions to the game!

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from scottr:

The pics Mr Tantrum posted of the stool are from my game. Excellent product, and looks like it should have been part of the game from the factory.
Fantastic experience dealing with Mr Tantrum...highly recommended!
Also, if you own a Getaway, you have to check out the Getaway thread that references his long list of mods for that game...fantastic additions to the game!

Sorry, @scottr, I should have given you credit. Was his idea and couldn't have done it w/o all of his help with measurements. I've had a few people order, and thus far very positive feedback from those who have received theirs.

As he mentioned, I own a Getaway and also a Jurassic Park. I've created all sorts of mods for both, so please PM me if you are interested in a list of items and pricing for either of these pins. I'm just a pinball hobbyist, but I've done several custom graphics and 3D mods for a variety of pins as a result of Pinsiders liking my stuff and asking what I have or can do for their other pins.

#360 4 years ago

Thanks Mr. Tantrum! The stool looks amazing, like it should have been there from the factory.

0516B85B-A044-431C-A9B8-AA5F40D889FA.jpeg0516B85B-A044-431C-A9B8-AA5F40D889FA.jpeg2792E8EF-1409-4B2E-95F8-5BE8BB641C66.jpeg2792E8EF-1409-4B2E-95F8-5BE8BB641C66.jpeg
#361 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thanks Mr. Tantrum! The stool looks amazing, like it should have been there from the factory.[quoted image][quoted image]

Glad you like it, and great pics.

For those of you who have installed, would you mind sharing the process (I've not actually done it myself as I don't have access to a FG pin)?

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sorry, scottr, I should have given you credit. Was his idea and couldn't have done it w/o all of his help with measurements.

No apologies necessary my friend, it was truly a collaborative experience...and a great one at that!

Regarding installation, very straight forward. Simply remove the screw on the back of Stewie that fastens him to the post. Remove backing of provided adhesive on bottom of stool legs, and lower stool over post. Re-fasten Stewie onto post, and finished!

#363 4 years ago

Does anyone have a good quality scan of the slingshot plastics? The machine I work on was sold with Monopoly slingshots. Can't find it anywhere online. If someone could take them off, and scan them it would be really appreciated.

#364 4 years ago

Pics of my new Stewie stool courtesy of Mr. Tantrum

IMG_1630 (resized).jpgIMG_1630 (resized).jpgIMG_1631 (resized).jpgIMG_1631 (resized).jpg
#365 4 years ago

Are there any tricks to removing the figures on the playfield? I was thinking of changing some out (Stewie for another Stewie, for example) and wondering how to go about doing this the right way before I mess anything up accidentally while trying.

Thanks.

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sorry, scottr, I should have given you credit. Was his idea and couldn't have done it w/o all of his help with measurements. I've had a few people order, and thus far very positive feedback from those who have received theirs.

Looks great!!!... sorry I couldn't get the final measurements you needed off of mine in time, but obviously turned out excellent ( that whole spare time thing)...No doubt this belonged on the game, imho.

4 weeks later
#367 4 years ago

I soooooooo wish that there was an update for the animations and call outs!!!! So long overdue for such an outstanding game. These are some of the reasons why I rarely ever play mine. The longer that I let it sit, the fresher it is to me when I come back to it.

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I soooooooo wish that there was an update for the animations and call outs!!!! So long overdue for such an outstanding game. These are some of the reasons why I rarely ever play mine. The longer that I let it sit, the fresher it is to me when I come back to it.

Compare it to any recent game. Family Guy has lots of animation that’s true to the source material and more callouts than any modern game. 5 seasons worth of clips, plus Seth doing tons and tons of custom callouts. It’s a perfect example of what a licensed game should be. Appreciate it, you could be playing Fake Dino Land with awful fake voices & 1999 Crazy Taxi animation.

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Compare it to any recent game. Family Guy has lots of animation that’s true to the source material and more callouts than any modern game. 5 seasons worth of clips, plus Seth doing tons and tons of custom callouts. It’s a perfect example of what a licensed game should be. Appreciate it, you could be playing Fake Dino Land with awful fake voices & 1999 Crazy Taxi animation.

Yeah but we are at season 17 now Lol. My life would be complete with an American Dad beside it. In my opinion it's the better show.

2 months later
#370 4 years ago

Anyone need anyone FG plastics..... bought whole set for the slings and maybe the scoop but shoot me a PM if you need anything else.

1 month later
#371 4 years ago

Does anybody know where I could purchase a new ramp? Part #510-5004-00. Looks like marco has the ramp but not with the riveted ramp flap and the riveted piece that holds the habitrail.

#372 4 years ago

I got my FG when they made them in 2007 loved the game and so funny owned it for a long time then had too sell it for something else as most us do ,then I missed it a lot so picked up one this year when I seen a nice one for sale around me so back in the club it was like I never left it .

Happy flipping everyone

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Does anybody know where I could purchase a new ramp? Part #510-5004-00. Looks like marco has the ramp but not with the riveted ramp flap and the riveted piece that holds the habitrail.

I wound up ordering the plain ramp from Marco. Not sure if I am going to try my hand at riveting or secure the ramp flap and bracket with some flat head screws. Anybody else try this?

#374 4 years ago

Anybody know where to get a death sticker for the drop target without ordering the whole set of stickers?

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Anybody know where to get a death sticker for the drop target without ordering the whole set of stickers?

Send me a PM as a reminder I think I may have a few.

#376 4 years ago

pm sent thanks!!!

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I wound up ordering the plain ramp from Marco. Not sure if I am going to try my hand at riveting or secure the ramp flap and bracket with some flat head screws. Anybody else try this?

I wound up buying a riveter from Home Depot and the ramp came out good.

#378 4 years ago

I just finished shopping my family guy. Any idea where these two pieces go?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#379 4 years ago

Bottom of the mini play field

1 month later
#380 4 years ago

Can somebody tell me where to adjust Stewie in the diagnostics test? I can't seem to find it.

2 weeks later
#381 4 years ago

Anyone know what "directors cut" setting is in game adjustment menu is?

#382 4 years ago

Rare Hero insults you on every switch you hit.

2 weeks later
#383 4 years ago

My first SS purchase. Beautiful and fun! Purchased Christmas Eve and received it about 2 weeks ago. Contemplating a color DMD.

3F934DD6-513D-4765-BC8C-66A344BD33BA (resized).jpeg3F934DD6-513D-4765-BC8C-66A344BD33BA (resized).jpeg
#384 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

My first SS purchase. Beautiful and fun! Purchased Christmas Eve and received it about 2 weeks ago. Contemplating a color DMD.[quoted image]

Get the colordmd. Well worth it.

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Get the colordmd. Well worth it.

Absolutely. Does _wonders_ for this game.

#386 4 years ago

This is just a couple suggestions for all FGY owners.

Let’s face it stewie Pinball is fun! But like anything it can get old when you access it 5-6+ times in one game, especially when you have no timer.

1. In settings adjust Stewie Pinball to sudden death with timer.

2. In settings adjust captive-ball to 1 PINBALL letter per captive ball hit.

3. In settings adjust Stewie Pinball to one CHARACTER letter per target hit.

4. This requires removing the mini playfield-follow manual-very easy. Remove the center post (between the captive balls) and one ball from the lane.
-This is where I think Pat Lawlor is a absolute genius!

Anyone can hit the lower captive ball over and over and over and start stewie over and over again. But make them use the side flipper to progress because of design... brilliant!

I’ve made these adjustments on my family guy and it works perfectly. In the end it requires you to oscillate the ball(a weak hit will score a letter but won’t oscillate ball) to spell Pinball for stewie. As well as collect jackpots and extra ball.

Makes the game a bit more difficult but also makes stewie a better experience to me. If you find yourself starting stewie very often try these adjustments.

#387 4 years ago

Thanks, I’ll try that. Stewie pinball was the little toy that made me want the game but it does seem to come up often in a game.
Can’t get the game out of Free Play. Would like to set it up $1 per game.

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Thanks, I’ll try that. Stewie pinball was the little toy that made me want the game but it does seem to come up often in a game.
Can’t get the game out of Free Play. Would like to set it up $1 per game.

Check your ROM Revision. I believe there was an update that was released Free-Only that fixed some issues. May nee to downgrade to get pricing back.

1 month later
#389 4 years ago

I have a drunken clam topper by tilttopper. It is less than a year old. Would there be any interest, or ideas on what it would it be worth?

#390 4 years ago

I'm sure there is interest but international shipping might kill the sale for most. New they were around US$240 I think.

#391 4 years ago

I have one of the Family Guy animated toppers and the AC Adapter kinda self destructed & let's say the topper went offline because of that...
Someone mentioned they could clip off the AC adapter and wire into 5V somewhere near the right flipper button. Anyone have any details on how to do /try that?
Thanks!

#392 4 years ago

IIRC, black wire is ground at the service plug, red is +5v, yellow is +12v. On the output of the ac adapter, it’s usually center pin is + and outside barrel is ground... but having a cheap $5 meter from Harbor Freight will go miles into not frying something. Good luck, and check with a meter before doing something you will regret, trust me, I have done stupider things just because I didn’t want to get up and go get my meter out of my man cave... regrets regrets regrets

#393 4 years ago

I just picked up a nice FG. Am about to order some Cliffys and I see he sells protectors for both sides of the ramp. Has anyone ever seen or heard of the right side entrance being cracked? Doesn't look like that side needs a protector due to the post in front of it.

#394 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

IIRC, black wire is ground at the service plug, red is +5v, yellow is +12v. On the output of the ac adapter, it’s usually center pin is + and outside barrel is ground... but having a cheap $5 meter from Harbor Freight will go miles into not frying something. Good luck, and check with a meter before doing something you will regret, trust me, I have done stupider things just because I didn’t want to get up and go get my meter out of my man cave... regrets regrets regrets

Thanks for the reply. I see a gray wire with a twist cap right on the right cabinet side. I do have a DVM so will check before I leap into it or another 5VDC spot to tap.

FYI:
Here's a reply I got years ago from Dan at Tilttopper re: the AC Adapter and alternatives:

Ken, sorry to hear about the problem. Regarding the screen,You can actually tap directly into the 5 V which is the center pin of the same 12 V plug just below the right flipper assembly. The LCD screen runs off of the 5 V but the reason we don’t use it is because some of the family Guy machines are a little flaky and the LCD screen tends to be sensitive. We have had people tap the 5V and it works absolutely fine and others have the screen reset. If it doesn’t work, you can always go back to the wall adapter.

#395 4 years ago

Found a +5V source on the unused dollar bill acceptor and tried that on the + Red side of the leads going to LCD on topper and the other GND lead clipped to the ground braid but nothing started the animation.
Has anyone else that owns this topper found a good place to tap the 5VDC for the topper? Looks like the broken AC adapter output was 5VDC, 2000ma.

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I just picked up a nice FG. Am about to order some Cliffys and I see he sells protectors for both sides of the ramp. Has anyone ever seen or heard of the right side entrance being cracked? Doesn't look like that side needs a protector due to the post in front of it.

I installed both on mine, the post does protect it from a head on shot but the ball can raddle or bounce from the left post. It’s not absolutely needed but better safe than sorry.

#397 3 years ago

Having issues finding a suitable 5VDC 2000ma replacement AC Adapter for my FGY Tilttopper.
Bought this one off Amazon and it worked for about 7hrs, then died. The FGY LCD will act like it's starting up, sometimes displaying the first graphic, then reboot itself once or twice, then go black.

Anyone else had to replace this AC Adapter, find one that WILL work and stand the test of time? Tnx!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GUO5WUI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00

#398 3 years ago

Having to sell my Family Guy to fund something else. If anyone is interested, please send me a message. Thanks.

Machine - For Sale
Family Guy Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “I have a nice Family Guy that I would like to sell to fund another game from a pinsider. (My first choice is to sell it, but I might also be open to trading toward a nice White Wa...”
2020-04-05
San Francisco, CA
4,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 442 times

2 months later
#399 3 years ago

Happy to have joined the club Picked up a nice HUO Family Guy this evening with mirror blades, LED's, and a couple other minor mods. Looking forward to getting it setup!

20200618_200248 (resized).jpg20200618_200248 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#400 3 years ago

In the club
It’s on 2.1? Guessing it’s due for an update
Do games from this era do zip drive ?
My Simpsons was not
The language on this game is shocking to me
I’ve never played it till now played two games laughed more then anything

0AE6D0A7-6D52-4444-84C1-93520389C5B6 (resized).jpeg0AE6D0A7-6D52-4444-84C1-93520389C5B6 (resized).jpeg3A2F24DA-AD67-4734-BC71-43B2043EAE1B (resized).jpeg3A2F24DA-AD67-4734-BC71-43B2043EAE1B (resized).jpeg426AEF3E-C4EF-4AD1-9673-ED0AD9D8066A (resized).jpeg426AEF3E-C4EF-4AD1-9673-ED0AD9D8066A (resized).jpeg88D42E9D-D181-42B0-90AD-A8DF0407B8C4 (resized).jpeg88D42E9D-D181-42B0-90AD-A8DF0407B8C4 (resized).jpeg8B3B2E7C-9519-477E-8243-CD605893E1CC (resized).jpeg8B3B2E7C-9519-477E-8243-CD605893E1CC (resized).jpegCA66089E-5932-4FF6-B83D-A04CF9996216 (resized).jpegCA66089E-5932-4FF6-B83D-A04CF9996216 (resized).jpeg531A07A2-94BE-4883-ABC5-BDA0045BFEA9 (resized).jpeg531A07A2-94BE-4883-ABC5-BDA0045BFEA9 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/family-guy-victory-shall-be-mine/page/8?hl=tac007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.