20211204_145521 (resized).jpg
20211202_210138 (resized).jpg
Doc1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211201_181636_381 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211202_123511_098 (resized).jpg
IMG_3385 (resized).JPG
IMG_3389 (resized).JPG
FG Pinballl (resized).jpg
There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
#201 7 years ago
Quoted from Defender:

You can also get it from Marco:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5246-00
However, this board (and the one you were looking at) does not ship with the boot ROM installed, as you would swap that from your original board. So you may be out of luck unless you also want to buy a new boot ROM.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/965-BOOT-SAM

Yes!!! Now they are back in stock!! Thanks. I honestly didn't think Marco would get anymore

#202 7 years ago

Hey guys ,where can I see what the manufacture year is on my machine? I'm curious because I honestly believe that this machine is all original and has never been shopped outside of a ridiculous application of wax all over everything, including the figures. This thing is thoroughly routed.

20170401_111534 (resized).jpg20170401_111534 (resized).jpg

20170401_111341 (resized).jpg20170401_111341 (resized).jpg

20170401_111304 (resized).jpg20170401_111304 (resized).jpg

20170401_111255 (resized).jpg20170401_111255 (resized).jpg

20170401_111247 (resized).jpg20170401_111247 (resized).jpg

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Hey guys ,where can I see what the manufacture year is on my machine? I'm curious because I honestly believe that this machine is all original and has never been shopped outside of a ridiculous application of wax all over everything, including the figures. This thing is thoroughly routed.

Are you missing a trapped ball? Or should that post not be there?

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Are you missing a trapped ball? Or should that post not be there?

Ha!! Good eye!! Yeah the left ball was missing. The post is factory

#205 7 years ago

Has anyone had the beer can dissasembled yet? I think I am missing parts from the center of it and a screw was completely missing from one side which I have replaced ,but there is still a pretty good sized gap on one side of you look into the can. It's like that pin that allows the can to swing isn't long enough. In another photo you see that the screw is now in the pin,but the threads are exposed and that's not good.

14910692241431357314804 (resized).jpg14910692241431357314804 (resized).jpg
1491069342795-2124929131 (resized).jpg1491069342795-2124929131 (resized).jpg

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Ha!! Good eye!! Yeah the left ball was missing. The post is factory

Interesting. Wonder if that was a design change. The way that loop is laid out make it look like it was originally made for one ball, and the ball was to be hit all the way around to the other side.

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Hey guys ,where can I see what the manufacture year is on my machine?

Back of the cabinet. Date is stamped on there.

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting. Wonder if that was a design change. The way that loop is laid out make it look like it was originally made for one ball, and the ball was to be hit all the way around to the other side.

Correct. That was the original design. Easy mod to do...might be worth trying out.

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Has anyone had the beer can dissasembled yet? I think I am missing parts from the center of it and a screw was completely missing from one side which I have replaced ,but there is still a pretty good sized gap on one side of you look into the can. It's like that pin that allows the can to swing isn't long enough. In another photo you see that the screw is now in the pin,but the threads are exposed and that's not good.

Should I seek out a rebuild kit for this thing, can someone take a top down photo of the inside of their can so that I can see what I am missing? I can't find any exploded views of the assembly anywhere either.

#210 7 years ago

Looking to join the club. Whats a fair price for a nice machine in the northeast? Anyone selling?

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Should I seek out a rebuild kit for this thing, can someone take a top down photo of the inside of their can so that I can see what I am missing? I can't find any exploded views of the assembly anywhere either.

IMG_3064 (resized).JPGIMG_3064 (resized).JPG

#212 7 years ago

Thanks!!! Stern guided me to this photo in their archives on their site. I must have an earlier revision of the manual because this photo is supposed to be on page 86 and that page in my manual is blank. Not sure why they only did a photo from one side of the assembly. I'd like to see it internally from both sides and need to know where the second E-clip goes.

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

Looking to join the club. Whats a fair price for a nice machine in the northeast? Anyone selling?

When I was looking almost 2 months ago they were $3800-4300 for a bone stock example, the lower priced being routed.

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

When I was looking almost 2 months ago they were $3800-4300 for a bone stock example, the lower priced being routed.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'd happily pay 4,300 for a nice one, but everybody on pinside wants 1k more... I'll keep looking.

#215 7 years ago

Thanks for the heads up.
I'd happily pay 4,300 for a nice one, but everybody on pinside wants 1k more... I'll keep looking.

I think you'd be lucky to get a good condition FGY for much under $5k at the moment. I recently got mine for $5300, completely stock but very good condition low play HUO.

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from Defender:

You can also get it from Marco:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5246-00
However, this board (and the one you were looking at) does not ship with the boot ROM installed, as you would swap that from your original board. So you may be out of luck unless you also want to buy a new boot ROM.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/965-BOOT-SAM

So after I purchase these two, is that all that I need and it's plug and play from there?

2 weeks later
#217 6 years ago

Is the TV mod possible for FG like it is on TSPP with the episode clips? If so I would like to have that.

Also, I found another machine with these cool Stewie pinball decals surrounding the Stewie field. I have never seen these before and can't seem to find them. Possibly custom made?

https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/pinball-machines/stern-pinball-machines/family-guy-pinball-machine.html

#219 6 years ago

I just found it a few minutes before reading your post while looking for flipper rebuild kits. Thanks!!!

#220 6 years ago

We now have replacement Family Guy cabinet decals. Available here: http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/family-guy-pinball-cabinet-decals/

family-guy-pinball-cabinet-decals-flipper-side-art (resized).jpgfamily-guy-pinball-cabinet-decals-flipper-side-art (resized).jpg

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

We now have replacement Family Guy cabinet decals. Available here: http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/family-guy-pinball-cabinet-decals/

So glad that someone has finally taken this on. I only need artwork for the head. Is there any chance of being able to purchase the pieces separately at a later date??

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

I'm assuming someone recreated this in Photoshop? You might want to correct the mistake on Neil's hat. The image was just flipped so it says AV on one side and VA on the other. Or is it best to leave it accurate? I dunno...that always bugged me that we/Stern didn't catch that lol

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm assuming someone recreated this in Photoshop? You might want to correct the mistake on Neil's hat. The image was just flipped so it says AV on one side and VA on the other. Or is it best to leave it accurate? I dunno...that always bugged me that we/Stern didn't catch that lol

This is always a problem with reproduction parts for any game, and you can't please everyone. Do we go with 100% original, or fix little mistakes and accidents made on the originals?

So far the only thing we've intentionally fixed is making the print resolution higher for much cleaner looking graphics. Even that is risky as some people will want low resolution original!

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Well, replacement of the LED's going well. Need a few extra globes...my math sux obviously...lol!! Shame they're not in Oz, could drop in and grab what I needed asap...anyway.... Have to fix one lamp holder as the copper pins have been pushed in a bit. Will do that tonight.
Found this as an alternate translite...ebay.com link » Stern Family Guy Pinball Machine Custom Translite 8 Mil Polycarb Uv Printed
Looks interesting. Bit dark up at the top but wonder if I should get it for a light box setup?

Anyone notice "Partriot Ale" is a typo?

ebay.com link: Stern Family Guy Pinball Machine Custom Translite 8 Mil Polycarb UV Printed

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Anyone notice "Partriot Ale" is a typo?
ebay.com link » Stern Family Guy Pinball Machine Custom Translite 8 Mil Polycarb Uv Printed

Ugh - that bootleg translite is fucking terrible. Typos, horrible composition, perspective that doesn't make sense. Anyone who'd actually pay for that shit and put that on your game - Shame!

#226 6 years ago

Anyone ever see one of the original software revisions with a chicken fight video mode?

> > We heard the Chicken Fight video mode has been removed from the US
> > version of the software, but **apparently** is working on the Aussie
> > version. We say apparently coz we didn't get it going, but David Stein
> > has played it and agrees it ought to be removed - long and boring
> > according to David.

from this old thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.games.pinball/cdMQlJVad30/AbFo0g1vorUJ

this page has an old video with it being shown a minute or two into it:
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/familyguy/index5.html

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Anyone ever see one of the original software revisions with a chicken fight video mode?
> > We heard the Chicken Fight video mode has been removed from the US
> > version of the software, but **apparently** is working on the Aussie
> > version. We say apparently coz we didn't get it going, but David Stein
> > has played it and agrees it ought to be removed - long and boring
> > according to David.
from this old thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.games.pinball/cdMQlJVad30/AbFo0g1vorUJ
this page has an old video with it being shown a minute or two into it:
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/familyguy/index5.html

I have the chicken fight mode on my machine. I've never been able to complete it though.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I have the chicken fight mode on my machine. I've never been able to complete it though.

All games have Chicken Fight. It used to be a video mode where you just had to slap the buttons to win. It was changed to a switch frenzy mode where you have to hit switches to win (spinner or bumpers are your best bet)

#229 6 years ago

Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! I finally completed Stewie pinball and got whatever the super multi ball is called. I about had a heart attack and my hands started to get tired during the whole time, probably 5 minutes? I managed to finally get my name up with a little over 56 million. I'm sure that's nothing compared to the scores you guys put up. I'm proud of myself lol

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I finally completed Stewie pinball and got whatever the super multi ball is called.

Stewie multiball. IMO the best multiball in any pinball.

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Stewie multiball. IMO the best multiball in any pinball.

It was a great adrenaline rush and I look forward to hopefully doing it again soon

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

It's hard to NOT beat that mode.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's hard to NOT beat that mode.

You don't say??? I saw someone mention that all you need to do is rapidly push the flipper buttons, this true?? I have always thought that you needed to hit targets to register punches and figure that was the reason why I can't finish it, then the timer runs out.

#234 6 years ago

Can anyone recommend a good source to print some full color instruction cards?

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

You don't say??? I saw someone mention that all you need to do is rapidly push the flipper buttons, this true?? I have always thought that you needed to hit targets to register punches and figure that was the reason why I can't finish it, then the timer runs out.

Launch code has it as a button mashing game. It's not like that anymore....unless you have old code on your game! If your game has anything below 12.0, update now!

If you do have up to date code, go for the spinner during Chicken Fight or try to stack it with a multiball.

#236 6 years ago

I bought my FGY nib in 2008 and have put ~600 plays on it since. I finally got around to installing the Pinball scoop Cliffy. What a pain in the ass. But seeing as how my playfield is still perfect it was worth protecting it.

#237 6 years ago

How much does an HUO family guy go for? Getting ready to start looking in the next couple of months

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

How much does an HUO family guy go for? Getting ready to start looking in the next couple of months

I got a stock, but absolutely mint single owner HUO for $5300 a few months ago. They can certainly be found for less, but for excellent condition that seems to be the going rate these days.

1 week later
#239 6 years ago

My Peter and Meg targets in the mini playfield don't activate in switch test mode. They look like normal stand-ups but with a smaller head? Do these fail a lot on this game? Pull the mini playfield and replace?

Also anybody selling partial plastics? My scoop plastic has a crack.

#240 6 years ago

My FG has a factory error on the screen printing that was factory touched up but still looks like a 7 year old did the work. Do you think the high res decals would devalue the game or am i just better off leaving it alone?

#241 6 years ago

My Peter and Meg targets in the mini playfield don't activate in switch test mode. They look like normal stand-ups but with a smaller head? Do these fail a lot on this game? Pull the mini playfield and replace?

Those are piezo-electric targets. Basically they turn pressure (ball hitting target) to an electrical pulse. They're pretty neat. I've never heard of these failing often...and I'm not sure that they've ever been used in other games.

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

My FG has a factory error on the screen printing that was factory touched up but still looks like a 7 year old did the work. Do you think the high res decals would devalue the game or am i just better off leaving it alone?

Pics would help, but generally you're better off leaving it alone.

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Those are piezo-electric targets. Basically they turn pressure (ball hitting target) to an electrical pulse. They're pretty neat. I've never heard of these failing often...and I'm not sure that they've ever been used in other games.

Thanks for the info, did not know that.

What happens on your game if you push those targets in switch test with a ball? Maybe they are not part of the switch test diagnostic?

#244 6 years ago

Thanks for the info, did not know that.
What happens on your game if you push those targets in switch test with a ball? Maybe they are not part of the switch test diagnostic?

I would test it by flinging the little ball at the target, not by pushing it in with my finger.

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I would test it by flinging the little ball at the target, not by pushing it in with my finger.

Just did that, in switch test mode with the door closed, it doesn't register.

When I play a game however, the Meg and Peter targets do appear to work again. Not sure what is going on...

#246 6 years ago

Also anybody selling partial plastics? My scoop plastic has a crack.

I have some but not that scoop plastic. You won't find it by itself new, only in a full set.

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I have some but not that scoop plastic. You won't find it by itself new, only in a full set.

Bummer. Guess I'll spring for the set and keep the unbroken unistalled scoop plastic for the next owner when I sell it on down the road.

#248 6 years ago

Bummer. Guess I'll spring for the set and keep the unbroken unistalled scoop plastic for the next owner when I sell it on down the road.

Yeah it really blows that you have to buy all that for one piece. You'd figure that aomeone would have reprod it by now. It's not like people don't need it.

#250 6 years ago

Put the plastic protector set on. I've had it on my game almost since day 1, and my scoop plastic is still fine!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/family-guy-victory-shall-be-mine/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.