20211204_145521 (resized).jpg
20211202_210138 (resized).jpg
Doc1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211201_181636_381 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211202_123511_098 (resized).jpg
IMG_3385 (resized).JPG
IMG_3389 (resized).JPG
FG Pinballl (resized).jpg
There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#1 9 years ago

Can't believe there isn't a FGuy club. Well, now there is...all welcome to talk about the pin and more.

I almost got to wizard mode by completing all the (spinner) modes the other day. First time I played it in ages, can't stop playing it now...lol. Once the kids get a bit older I need to change back over to the adult version..love the humour in this baby.

Need to work out the best leds for this machine..I'm getting some serious flickering at the moment. Nothing like I've seen in any of the other pins I've owned...any suggestions welcome on what to use.

Anyone else wanna join??...and yes...I'm looking at you Rare Hero!! lol.

Giggity Gigg-i-ty

IMG_0161.JPGIMG_0161.JPG

#2 9 years ago

congratz !!!
fun game

#3 9 years ago

One of sterns best! Love me some FGY. The TV wizard mode that you nearly got is top notch. Sperm attack is another beast to achieve which I did once In the 4 years I owned it. Good luck!

"Do you want me to whack a guy, whack off a guy..."

#4 9 years ago

Great game! Still miss mine. Try putting in the Shrek code for a full mind blowing experience.

#5 9 years ago

Excellent game. Very fun. If you like family guy you will love the pin. I still like the mini playfield on this one.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball77:

Excellent game. Very fun. If you like family guy you will love the pin. I still like the mini playfield on this one.

I think it is the single greatest toy in all of pinball. Better even than Doctor Who's three level playfield.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think it is the single greatest toy in all of pinball. Better even than Doctor Who's three level playfield.

When I first saw it and played I was amazed that playing a mini pinball within a pinball machine would work. Have to agree with you TigerLaw..one of the best toys going around!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Great game! Still miss mine. Try putting in the Shrek code for a full mind blowing experience.

Haha, might try that one day....would definitely freak me out. Where and how would I go about doing this out of interest?

1 week later
#9 9 years ago

So far I'm feeling very lonely in this club..only the one owner...?! lol

Tumbled my balls to a nice shiny finish, cleaned the pf'd and now, I'm off to play. Hopefully there will be other members next time I return, otherwise I'll just keep taking to myself

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Need to work out the best leds for this machine..I'm getting some serious flickering at the moment. Nothing like I've seen in any of the other pins I've owned...any suggestions welcome on what to use.

Anyone else wanna join??...and yes...I'm looking at you Rare Hero!! lol.

Whats up! Why would I wanna be in a Family Guy club!??!?!

As for LEDs - use non-ghosting or premiums and they won't flicker. I used Cointaker's 2-LED Premium (the flat top kind). They're awesome. Cool white under blue & green. Warm white under yellow, red and orange. Use colors to change inserts that look better in color than white. I made Death red, EB orange, Pirate green, Jackpots red. Warm white in GI. I think I used a cool white on Brian's spotlight to make him more white...I'd have to turn it on and look....but I'm lazy lol.

#11 9 years ago

Welcome Rarehero...thanks for joining...still have that translite too....thank you!

Will look into those led's, really need to do something about the flicker, it's killin me. Interesting you used all whites, usually I try and colour match, thanks for the tips.

#12 9 years ago

I joined the Family Guy club last April and the TSPP club this April.....and made a new friend out of Jardine. Sending 1000 e-mails about both machines. haha. My two favourite tv shows.

My Family Guy was "routed", but in pretty good condition. LEDs, mirror blades and yellow legs and trim.

Family Guy is currently in semi storage awaiting the move to the new house. Will be like a brand new game when I play it again. I just remember laughing at the variety of call outs. So good!

I nearly swallowed my tongue the day I did a forum search and read Rarehero's stories about the production and initial artwork.

Time to go watch some Family Guy I think....

Cheers!
Adam.

#13 9 years ago

Hope ColorDMD is working on FGY. TSPP looks awesome, and FGY should be even better with the extra shades the SAM boardset allows.

#14 9 years ago

I am awaiting my FG- I bought mine from a fellow pinsider. Absolutely love the show and am looking forward to playing the game. I had owned Shrek in the past and was sad to let it go, so FG will be a keeper for sure Im going to do a led conversion too. Im going to try the lamps RareHero used- can anyone tell me if they are non ghosting?

Oh- is there any place to still get the Stewie Pinball decal?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Welcome Rarehero...thanks for joining...still have that translite too....thank you!
Will look into those led's, really need to do something about the flicker, it's killin me. Interesting you used all whites, usually I try and colour match, thanks for the tips.

Color matching isnt necessary for the most part. Here's why.

Yellow and orange LEDs are dim and both look orange. Warm white brings out the real yellow and orange of the insert.

Red LEDs look almost identical to warm white so I rarely bother. Also some seemingly red inserts are amber. You'll only see the difference if you use warm white .

I like the "emerald green" and "Sky blue" that cool white brings out of inserts. You only need to color match if you want "forest green" and "smurf blue".

The only insert I almost always use color on is pink/purple. Those always look best with a pink LED imo.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-665.jpgimage-665.jpg
image-84.jpgimage-84.jpg

Quoted from denmark71:

Im going to try the lamps RareHero used- can anyone tell me if they are non ghosting?

If you get Premium or Non-Ghosting, they're non ghosting

#16 9 years ago

I used non ghosting in mine, looks amazing and no issues. Love the FGY!

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I joined the Family Guy club last April and the TSPP club this April.....and made a new friend out of Jardine. Sending 1000 e-mails about both machines. haha. My two favourite tv shows.
My Family Guy was "routed", but in pretty good condition. LEDs, mirror blades and yellow legs and trim.
Family Guy is currently in semi storage awaiting the move to the new house. Will be like a brand new game when I play it again. I just remember laughing at the variety of call outs. So good!
I nearly swallowed my tongue the day I did a forum search and read Rarehero's stories about the production and initial artwork.
Time to go watch some Family Guy I think....
Cheers!
Adam.

Hey Adam, thanks for dropping by mate. Hope you get that FGuy out of storage soon mate..

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

Hope ColorDMD is working on FGY. TSPP looks awesome, and FGY should be even better with the extra shades the SAM boardset allows.

Family Guy would definitely look amazing. I got the Color DMD for TSPP and it's like it was released with it. Now they are doing Metallica and if they do FGuy I'll have a trifecta!

#19 9 years ago

Proud member here. FG been in my collection the longest of all my pins. Love the humor. Great game.

#20 9 years ago

Bought it NIB and it's still my favorite DMD game. Unique layout, great art and sounds, deep rules, almost impossible to reach the final wizard mode. Love it, great game. Need color DMD please.

#21 9 years ago

Still attempting to figure mine out( deep rule set), LMAO every time it comes on.

365435-i.jpg365435-i.jpg
#22 9 years ago

You know, I'm *really* expecting(*) custom translight for this game.. So much could be done.

(*) - I'm actually surprised there ISN'T one already..!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You know, I'm *really* expecting(*) custom translight for this game.. So much could be done.
(*) - I'm actually surprised there ISN'T one already..!

I used to want a new style translite but now i love the original and it wouldn't be the same without it. Rarehero made a few different translite designs but can't release them because he might get fired over it.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I used to want a new style translite but now i love the original and it wouldn't be the same without it. Rarehero made a few different translite designs but can't release them because he might get fired over it.

Oh, that's completely understandable.

Way back when Stern had the high-res image of the translight on their site, I grabbed a copy. It's now used as one of the backgrounds in my HTPC/DVR setup for the show. You wouldn't know that it came from the pinball if you didn't already know.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Still attempting to figure mine out( deep rule set)

I must admit this is what has surprised me the most. Having TSPP in my collection I wasn't really after another deep game. I sourced FGuy and bought initially because of two reason, 1) I loved the show and theme of the pin and 2) thought it would look good next to my Simpsons.

Glad I pulled the trigger, was contemplating selling it to fund another but have to hang on to it now. Depth is great on this pin....Stewie Multiball is harder to accomplish than first thought, that in its self took a bit to work out what needed to be done!!

Nice to see a few more members signing up....welcome

#26 9 years ago

Hooray, a FGY club!!!.....had mine for awhile now ( technically bought it for my Son, but he's not reading this, so it's mine.. ). Easily one the most " pure fun" machines for me....call outs hilarious ( still)....and I always drain too fast during " Ipecac Contest"...just too hard trying to keep up w dialogue, video, and gameplay....love this machine....colordmd, please!!!....mark

#27 9 years ago

Sits next to my TSPP too, but I purchased in reverse....

2 weeks later
#28 8 years ago

Michelle has come through and I received my Cointaker leds today. Gonna be a busy couple of days replacing all the current leds.

Without sounding like a stalker I followed Rarehero's advice and went with whites mainly and all Premium Non-Ghosting....looking forward to see the results but not looking forward to removing and replacing some of the leds. A few of them look to be in a bastard of a position!!! lol

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Michelle has come through and I received my Cointaker leds today. Gonna be a busy couple of days replacing all the current leds.
Without sounding like a stalker I followed Rarehero's advice and went with whites mainly and all Premium Non-Ghosting....looking forward to see the results but not looking forward to removing and replacing some of the leds. A few of them look to be in a bastard of a position!!! lol

Good luck...post some more pics when done!!!

It's been awhile, but I don't think there were too many tough spots to get to on the machine....I just always seen to overlook a few on all my machines, until glass back on, and I've played it a week or so...

#30 8 years ago

Well, replacement of the LED's going well. Need a few extra globes...my math sux obviously...lol!! Shame they're not in Oz, could drop in and grab what I needed asap...anyway.... Have to fix one lamp holder as the copper pins have been pushed in a bit. Will do that tonight.

Found this as an alternate translite...ebay.com link: Stern Family Guy Pinball Machine Custom Translite 8 Mil Polycarb UV Printed

Looks interesting. Bit dark up at the top but wonder if I should get it for a light box setup?

Family_Guy_alt_Translite__ex_01.jpgFamily_Guy_alt_Translite__ex_01.jpg
#31 8 years ago

Interesting. I think it has too MANY of the side-characters.

Having the main family in the center would have made it more relevant, IMHO.

#32 8 years ago

FGY was the first pinball machine I ever purchased, and I bought it NIB in '07. I went with PinballBulbs for LEDs and really like the look of it. Swapped out the rubbers for colored Titan silicone rubbers. Tried color matching and think it came out well. It's subtle, but when I see the pin with the black rubbers, you can tell a huge difference.

1 month later
#33 8 years ago

Kinda quiet in here.....!!

Finally got to change over all the leds to the one's RH recommended and holy shit, what a difference!! The owner before me had all types of colours in all types of inserts...was a skittles rainbow as I was removing them. Never knew the PINBALL inserts were yellow (originally had them as green!!). Same with the family member inserts on the pf'd. Yellow now previously they were Red I think...lol.

If I can get a good photo I'll show before and after shots.....love this game!

#34 8 years ago

No worries... I'm feeling a color DMD coming soon.....then we will dominate!!!! ( I have no insider info...just hoping hard)

#35 8 years ago

Anyone put a Sigma in their FGY yet? The orange dots just look like such shit next to my TSPP now, thinking the Sigma is a no brainer...just curious if anyone has done it yet?.....mark

#36 8 years ago

Anyone put a Sigma in their FGY yet? The orange dots just look like such shit next to my TSPP now, thinking the Sigma is a no brainer...just curious if anyone has done it yet?.....mark....

#37 8 years ago

Double post...sorry

1 week later
#38 8 years ago

So who has edited their ROM with the Pinball Browser application to put in Surfin' Bird yet??

3 weeks later
#39 8 years ago

I have maybe a FGY tech question. So I picked up one today (awesome) and I felt my Stewie wasn't facing in the correct direction that he should be with the action going on. So I popped opened the handy manual, read about the Stewie adjustment. I opened the 1/2 x 440 grub nut screw, removed stew from the shaft, found the flat spot as the manual said, place Stewie back on the shaft where the 440 screw will tighten against the flat spot. Then went into the Diag mode, Stewie test as the manual says, ran it and he'll face the mini PF then the player back and fourth etc....and exited.

However when I first boot-up the machine, Stewie starts to move and the spasm when the inch 440 screw hits the red stop. During play he now seems to be facing all the right directions with the action. Is this spasm on boot-up normal for all the Stewies or do I have a misalignment somewhere?

TIA

Mike

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is this spasm on boot-up normal for all the Stewies or do I have a misalignment somewhere?
TIA
Mike

Normal. They all do this. Your game is fine.

Enjoy it. Family Guy was my first NIB pin.

#41 8 years ago

Thank you, oh the family has been enjoying this one and laughing their ass off with all the adult humor.

#42 8 years ago

I bought one nib years ago but sold it,just picked up a fine example a week ago and am glad I have one again,I have never seen one with orange powder and kind of like it.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I bought one nib years ago but sold it,just picked up a fine example a week ago and am glad I have one again,I have never seen one with orange powder and kind of like it.image.jpg image.jpg

I like the look, if I ever had the need to powder coat my rails, I would consider that color.

#44 8 years ago

Nice to see a couple new members and with a handle like Deathhimself it was only a matter of time before you had to get a FGuy, lol.

As for the Orange trim rockrand....honestly, I don't mind it either!! The colour is not to overpowering! Nice.

If anyone has any spare sling plastics for this game I'd sure be keen for them!! Mine are broken and the only thing that really spoils the look of my game at the moment.

#45 8 years ago

FG was our first NIB machine (Australian delivered) in 2007. Still have it and it isn't leaving anytime soon. Know of another local guy that bought one new that has never taken the glass off and is running the original (shipped) game code.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from GAP66:

never taken the glass off

Wow wonder if there is any wear issues going on there, at least spread some pledge every now and then lol.

#47 8 years ago

I think FG has moved up in the ranking to be tops on my want list! I need more fun and laughter and fart humor in my life. I think we all do.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I bought one nib years ago but sold it,just picked up a fine example a week ago and am glad I have one again,I have never seen one with orange powder and kind of like it.image.jpg image.jpg

I notice your Stewie has a helmet on - I tried that when I originally got the game, but then he'd never face the correct way during gameplay. Just that small weight difference throws off his alignment or something.

#49 8 years ago

If anyone can recall the TV mod for TSPP with Itchy and Scratchy, well that gave me the idea to build one like that for FGY and the perfect spot for it will be next to Stewie and just above the scoop where you have to shoot the TV.

So the parts are ordered, already started converting 2gigs or so of video to loop and play and hopefully in a few weeks I can report back or post video of the final product.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I think FG has moved up in the ranking to be tops on my want list! I need more fun and laughter and fart humor in my life. I think we all do.

Completely agree!!! Without a doubt, the game with least stress in my small lineup. They all play great, but FGY makes me laugh EVERY time I play it....tough machine to beat ( doubt I ever will), but as long as I get at least 1 Stewie multi ball, 1 ipecac, and 1 chicken fight, it's a win for me!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/family-guy-victory-shall-be-mine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.