• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by psygho
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey guys,

I have a family guy that the sound is stable most of the time but will then increase in volume out of no where and stay there. The volume adjustment and number displayed does not change, the mahcine just gets louder, then randomly it will resume back to the lower volume on its own. Any ideas? Also I have cointaker leds in the machine and ofcourse some of them a slightly lit when they shouldn't be, anyway to avoid this?

Thanks,
Neil

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

so I have cointaker leds in the machine and of course some of them a slightly lit when they shouldn't be, anyway to avoid this?

Really the only way I know is to buy premium bulbs. They are expensive, but eliminate the ghosting you are referring to. I have a bunch of non premium and unless they are for GI, they ghost for the most part. Some games I believe have ROMs that eliminate the ghosting as well, but not familiar with that route.

#3 10 years ago

On the LED's - get non ghosting ones.

LTG : )

#4 10 years ago

I had to buy a bunch of non ghosting ones for Elvis and Family Guy. I just started out with standards and eventually kept replacing the ones that were ghosting with the non ghosting. The problem does not happen on each and every bulb socket in the Stern games.
It sure would be nice if the prices of the non ghosting came down, but it looks like they are selling the heck out of them.

#5 10 years ago

Ofcourse when I ordered them from cointaker, the premiums were not available. They didn't have their crap together back then or they never offered them to me. That means I have 2 MM, AFM, CV, 3 IJ and a few other kits sitting here that are garbage. Any ideas on my sound issue?

#6 10 years ago

For your sound issue, make sure your game code is the latest per the Stern website or call the service hotline. This was an issue with earlier versions.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Ofcourse when I ordered them from cointaker, the premiums were not available. They didn't have their crap together back then or they never offered them to me. That means I have 2 MM, AFM, CV, 3 IJ and a few other kits sitting here that are garbage.

There are patched "non-ghosting" ROMs that you can get that will take care of your ghosting with the kits you have.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

On the LED's - get non ghosting ones.
LTG : )

Yes you have ghosting issues..

1 month later
#9 10 years ago

Wl As for the sound i have the exact problems, as wel as manu other shrek users...
In the pinwiki stated as follows:

4.8 Sound problems

In early SAM games if you have the simulated knocker activated the sound may go to full volume after you get a replay. This is a bug in the operating system code part. Fixed in newer games but Stern didn't release updated roms. Observed in FG and Shrek. Workaround disable the simulated knocker and if you want the sound put a real one in (the games support it).

So bull for the game update files..... Set the volume off, for the nocker sound. (standard adjustment #44 And put an real one in to it.(as i did) Cased closed! no more problems!

1 week later
#10 10 years ago

Bummer, mine does the sound issue again! It went good for a lot of plays...

Sounds like the info on pinwiki is not accurate...

Drat... I have knocer volume off.

Mailed stern about this issue, but i think not much is happening from them...

Wel i opened mine own thread. , and got some odd things, whats yor sam code and software code..

Heres the other thread:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-problems-with-family-gy-and-shrek-sound-volume-goes-its-own-way#post-898698

Maybee it is just an sam boot code update after all... Then i must apoligize tot the one who had bring this up...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/family-guy-two-annoying-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.