(Topic ID: 147093)

Family Guy TV scoop switch issue

By Paisley_Pinball

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have a Family Guy machine and a problem.
When the ball goes into the TV scoop, the switch won't activate.
I have replaced the with with a good one. Have made sure that the wire arm is getting pressed by the ball. Tested it (hundreds of times) in switch test and it all checks out fine.
BUT, when i actually want it to work in practice, in a game, it will not register at all. I have had the assembly off and checked it all out and it works fine and as expected. It's as if the ball isn't pressing the switch when the assy is installed (but I know it is because i have had my head inside the machine to check when a ball goes in). I am totally stuck and up against it time wise.

Does any one have any ideas what i can check next?

#2 8 years ago

Run jumper wires to the outside of the game to bypass the switch during game play and activate the switch to see what happens. If it works, the switch is bad when the pf is in normal position. If still no good, raise of. If switch now registers(you said it does during switch test) bypass directory at the circuit board in the backbox. Assuming it works, find the wire or connector break between the switch and the circuit board connectors. Heck, just run new wires. You need to get it working.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks. I managed to get it working (more or less) It seemed to be something to do with the wire arm. It took me hours to adjust it just right. I really hope it doesn't happen again as it took me all afternoon on something that should take 15 mins tops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/family-guy-tv-scoop-switch-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.