Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by smassa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC01727.JPG
DSC01725.JPG
DSC01724.JPG
nielson.gif
DSC01719.JPG
DSC01718.JPG
DSC01721.JPG

#1 9 years ago

any thoughts on an even trade, my family guy has numerous upgrades and the CV is unshopped but 100%.

#2 9 years ago

Go for it 100%

#3 9 years ago

That is a "NO-BRAINER" jespo...
Get on it before they realize what they are doing!

#4 9 years ago

I'm not a fan of the show but I think FG is much more fun as a game. CV is WAY WAY WAY nicer looking and is worth more now and probably for the rest of time (or at least until the rapture saturday) so I still think it's a good trade.

#5 9 years ago

the only thing that gives me pause is my cash situation, i may offer him my revenge from mars (that i love!!!=() just to get some cash on hand and free up space as well. besides even if i don't like it and just clean it up myself looks like theres some potential buyers right here=)

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

That is a "NO-BRAINER" jespo...
Get on it before they realize what they are doing!

I agree. I've played both. I like CV better.

#7 9 years ago

Check for wear around the "volts" roll over switches in the middle of the playfield & around the edges of the Boom Ballon. If they are clean you should have no problem flipping it if you dont like it. To me CV it a better game then FG anyways but FG is deeper and has some funny quotes.

#8 9 years ago

With the risk of being laughed at I am going to say: No way! I would prefer Family Guy over Cirqus Voltaire any day. You are trading in a machine with a lot of humor for a game that has 0% of it. That ringmaster annoyed the hell out of me and the game got old fast! Keep the FGY!

#9 9 years ago

I like Family Guy better,just my 2 cents,which is all I have left.

#10 9 years ago

I prefer CV. FG humor gets old quick to me. I also find the ball times very, very long.

#11 9 years ago

I like both games, but I would give the edge to CV.

#12 9 years ago

I am not even the biggest fan of CV but still a no brainer to me as well. CV is a classic that you will be able to trade easily in the future if you wanted to. FGY is also up for re-release through Stern soon making them a little less collectable.

#13 9 years ago

CV is an all time classic and not many made. Have tried to buy one only to be pipped at post a few times. Looks great, great light show. Is it a keeper? No idea as can only decide that after owning one!

#14 9 years ago

no brainer, keep the Family Guy. Family Guy is just as collectable, hilarious and more fun to play. CV might be worth a little more, but the need to shop it and the upgrades on your FGY will probably make them close to even price wise. Keep the FGY.

#15 9 years ago

Funny how split people are, but I am very much on the polar side of Voltaire, I don't even think it's close. Family Guy is fun, but it feels really similar to Shrek, Voltaire is unique and amazing.

#16 9 years ago

I'm not the biggest fan of CV too but i would go with it. Classic!!

#17 9 years ago

Shrek and Family Guy are the exact same game with a different theme, that's why they feel similar. With that being said Family Guy (and Shrek) are very unique. The toys in CV are blah, there is no other game that I know if with a toy like the mini pinball.

Quoted from mykquillion:

Funny how split people are, but I am very much on the polar side of Voltaire, I don't even think it's close. Family Guy is fun, but it feels really similar to Shrek, Voltaire is unique and amazing.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The toys in CV are blah

The ringmaster with a magnet on the top of is head is ''blah''?????? and not unique????

A pop bumper who disappear is ''blah'' ???? and not unique????.....

A mini pinball is just a small pinball machine IMO. Nothing unique there...

#19 9 years ago

Keep your FG .. work out a buy price on the CV

#20 9 years ago

bye bye to family guy no question!

#21 9 years ago

wow everyone is split on this one! its a mighty tough call. i also have a routed RFM that i cleaned up, i might sell that to make $ and clear up space. thats the only reason i'm moving the family guy, little cash and some space...sorry brokedad can't keep em both! i'll let you guys know what transpires.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

wow everyone is split on this one! its a mighty tough call. i also have a routed RFM that i cleaned up, i might sell that to make $ and clear up space. thats the only reason i'm moving the Family Guy, little cash and some space...sorry brokedad can't keep em both! i'll let you guys know what transpires.

Well yeah if he will just sell the CV & you can get rid of RFM and add a lil extra to get the CV that is the way to go.

#23 9 years ago

Then everyone can agree to disagree!
But I am sure someone on this forum will be sad to see RFM go...

#24 9 years ago

c

Quoted from NimblePin:But I am sure someone on this forum will be sad to see RFM go...
i certainly will! i do enjoy my RFM. i think i'll squeak 100 bucks out of the voltaire for family guy trade, so as long as the voltaire isn't in shambles when i get there all should be well. less than an hour drive so no harm in taking the trip to check it out. sounds like a cool guy anyways and its always interesting to meet other pinballers.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Shrek and Family Guy are the exact same game with a different theme, that's why they feel similar

That's what I am saying, how can a game be unique if it exactly the same as another game. Even between the two, and I know I am in the minority, I like Shrek better than Family Guy.

#26 9 years ago

i went and made the trade today, just 30 minutes away. met a great guy named Larry, very cool! The cirqus voltaire needs some work but very minor things. also the backbox is wider than a normal machine, whats the best way to fit it through a narrow door. i'll put pictures up later...

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

whats the best way to fit it through a narrow door

I would first remove the door by taking out tube in hinges if its going to be tight. To get those out get a screw driver and lightly hammer end to get them out. Easy takes about 3 to 5 minutes to take off and put back on.

#29 9 years ago

i already had the door and moulding off! a standard stern pinball machine fits through w/o the door and moulding but voltaire's backbox is wider. is there any way to sneak it through without removing the whole backbox, i'd like to avoid that if possible.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

stern pinball machine fits through w/o the door and moulding but voltaire's backbox is wider.

So you made the trade good for you I hope you love your new addition! Not sure if CV backbox is wider than TOTAN. But with the door removed I was able to slide my TOTAN in and out of the room without scraping it on the standard doorway. It was tight but it did fit. Carried pin upright backbox down as in transport then straight through.

#31 9 years ago

You stand 'em up like a fridge and store them like that, I guess side ways through the door way

#32 9 years ago

heres some pictures, took the mylar off and other than one spot (that was already there) the game looks really nice. cabinet is close to perfect and its a fair trade for my family guy. more pics after some leds come in!

#33 9 years ago

heres some pictures, took the mylar off and other than one spot (that was already there) the game looks really nice. cabinet is close to perfect and its a fair trade for my family guy. more pics after some leds come in!

DSC01721.JPG DSC01718.JPG DSC01719.JPG

#34 9 years ago

Looks great. I would have a hard time parting with my CV.

#35 9 years ago

Congrads on your new acquisition. The LED's are gonna make CV glow! Such a beautiful game. I hope you enjoy it and FG will always be out there and available should the timing be right to come back to you.

#36 9 years ago

suprised no one has mentioned that your icon is awesome Brokedad! Leslie Neilson was so hilarious... nielson.gif and where the hell was i?! DSC01724.JPG DSC01725.JPG DSC01727.JPG

#37 9 years ago

Not bad...It looks like you have wear near a roll over switch. Might wanna look into some touch up work. Id suggest putting a mylar that are used for inlane returns from ramps over the roll over switches & then get an exacto knife and cut out where the switch goes down. This will prevent future chipping of the edges. Also is your "Join the Cirqus" insert worn on the top edge? You may be able to get a replacement decal for that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 189.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 34.95
Electronics
PinSound
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside