• Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I picked up a family guy and the fluorescent light in the back box was missing as well as the fluorescent starter. I replaced both and when I turn the machine back on the light briefly and partially flickered on but then went out. Any suggestions on what to look for?

#2 4 years ago

I tested the fluorescent bulb and another pin and it did not work so whatever happened must have fried the bulb

#6 4 years ago

Thanks guys it sounds like it must be the ballast since I already replaced the bulb and the starter

#8 4 years ago

I have another issue that maybe somebody could shed some light on. When I hit the death target the center save button repeatedly goes up and down instead of just going up and staying up until it times out

#10 4 years ago

When I re-wire the new ballast does it matter which wire goes to the red and which wire goes to the black connector?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12 4 years ago

Thanks guys, it was the ballast. To be honest, I didn't even know there was a ballast screwed to the top of the backbox on Sterns with the fluorescent tubes. I was able to fix the center post as well. The bracket to the locking mechanism was bent far enough to prevent it from locking the plunger piece in place. When I got the family guy it was very dirty and had numerous problems but it really cleaned up nice and none of the problems were all that hard to fix. It was routed and I don't think it had been played in years.

#14 4 years ago

I did wind up using that Amazon link to buy it. It was $13.47. This thing was mounted inside when I bought Family Guy.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/family-guy-back-box-lighting-issue?tu=Don44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.