Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MK6PIN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hey there so i was successful in acquiring a tmnt pin. Soon im about to start searching for a family guy pin. I've heard mixed things about stern(unfinished codes, shoddy work etc)So i wanted to know things i should be on the lookout for.

#2 7 years ago

Family Guy is a great game. Just make sure the targets on the mini playfield score. If not, there is a modification kit by Stern to help repair the original target switches.

Code is fine and complete. free download available on their site.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Family Guy is a great game. Just make sure the targets on the mini playfield score. If not, there is a modification kit by Stern to help repair the original target switches.
Code is fine and complete. free download available on their site.

how does downloading code work? is the target not scoring a big issue

#4 7 years ago

Highly recommend playing a FG before purchasing. I personally think it's a very polarizing layout. Granted next to a TMNT, it's an upgrade regardless. But over the last month I've finally played both a FG and a Shrek within a week of each other (same layout, but only had played a Shrek prior) so I could finally judge the layout exclusively vs. theme.

I think the FG layout is quite unique but catered to certain players. I think my 7yr old would hate FG/Shrek. If you got a TMNT its most likely because you're like me and are in your early 30s that theme is in your wheelhouse, and that beats anything related to gameplay (this is also why my 1st game was a Data East Simpsons) and/or because you have kids and they like current cartoons and TMNT and FG are both current. If the latter is true Id recommend playing FG/Shrek first because I think it's a very hit/miss layout. Great in a collection, but I'd be bored if it were the main pin in my collection, and my son would be asking me to sell it for something else (which is also why I got rid of my WCS).

Good luck with the search!

#5 7 years ago
#6 7 years ago

FG is undated with a USB stick

Quoted from Yoko2una:

PS - if you have a stern without latest code, my personal go to is Keith at Ks Arcade (ksarcade.net). He will download the newest code onto the chip set you need and then Stern has a PDF on how to replace the chips on their website. My former Stern was less than $20 for 2 chips and the swap took less than 10 minutes.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

FG is undated with a USB stick

A 1.1 compatible usb stick if memory serves. A lot of the ones made in the last few years will not work.

FG is a good game. Quite deep with great code. Callouts are all from early episodes. Shrek got a small code update, but the callouts are awful voice actors. Really really terrible ones. FG has the original actors and is excellent.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Highly recommend playing a FG before purchasing. I personally think it's a very polarizing layout. Granted next to a TMNT, it's an upgrade regardless. But over the last month I've finally played both a FG and a Shrek within a week of each other (same layout, but only had played a Shrek prior) so I could finally judge the layout exclusively vs. theme.
I think the FG layout is quite unique but catered to certain players. I think my 7yr old would hate FG/Shrek. If you got a TMNT its most likely because you're like me and are in your early 30s that theme is in your wheelhouse, and that beats anything related to gameplay (this is also why my 1st game was a Data East Simpsons) and/or because you have kids and they like current cartoons and TMNT and FG are both current. If the latter is true Id recommend playing FG/Shrek first because I think it's a very hit/miss layout. Great in a collection, but I'd be bored if it were the main pin in my collection, and my son would be asking me to sell it for something else (which is also why I got rid of my WCS).
Good luck with the search!

I'm actually turning 21 in a few months. I work a whole lot(70 hours+ a week) and i bought TMNT because im a huge tmnt fan as am Family guy. So far im insanely impressed by family guy and im hoping at the york show ill be able to try and play it.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

PS - if you have a stern without latest code, my personal go to is Keith at Ks Arcade (ksarcade.net). He will download the newest code onto the chip set you need and then Stern has a PDF on how to replace the chips on their website. My former Stern was less than $20 for 2 chips and the swap took less than 10 minutes.

How would i know if i have the latest code?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

How would i know if i have the latest code?

When you turn the game on, watch the DMD, it will say there.

LTG : )

#11 7 years ago

FGY is a great pin!!!.....just the right mix of shots, humor, and a very real upper playfield that interacts big time w lower during Stewie MB. My 15 year old Son's favorite, and plat it often myself. A great change of pace from "flowy" or " brutal" pins...plenty of depth, but don't have to go thru it all to enjoy....highly recommend!!!....mark

#12 7 years ago

AND the colordmd can only be a matter of time before release!!! ( please)

#13 7 years ago

My pinball goal is Family guy then Simpsons pinball party. A color Dmd for Ninja turtles and Family guy would be awesome.

#14 7 years ago

At your age you have to be a fan of South Park as well? The game isn't deep as far as rules, but the callouts make it worth while. It's a great game to play with friends. And it can be had for a little less money.
I think a FG, SP, SPP trio would be great!

#15 7 years ago

Not a South Park fan. I enjoy an episode or 2 but for the most part no. Family guy is highest on my want list so I'm trying to knock that one out.
My list goes Family guy->Pinball party->Simpsons(data east)->Mustang->Adams Family

#16 7 years ago

Officially looking to purchase a family guy pinball

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Officially looking to purchase a family guy pinball

GL with your hunt.....you won't be disappointed.....was playing mine tonight....did you place a " wanted" ad? I didn't look

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

GL with your hunt.....you won't be disappointed.....was playing mine tonight....did you place a " wanted" ad? I didn't look

Yes I did. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/39659

#19 7 years ago

Cool...they pop up every now and then....you're chances could go up in the next month or so with all these new games coming out.....people looking to make room......excited for you!!!...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/family-guy-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.