Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider henhel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I have a chance to get one of these pins almost the same price range. I would like some opinions from people that have played both on which one would fit "family fun" label the best. Thanks

#5 9 years ago

Thanks rarehero. You are a pinside legend I am just a beginner in this hobby so what you say through your experience means a lot to me.

#7 9 years ago

actually to dive more into this I am 63 yrs old and the Creature kind of brought back some memories and I figured my wife would like it too. But I have been looking seriously at SM the last few weeks and I can only get one or the other. I have a small collection Taxi and DM maybe that info would sway some of your thoughts. I want to get a good value pin. It does not seem to be an easy decision. Oh and by the way I have never played either of them I am only going by the fact they are around my area for sale and the PAPA tutorials. That is the main reason why I reached out to people that have played both.

#10 9 years ago

I will be the one playing it the most by far. I have three grandchildren but two are infants and my grandson is 4 so he would like anything. Its really for me so screech as you call it and may I ask why do you call it that may be better suited for me. I just don't want it to be to tough for my wife to have fun at. Having such a small collection each pin I get I agonize over it being the right ONE!!! So all your feedback is greatly appreciated.

#13 9 years ago

SM is about $500 more.

#18 9 years ago

Thank you to everyone putting in their opinions. A lot of you are on SM and I think you are right. Watching Bowen on the PAPA tutorial really did it for me you could hear from the excitement in his voice playing that pin hell he played for 1 hr and 12 min. Thanks again. Now I just need to find the right one.

#28 9 years ago

I am going to go take a look at it on Sunday. I will let everyone know how this plays out. Thanks for all the info. I keep going back and forth on each pin so playing creech could sway me.

#35 9 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the imput. I am going to see the pin on Sat. so I will let you all know. Let me throw a wrench into this thread--- he also has a WW for sale--- kind of makes me wonder??????? I could like WW better and its a lot more less $$$$$

#37 9 years ago

yes Whirlwind

#39 9 years ago

Hmmmm really???

#40 9 years ago

another reason for looking at spidey is that you can get one for basically the same price as creech +/- $200 they have really come down in price the last year or so.

#43 9 years ago

$4500 SM and $4200 creech WW $2500

#58 9 years ago

Thanks for all the advice people. I got an E-Mail last night from the guy and he said that he found a switch that was not working so he cancelled on me. He said he would fix it and let me know, so now I just wait unless something else comes up and swoops me away from this buy. You all know how we pinball people are we just move on to the next adventure. I will keep you informed. By the way I was leaning towards getting the Creech but I still would have had to play it first and then would have made my final decision.

#60 9 years ago

I guess owning both would be a perfect mix. I think to answer your question I am a nostalgic type of guy so I would lean toward CFTBL. Thanks for your opinion.

#63 9 years ago

exactly what I was thinking!!!!!!!!!! If that is the case like I said before I will just move on to the next adventure.

#65 9 years ago

Ya got that right!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 25.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
€ 24.00
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 27.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider henhel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/family-fun-pinball-tcftbl-vs-sm?tu=henhel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.