4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from henhel:

$4500 SM and $4200 creech WW $2500

If $4200 is high for a nice CFTBL (as was noted), you east coaster's are lucky--a really nice SM or a quality CFTBL would both cost more in So Cal.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

If this is with regard to why I think CFTBL is bordering on PG13, I'm probably exaggerating the severity. But I was thinking of:
1) A guy is locked in the trunk of a car and this is treated as a humorous situation
2) "KISS" involves a guy getting romantic with a girl
These may not be problems for a teenager, but if you have a 7 year old, it might create some questions.

The guy is locked in the trunk cause he snuck into the drive in that way. When we use to go to the drive in at least 3 people would hide in the trunk, so they didn't have to pay. it a joke about being claustrophobic. Wanting to get out as soon as you found a parking spot. And kissing at the drive in.... Well, we all know that happened at least one time or another. Very PC/PG game in my view. And way cooler than Spider Man. Not to say Spider Man sucks, but come on CFTBL rules. WW would be my second place winner, and SM last. choose wisely, my friend!

#53 4 years ago

And one last thing... Prices and values on all pins people talk about on this site range wildly, and are bound to start a riot. Were I live $4200 is not a ton for I nice CFTBL... There is always going to be wear around the snack bar hole. Easy to hide with a cliffy protector. If someone offered me $4200 for mine, I would laugh it off and show them the door. Depending on it condition, You might get the seller to come down... But, don't start out too low or you might piss off the seller. Happens to me all the time. Some joker wants to buy my Elvira and the party monsters for $1200 cause that's what they go for in his world. Starting out too low kills the deal immediately, when I sell a pin.

#54 4 years ago

Ill give you 1250 for the Elvira.....

#55 4 years ago

Nice review of creech two posts above!

#56 4 years ago

I vote Creature because you'll be playing for the majority of the time. Cool table with great looking cab. The theme and music are excellent. The hologram is neat too, when working.

SM is a good table as well, so either choice will be good, but I would prefer to own a CFTBL.

#57 4 years ago

I recently bought SM and my 3yr old son loves it, when asked for his favorite anything, the answer is always "all of them." When asked about his favorite of "his" 3 pins, it's SM all the way.

#58 4 years ago

Thanks for all the advice people. I got an E-Mail last night from the guy and he said that he found a switch that was not working so he cancelled on me. He said he would fix it and let me know, so now I just wait unless something else comes up and swoops me away from this buy. You all know how we pinball people are we just move on to the next adventure. I will keep you informed. By the way I was leaning towards getting the Creech but I still would have had to play it first and then would have made my final decision.

#59 4 years ago

I have a large collection and own both. I'm 62 so we are close in age.

CFTBL is like driving a classic car.

SM is like fast car.

Both give thrills but to different parts of your brain.

Do you want the rush of speed or the fond memories as you play?

FWIW I find myself playing CFTBL more often than my BSM but neither are FS.

#60 4 years ago

I guess owning both would be a perfect mix. I think to answer your question I am a nostalgic type of guy so I would lean toward CFTBL. Thanks for your opinion.

#61 4 years ago

My family loves CFTBL, it is a simple game and new players and kids seem to be drawn to it as well. It is a good looking machine, put a WTB here on pinside. If you do go with the Creech the hologram on some goes black or blue, this does not affect gameplay but does matter on resale value there are some aftermarket mods you can buy if you want but they are 300 to 500 dollar range.

John

#62 4 years ago

A non-working switch is generally no big deal, an easy fix, and is kind of an interesting excuse to cancel. Perhaps you may not get invited back...

#63 4 years ago

exactly what I was thinking!!!!!!!!!! If that is the case like I said before I will just move on to the next adventure.

#64 4 years ago

One good thing about pinball, it is a never ending series of adventures!

#65 4 years ago

Ya got that right!!!

#66 4 years ago

Creature rules. Awesome package all around. Loved that game since day one and a top game on creature (600 mill or more, big jAckpots) is way more satisfying than one on spider man, where any amateur can luck into a frenzy of stacked multiballs and endless ballsaves.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

I have a large collection and own both. I'm 62 so we are close in age.
CFTBL is like driving a classic car.
SM is like fast car.
Both give thrills but to different parts of your brain.
Do you want the rush of speed or the fond memories as you play?
FWIW I find myself playing CFTBL more often than my BSM but neither are FS.

Like many other Carguments, this is an absolutely terrible analogy.

You just described an EM, not creature. The "rush" of creature isn't nostalgia it's being able to master a very difficult multiball with multipliers, and cashing in on the big points of modes or move your car when given the chance.

I like spider man but don't find it to be much of a "thrill" or adrenaline rush. The shots are all way too easy and it's almost surprising when you can't put a few together. Beginners love it for this reason.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bentonville, AR
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside