• 45 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

I+cant+be+the+only+one+who+thought+of+this+_0b6d3ca063e121110e89e011716bff70 (resized).jpg
b844f26ab1e7e22844f4771278456dd6 (resized).jpg
DSCN6309 (resized).JPG
detail (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago

Following. I have no idea where this thread will end up going. But I am on board for the ride.

#23 4 years ago

Odin, you have to get away from Pinside once and a while and go old school

Pinside might say "First Million Shot", but IPDB includes the "Solid State" caveat -

"Comet was the first solid-state machine to feature a one million point shot, using Steve Kordek's voice to announce "One Million!".

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Always thought a padded bra qualified as false advertising. That might be off topic.

Makes me think about the scene from Animal House with his hands full of toilet paper.

I wonder if you can even get the un-cut classic movies anymore. Imagine the heads exploding these days if the original Blazing Saddles was shown in public. (how's that for the continued derailment)

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Enjoy it wHile you can, how long can they leave in the whole molesting a 13 year old in there?

Actually after the Angle / Devil argument he didn't do anything. It was a later scene when she lets him know she is underage and introduces him to her father.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why do people ALWAYS say this about blazing saddles?
I saw it “in public” two years ago. If you consider in front of 2,500 people at radio city “in public.” There were no protests nor did any of us get in trouble on Facebook when we posted about being there. Heads did not “explode,” except in laughter.
Blazing saddles is not racist, it’s funny. It never was racist. Most people understand this.
Yes the language is extremely offensive, but the entire point of the movie is that the people using that language and espousing those views are absolute morons. And, in the end most see the error of their ways.
There’s a big difference between casually using racist language in 2019 on the street and watching and enjoying a 40-year old movie that is hilarious and also anti-racist. You can still do one and not the other.
Moral of the story: nobody is going to upset with you for laughing at Blazing Saddles, it’s not banned, and the fact that it’s good doesn’t excuse being “politically incorrect” in your daily 2019 life.

Because you couldn't make that movie or most of Mel Brooks comedy these days. If you see it on TV or buy (most) versions these days they are edited. Heck, they edit Radios for Guns in E.T.

You are correct. Mel was a master of using words to shock but not be insulting.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You probably couldn’t make it today...but it’s not being scrubbed from history.
Mel was at the screening I attended, it was amazing.

Awesome. I crossed my finger for years but he never made "Jews In Space".

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Self moderation is cool.

Beat them to the punch and keep them off guard.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/false-advertising?tu=Taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.