(Topic ID: 320010)

Fall shaping up for good pin sales

By MtnFrost

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5rg06b0c38y31 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MtnFrost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 1 year ago

With falling gas prices, the massive jobs market report, lowest unemployment in decades, and the open job market, we are avoiding a recession and look to be making a soft transition into a stable economy - I suspect as fuel prices drop, we’ll see inflation start to fall as well.

Which should mean a nice pin market for those of us who sell pins.

I’m hopeful to see our market continue to be solid.
    Fingers crossed. I suppose if I had extra cash now’s a great time to pick up summer deals. Alas, I have no more space right now.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Record low unemployment!
    Yay stuff that is happening and needs to be discussed here for some reason!

It shows one of many metrics suggesting we don’t go into a recession - coupled with the massive job market report - they are all metrics in the health of the economy. Inflation is the one I am now watching to see if it falls.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Woohoo .... property taxes sky high

Dont think that one is tied to anything but the value of your home - have to be a big event to drive home prices down. This is Canada, right?

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

[quoted image]

You disagree? Why? I’m not claiming I know the answers, but the signs all seem to be there.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Are you a distributor, or do you just mean buying pins and then trying to resell them for more money than you paid?

Neither. Just as a simple collector and humble restorer, just the average person. I’ll have a few ready by then, I think.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from pokerag2:

No doubt the pinball market is softening. Games are hanging around longer a going for less.

Just summer or plus economy? This is my thinking - economy picks up, summer ends - better sellers market

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

“Soft landing”? I hope so, it would be a rare occurrence but these are different times.

These certainly are!

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Mix in an upcoming tax hike on the job creators

No such thing happening, and the job creators are the working public, who create the demand. The top are just leeches who add nothing.

Hard to see a hiring freeze in the middle of something such worker demand there currently is 1.8 jobs for every American right now.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from greenhoody:

You're dreaming man. Things are fucked despite whatever news channel you watch told you to think.

Sounds like projection. Which do you think isn’t fact?

We just added 528,000 jobs in July
    We are at record low unemployment
    Gas prices have been falling for the last 7 weeks
    It’s a workers market right now, with 1.8 jobs for each American?
    I mentioned inflation, which I cannot prove will drop, but since fuel prices were a contributing factor, it makes sense that it will start falling off.

I think we are going in the right direction on those markers. Gotta be positive.

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Not "paranoid" just a realist. In a few months take a look and see who was right on this!
    As far as government setting gas prices - they don't set them but they set up policies that manipulate them

We shall see - but this being a global issue, I see nothing any one government can do to change it in any significant way. We did release some reserves, but that didn’t do much. Gas prices are falling organically - just supply and demand.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Jobs jobs jobs! Ya i just took a third job. The numbers are climbing because people have to work multiple jobs to put food on the table. Get a clue.

Give me a source for that please. Nothing I’ve read indicates that.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

1 job puts food on the table. 2 jobs pays for kids education. 3 jobs puts pins in the game room

Ha! And sometimes, true!

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Seriously? U want my employers phone number? Get off ur high horse people are suffering and u wanna pretend its ponys and rainbows.

So you have no news source. One persons anecdotal evidence isn’t a news source. If you are going to make a point, back it up with evidence. People have suffered - they lost jobs and loved ones due to COVID, Russias invasion hasn’t helped gas and supply issues either, it’s put us in a weird spot. But the indicators are going in the right direction. Being positive isn’t ignoring where we are. No has said anything about ponies and rainbows - but that could be the next pin after TS4…

#47 1 year ago

My mistake, Farfalla already did one

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/farfalla

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MtnFrost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fall-shaping-up-for-good-pin-sales?tu=MtnFrost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.