(Topic ID: 320010)

Fall shaping up for good pin sales

By MtnFrost

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5rg06b0c38y31 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Seriously? U want my employers phone number? Get off ur high horse people are suffering and u wanna pretend its ponys and rainbows.

Your anecdotal experience doesn't make a statistic or trend, as you asserted earlier

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I rarely ever post in these pricing threads. My 2 cents. I've been buying and selling games on a small scale for 22 years, total over 75. Usually buy projects and fix and shop them. I make a few bucks and learn on the way. I have never lost money on a pin. Some stayed for 15 years, others just one. Pinball machines are a different category than food, fuel, rent, mortgage, school costs etc. When someone wants a title and has the cash, game sells. While the overall economy might affect some sales, an older pinball someone played in their youth and they have the cash, game sold.
    I am not in the newer market, so newer Stern's etc, I don't know nor care. But I bet the market for Bally and Stern SS games, WPC games and parts will remain strong.

My exact business model for around 12 years just on a larger scale. I basically got out of the hobby after about 12 years and 600+ machines passing through my hands. I never tried to make a killing on anything - just cover my fuel & time and make "lunch money" most of the time. But I have been a "wheeler-dealer" since I was a kid. Never trying to take advantage of anyone but always looking for a "win-win-win" situation by buying right and helping sellers out - selling at fair prices - and making a few dollars for my time & effort.

I know I will not be doing that with machines in the future due to my age but I think 2023 & 2024 might present great buying opportunities again. I doubt it will be anything like 2008 but I think there will be some great deals in the not too distant future. So my advice is to "hoard" some buying money and wait and see what happens in a few months.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fall-shaping-up-for-good-pin-sales/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.