(Topic ID: 127473)

Fake pinball machine: Worth anything?

By Shenanigander

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

037.jpg
    ufo.png
    download (2).jpg
    058.JPG
    056.JPG
    053.JPG
    052.JPG
    051.JPG
    050.JPG
    049.JPG
    048.JPG
    047.JPG
    046.JPG
    045.JPG
    044.JPG
    043.JPG
    There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 8 years ago
    Quoted from ClassicArcades:

I wonder how hard it would be to incorporate the vfd display tube into the old plasma 6 and 7 digit games? at $6 for 6 digit game, you would have the same plasma look instead of a $60 glass from vishay. I am going to do some research on the pinouts and see if it is feasable to make a replacement board with 6 or 7 tube sockets for displays.. anyone else tried to go down this road
    Jeff
    Classic Arcades Inc.

The Allied Leisure TTL pins like Dynomite and TNT would be ideal. They use the same 7447 chips as digit drivers and also used an unobtanium 5 digit plasma tube.

#102 8 years ago

Unobtainium they are not. At least not according to eBay.

#103 8 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Unobtainium they are not. At least not according to eBay.

link?

#104 8 years ago

Already posted one in this thread. Pg1 I think.

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from balzofsteel:

A couple drops of rubbing alcohol on a pot can do a fairly decent job as contact cleaner.
    I haven't used a scope in decades, and Super Flipper doesn't have spark plugs to connect it to. A lab scope might work but I have no clue what I'd be looking at. Nevermind the scope for now.
    The HP 10529A was designed for quick dognosing of TTL circuitry and holy cow does it ever.
    I'll save me a mess of typing and just link this for now: http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=150713
    Cheers.

Thanks for the link. What a mess. Sounds like this is beyond my expertise. I might try to clean some pots and see where that gets me at least.

1 week later
    #106 8 years ago

Well I have not tried anything yet but I have 4 more machines than I have space for so I am going to have to pass this guy on. Anyone interested in this?

#107 8 years ago

Would love to have it...and I have all the tools to fix it....are you driving to nc anytime soon

#108 8 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Would love to have it...and I have all the tools to fix it....are you driving to nc anytime soon

come and visit Canada

#109 8 years ago
    Quoted from Shenanigander:

come and visit Canada

I spent 6 months in Alberta a few years ago...in the dead of winter. I'm good for awhile

#110 8 years ago

oh!!! IM not even that Canadian

#111 8 years ago

if it's shopped, i'd pay 125, otherwise $50 if it needs new rubber.

I guess virtual pins have come a long way since this.

#112 8 years ago

I fixed one of these a few years ago. My friend has 2 of them. I'm sure the other will end up here when i have room again.

As far as i can remember, it was a royal pain in the butt to get it going. About all i remember is that you can adjust the end position and distance of the flipper lines from pots on the board. And (if i remember right) the flippers were controlled by a photosensor with a 44 style bulb and a shutter that allowed light through as you pushed the buttons in. If your bulb burns out, your flipper quits.

I think the chimes played a little tune when you start a game and just a single dong when you add a credit.

#113 8 years ago

I will be watching this thread evolve...

cant wait to see who ends up with this thing

#114 8 years ago

well lets just hope it ends up out of my basement soon as I have 3 more pins down there than comfy space

#115 8 years ago

Some progress...

2 years later
    #116 6 years ago

Any one ever seen the clone pin to this UFO?

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fake-pinball-machine-worth-anything/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.