Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jlm33
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lol.gif
    working in shifts.gif
    20180516_111635 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

I think we all know exactly whom this loser is that has gone creepy stalker level to this stage.
    I just wanted to let the community to know that this is not me since he has made the profile and tried to friend every pinhead and join every pinball related Fbook group.

https://www.facebook.com/hilton.mcdingle.1

Please take note.

I also recently found out that this same individual has stalked me to the level of calling some colleagues in my industry in an attempt to disparage me/ get me fired. They fortunately brought it directly to my attention and it coincided with the creation of the fake Fbook account.

I figured it was important for the community to know the levels that this person is going to in order to harass and stalk.

#3 5 years ago

boring to you is fine, but still think it is important to let the community know the levels this person is going to to harass.

#4 5 years ago

This is a reason why i’ve been working on trying to take a less controversial and less confrontational approach on the internet. You’re less likely to attract crazies..

#5 5 years ago

Holy crap. Way above my head but maybe get law enforcement involved before this goes any further. Imagine it goes as far as your credit. Do something now,don't ignore or procrastinate about this.
    -Mike

#6 5 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #7 5 years ago

Violence is never the answer, but sometimes it is.

#8 5 years ago

I'd report it to both Facebook and the police. In many states, it's a misdemeanor carrying a $1,000 fine. If there's intent to harm a reputation, which in most cases there is, there's even further recourse. Basically whoever is actively impersonating you and treating it as an active profile has royally screwed up.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Holy crap. Way above my head but maybe get law enforcement involved before this goes any further. Imagine it goes as far as your credit. Do something now,don't ignore or procrastinate about this.
    -Mike

Can law enforcement do anything about this? I am not sure it is against the law to impersonate via Fbook? I have had multiple friends that have brought this to my attention flag to Fbook and seems Fbook does not do anything.

Unfortunately the calls were from a blocked number so not sure how to deal with that also.

If anyone has experience with this and info, then please PM me. It would be appreciated.

#10 5 years ago

I would appreciate it people would flag and block this Fbook account from groups they are involved with also.

If he has friended you, then I suppose saving things he post would be appreciated also just to have a record of it.

#11 5 years ago

Just report it to FB and block the profile. Nothing more you can do unless they are threatening you or someone else. There's no law against Catphishing.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Violence is never the answer, but sometimes it is.

I trust my government and they say violence is always the answer

#13 5 years ago

Not cool. Especially trying to mess with your job.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Not cool. Especially trying to mess with your job.

agreed. Continual obsession with me for attention and podcast clicks is one thing. Making a fake Fbook account attempting to impersonate me and making calls to try and mess with my livelyhood have taken it multiple steps too far.

#15 5 years ago

Hilton. You yourself have a fake Facebook account and I assume it is because you wish to hide from your Pinside antics.

Personaly I have no problem in people knowing who I am on the internet and I act the same in person.

My personal take on the Hilton McDingle profile is as a joke and harmless much like the Hilton Hoodie.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Hilton. You yourself have a fake Facebook account and I assume it is because you wish to hide from your Pinside antics.
    Personaly I have no problem in people knowing who I am on the internet and I act the same in person.
    My personal take on the Hilton McDingle profile is as a joke and harmless much like the Hilton Hoodie.

I dont have a fake Fbook account. Not sure where you get that idea?

Sorry but it is not a joke when someone unwillingly uses your photos, sets up and online profile to attempt to look like you, impersonates you with possible/likely negative impacts, and on top of this calls your work colleagues to try and mess with your normal 9-5.
    I know you may not like me or agree with many of my opinions, but I think you are off base if this is just a joke to you.

#17 5 years ago

So I don't know you or this "loser" but I do think there's two sides to every story with elements of truth to each. Loser claims that you have a Facebook profile with a fake name. If you're complaining about his Facebook behavior, you do know that if it's true you have a fake name that that is also against their rules?

https://m.facebook.com/help/112146705538576?helpref=faq_content

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

You yourself have a fake Facebook account and I assume it is because you wish to hide from your Pinside antics.

I realized why you think I have an alias on Fbook... nice assumption Kim... but you are wrong.

Michael It is my middle name, and the name I grew up with my whole life. Miguel is what friends from age 0-18 called me by, and most importantly the nickname my Father gave me. Family name thing is you take your first name once you leave the house/ at 18. 17 generations now dude.

I signed up for facebook years before being on Pinside and have nothing to hide with my handle here.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

So I don't know you or this "loser" but I do think there's two sides to every story with elements of truth to each. Loser claims that you have a Facebook profile with a fake name. If you're complaining about his Facebook behavior, you do know that if it's true you have a fake name that that is also against their rules?

my fbook account is real and my real name. Tell the loser he is wrong when you talk to him next.

"Nicknames can be used as a first or middle name if they're a variation of your authentic name"

There is not a second side to this story. The creeper/stalker has set up a Fbook account impersonating me and has called to try and messed with my job. It is pretty clear that this is not even remotely appropriate behavior.

#20 5 years ago

What is the backstory why this guy is trying to be your doppleganger, damn!

#21 5 years ago

Is the same Hilton that got people to stay in on their Alien and Predator games???

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is the same Hilton that got people to stay in on their Alien and Predator games???

so my opinions on those games make it OK for someone to impersonate me online, harass me, and call my work? Just wanted to clarify if that is what you are saying?

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Can law enforcement do anything about this? I am not sure it is against the law to impersonate via Fbook? I have had multiple friends that have brought this to my attention flag to Fbook and seems Fbook does not do anything.
    Unfortunately the calls were from a blocked number so not sure how to deal with that also.
    If anyone has experience with this and info, then please PM me. It would be appreciated.

Would your cell provider be able to id the number regardless if it was unknown to you (blocked)?

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

my fbook account is real and my real name. Tell the loser he is wrong when you talk to him next.
    "Nicknames can be used as a first or middle name if they're a variation of your authentic name"
    There is not a second side to this story. The creeper/stalker has set up a Fbook account impersonating me and has called to try and messed with my job. It is pretty clear that this is not even remotely appropriate behavior.

Again, don't know the guy. You asked for people's opinions regarding this situation and I'm giving my uninformed one.

If you were to actually read the link I posted, you would see that you are indeed in violation of Facebook's policies as well with your Facebook name as the nickname Miguel likely does not appear on official acceptable documentation

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Would your cell provider be able to id the number regardless if it was unknown to you (blocked)?

calls were made to other people (not my phone) so guessing that would take law involvement to try and get the source number of the caller?

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

so my opinions on those games make it OK for someone to impersonate me online, harass me, and call my work? Just wanted to clarify if that is what you are saying?

Wow...talk about putting words into my mouth.

I asked a simple question if you were that guy or not.

Since I seemed to have hit a nerve, I am assuming YOU ARE the guy that help people lose tens of thousands of dollars.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

If you were to actually read the link I posted, you would see that you are indeed in violation of Facebook's policies as well with your Facebook name as the nickname Miguel likely does not appear on official acceptable documentation

I read the link. It appears directly on their list.

"This name should also appear on an ID or document from our ID list."
    "Nicknames can be used as a first or middle name if they're a variation of your authentic name (like Bob instead of Robert)."

In case you did not realize, Miguel is Spanish for Michael.

My facebook profile is Miguel Jones, which is listed as acceptable as it is my middle name and they name many real life people (the ones form my childhood) know me by.

#28 5 years ago

Social media is best left to the millennials.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Social media is best left to the millennials.

Social media is best left.

#30 5 years ago

Hilton,

https://www.ic3.gov/media/2018/180201.aspx

Individuals who believe they may be a victim of an online scam (regardless of dollar amount) can file a complaint with the IC3 at www.ic3.gov.

In reporting online scams, be as descriptive as possible in the complaint form by providing:

Name of the subject and company.
    Email addresses and phone numbers used by the subject.
    Web sites used by the subject company.
    Account names and numbers and financial institutions that received any funds (e.g., wire transfers, prepaid card payments).
    Description of interaction with the subject.
    Although all of this information is not required to submit a complaint, it is helpful for the IC3 to have as much information about the scam as possible, to use in the course of investigating these incidents. Complainants are also encouraged to keep all original documentation, emails, faxes, and logs of fraudulent communications. To view previously released PSAs and scam alerts, visit the IC3 Press Room at www.ic3.gov/media/default.aspx.

Good luck.

Marcus

#31 5 years ago

I think you two were made for each other.

#32 5 years ago

I will pay $500 cash for pictures of the Russian's behind this sinister plot.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont have a fake Fbook account. Not sure where you get that idea?

Quoted from Whysnow:

I realized why you think I have an alias on Fbook... nice assumption Kim... but you are wrong.

Those two comments are follow by this:

Quoted from Whysnow:

My facebook profile is Miguel Jones, which is listed as acceptable as it is my middle name and they name many real life people (the ones form my childhood) know me by.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Michael It is my middle name, and the name I grew up with my whole life. Miguel is what friends from age 0-18 called me by, and most importantly the nickname my Father gave me. Family name thing is you take your first name once you leave the house/ at 18. 17 generations now dude.

Oh wow, how could I have not known all of that? My mistake. So is your real name Hilton? Who are you?

Quoted from Whysnow:

I know you may not like me or agree with many of my opinions,

This is what you don't understand about many of us here. It's not your opinions that upset people. We very often agree with you.
    It's your hype, your over the top exaggerations and the complete whoppers that you tell on Pinside. They embarrass us and make us feel uncomfortable even when we agree with you. This is one of many reason you have so many enemies on Pinside.

The most amazing thing is you seem to think that everyone believes your stories. People are a lot smarter than you think and they feel insulted by your behavior and your obvious agenda.
    And in my view, your good intentions actually hurt the companies or products that you so enthusiastically endorse.

I'm not saying any of this to be dickish, I'm only hoping to make you aware, which so far you have been a brick wall.

Back on topic.

Quoted from Whysnow:

and on top of this calls your work colleagues to try and mess with your normal 9-5.

Sorry but I don't believe this part of your story has really happened, his harassing you at work. You can read my reasons why I don't believe you above. (and that carries over no matter where you post on Pinside. Sorry, but it's true)

Look, I don’t blame you for being pissed about the fake FB profile. It was disrespectful and I would be angry also. But I would handle it on my own rather than bring it here to Pinside and cry about it. Especially when the person you are accusing is not on Pinside and unable to defend themself.

#34 5 years ago

All I know is I'm looking at $250 bleeding out to pay these goddamn IFPA fees at the New York City Pinball Championships this weekend. Fucking our entire budget!

Should have held this in Wisconsin.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

that that is also against their rules?

Like Facebook has "rules". They do whatever they damn please especially when it comes to your personal information.

#36 5 years ago

Please tell me that I am not the only person on Pinside that has no idea what the F@&K is going on here?

#37 5 years ago

Special k?

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Sorry but I don't believe this part of your story is really happening, his harassing you at work. You can read my reasons above.
    Look, I don’t blame you for being pissed about the fake FB profile. It was disrespectful and I would be angry also. But I would handle it on my own rather than bring here to Pinside and cry about it. Especially when the person you are accusing is not on Pinside and unable to defend themself.

If you think the creator of the fb profile is a well known pinball podcaster, then why not go on his show and ask him directly? Or even email him? Seems to me that being direct would save you a lot of time and frustration.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

Please tell me that I am not the only person on Pinside that has no idea what the F@&K is going on here?

Kaneda really doesn't like Whysnow and is trolling him. hard style.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Kaneda really doesn't like Whysnow and is trolling him. hard style.

WTF? How do grown men give a shit about this?

#41 5 years ago

You're still assuming it's him.. there are a lot of people that may find you annoying, or angry about your cheerleading of alien and/or predator.

He had someone from RPG call his work a year or so ago (per podcasts he made at the time) and tried to get him fired. He's also said multiple times that "messing with people's livelihood is not cool, this is just pinball".

so, just saying maybe there's some unknown jerk out there before you assume. is that person probably a fan of his podcast? sure.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

He had someone from RPG call his work a year or so ago (per podcasts he made at the time) and tried to get him fired. He's also said multiple times that "messing with people's livelihood is not cool, this is just pinball".

He also seems to have multiple personalities and some vendetta issues.

It's not a coincidence that he gets banned from almost every public platform he goes on - pinball or otherwise.

#43 5 years ago

well, i was here when he was posting here and always found him less annoying than a lot of others.. pot stirrer for sure but never bothered putting him on ignore as I have others.

Maybe he's super duplicitous behind the scenes? dunno.. i'm not privy to that

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Oh wow, how could I have not known all of that? My mistake. So is you real name Hilton? Who are you?

Yes, That is my real first name. I have explained it; family tradition. Every male in my family goes by their middle name when growing up. They leave the house and go by their first name.

Quoted from Mr68:

This is what you don't understand about many of us here.

I fully understand it and while I get that you think continually beating me over the head and insulting me to change is going to work for you, it wont. I am comfortable with both who and I am how I am perceived by some on here. (not saying I dont take your feedback, just saying your delivery is gone beyond attempting to try and help and often comes across as both condescending and judgmental; assuming you genuinely are trying to be constructive)

Quoted from Mr68:

Sorry but I don't believe this part of your story

I would not expect you to believe anything I told you. Reality is that it is true.

Quoted from Mr68:

But I would handle it on my own rather than bring here to Pinside and cry about it.

Far from crying about it (see this is a good example of how your attempts to provide feedback and say you are trying to not be dickish come off as the opposite) and rather just figured it was good to publicly let it be known that is not me since he has already friended and joined lots of online groups with the impersonator account. I also figured it was worthwhile to bring it to the attention of the larger community so they know his true character.

You and I have come to the same assumption of who the impersonator is and I think anyone looking at the fake account would come to the same conclusion. It is either Chris or someone trying to make it seem like Chris. I think we both know the reality, but since you are friends with him if you dont think this acceptable then I would appreciate you bringing it up with him. If you want to hold me accountable then I dont think it is too much to ask for in return.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

on top of this calls your work colleagues to try and mess with your normal 9-5.

You take the day off to handle this?

#46 5 years ago

What does this have to do with "All Pinball"?

Mods should send this to the basement and OP should deal with this himself.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

I will pay $500 cash for pictures of the Russian's behind this sinister plot.

I'll pay $500 for video of the pee tape.

#48 5 years ago

You should also get your facts together before posting about it. Just spoke to Chris and he said he doesn't know what you're talking about. He doesn't even have any idea where you work....

#49 5 years ago

Seriously, now the FacePlant has sold all your friend's & family's phone numbers from your phone's contacts, so that even your grandmother who does not have a FB account is getting calls from telemarketers, how can any of you idiots still use it??????

#50 5 years ago

What exactly did someone say to your boss??

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fake-facebook-profile-impersonating-me?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.