6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MAJRob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So we had a Halloween Party tonight. 30 plus fifth graders and their parents. Kids glued to the pinball machines all night.

Tons of cool stuff happening all night that included:

Boys pairing up and playing split flipper against each other almost naturally. They had never seen pinball before and I never suggested they play that way.

Witnessed multiple convos:

While playing Tron with a friend (neither had played pinball before tonight) the boy is telling the girl, “okay so this is what you want to do. Shoot up the middle to these yellow targets. They will drop down and then keep hitting up here and the ball will go nuts and add more balls after you hit it a bunch.”

Multiple times I saw kids asking other kids if they wanted to play with them.

But the hit of the night was seeing how high they could score playing split flipper.

Pairs of kids boasting their high scores on each game. Pretty awesome.

So as the title says, there’s faith in these youngins yet.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Let's hope so. Get 'em off the vids and engage in something tangible that really challenges their
    eye/hand coordination.

Agreed. I didn’t encourage them at all. Now if they came back and played more and I explained to them that this can be just as competitive as their online vid games, I bet they will be hooked.

#6 6 years ago

Yeah my daughter does more of the “making sure they aren’t putting drinks on the games or leaving games unfinished” than playin with them. Haha. She just doesn’t have a competitive bone in her body so she gets bored quickly even when playing with others.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/faith-in-the-next-generation?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.