You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Disney ripoff (resized).jpeg
D5029E40-1E39-4160-957B-4915BD84556E (resized).jpeg
Grinch2 (resized).jpg
Grinch1 (resized).jpg
Oh-the-places-youll-boldly-go11-768x354[1] (resized).jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

I asked you to substantiate your claim that "China" was waiting to manufacture and sell old pinball machines. You failed to do so.

Quoted from phil-lee:

You are either kidding,naive or need further real-life experiences. Intellectual property is routinely stolen and sold, at least in the Specialty Chemicals Business.

I don't think we're even having the same conversation here.

You made an untrue claim that IP was the same as a liquid asset. They are vastly different. Feel free to make reasonable arguments otherwise.

One always needs more experience, and I certainly wouldn't be called as a subject matter expert on copyright law. However, I have sold and bought IP. I made money from my IP in my teens and have done so for many decades, thanks to copyright law. I've retained copyright lawyers. I think I know enough on the subject to speak about it.

Quoted from phil-lee:

Yes,and it is important to fight this and keep a lid on it,otherwise the substantial investments necessary to develop a Brand become fruitless in a Global Marketplace.

Again with the straw man argument.

Quoted from phil-lee:

Good,all profits can go to a Charity. Can I create a Parody of your work and sell it on t-shirts? I promise to alter it a little from the original.

You don't have to ask my permission to create parodies of my work, that's the beauty of copyright law. But since you asked, go for it. I won't stop you. If you try to sell my work or violate the license terms, I will sue you back to the stone age. Just sayin'

What are you talking about WRT charities?

#52 5 years ago

This is a really tough issue and I see both sides. There is homage and copy. A fake Rolex is a fake Rolex when the faker uses the logos and name. You can make the same exact looking watch and put your logo and it's a homage. It's legal, but still looked down on.

The real gray area is music. I have a real hard time when people try to claim drum beats for themselves when it is a fundamental.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

This is a really tough issue and I see both sides. There is homage and copy. A fake Rolex is a fake Rolex when the faker uses the logos and name. You can make the same exact looking watch and put your logo and it's a homage. It's legal, but still looked down on.
The real gray area is music. I have a real hard time when people try to claim drum beats for themselves when it is a fundamental.

Amen, brother. Love those funky drummers!

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fairuse-being-challenged-again/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.