4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by rbissett
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160215_125432_(resized).jpg
    image-8_(resized).jpg
    20160128_212424_(resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

We are happy to announce a new non-smoking pinball location with a new Thursday Night FSPA league in Fairfax, Virginia.

It was 3 years ago this month when we lost the John’s Place location after 10+ years of pinball in Fairfax.

We are Rolling Out this weekend with Six Excellent Pins and we will add a few more soon.
    The current lineup is The Walking Dead, AC/DC Pro, FishTales, The Sopranos, Bally Radical, and Metallica.

The RedZone Grill has offered to host our games and we will have a Thursday night league with Week Zero less than 2 weeks away.
    Week Zero will be January 28, and Week 1 will be during February 4, the Thursday before the Super Bowl.
    This Thursday, January 21, will be an informal practice night with a random bracket tournament. No WPPR points, prizes or entry fees. “Week (-1)” for the new league.

In addition to the Thursday night FSPA league, we will be putting on tournaments and we will have room to bring in extra games as needed for these events.
    For starters, we are planning a “Grand Opening” tournament for the weekend of February 27, the week after MagFest.
    Please come out and support location pinball in Fairfax and other FSPA locations!

We do not want to poach players from other leagues, but the reality is that some folks have been driving a long way to get to other locations, and other folks have declined to play because it is just too far.

As always, folks are encouraged to play in multiple leagues and we want new players to join ours.

The RedZone Grill is in the Mosby Building at 10560 Main Street in Fairfax.
    This is a non-smoking facility with plenty of free parking right out front. The food is good and the staff is very nice. Hope to see you there soon!

#2 4 years ago

Checked this place out today. *Tons* of room for pins, hope to see even more in there. First time playing Radical! in ~15 years, call outs still awesome. Thanks for putting these games out in public for people to play - much appreciated.

#3 4 years ago

Nice job Rich and co. !

#4 4 years ago

Can I assume the location has been requested to be added to pinballmap.com and we are just waiting on the approval by them?

#5 4 years ago

Yup, I requested it added on Friday, I believe.
    Although, I tried to have Zootie's added twice and ultimately had to message the Pinball Map admins to ask about it for it to get added, so the current DC admin doesn't seem to be on the ball these days.

1 week later
    #6 3 years ago

Wanted to post a quick update on Red Zone in Fairfax. We have added MonsterBash, 4millionBC and will be adding Harlem Globtrotters and Game of Thrones soon. We had over 30 players show up for FSPA week 0 last night so its good to see location pinball doing well in Fairfax!

Wick

20160128_212424_(resized).jpg

#7 3 years ago

Location & games have been updated on pinballmap. Looking forward to games #9 & 10...

Love 4 million BC !

image-8_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #8 3 years ago

HGT, Cleopatra and WhiteWater are now at RGZ and Game of Thrones will be on location this week(hopefully by Thursday!)

We are also having an ifpa tournament on 2/27 as well!

#9 3 years ago

GoT Definitely on location now !!! Only one for miles around !!

#10 3 years ago

It LIES.. no GoT today it seems

20160215_125432_(resized).jpg

#11 3 years ago

We played it in league on Thursday - are you saying they took it out already?

#12 3 years ago

No I am saying that despite the open sign the place was actually closed and by the way I was there Thursday also

#13 3 years ago

Just called the red zone grill. They are open now till 10 tonight. Must have been a wimpy snow closure. I may head over there now to play some GoT

#14 3 years ago

Ack. In for the night. Snow shoveling has caught up with me

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 103.00
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    PinBoss Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 32.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 234.99
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 219.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside