The real test of price on any pinball sale on CL nowadays is if you haven't sold it in a few days time your price is too high....period. The market speaks. If you have a brick and mortar store and can afford to have inventory sit waiting for that sucker, I mean special buyer, that just has to have that title and has no clue as to all the defects pointed out, then you can ask top dollar.
On the flipside, if you price it just right then your inbox will be full. Sure, even if you list it for $100 there will be those that offer you $50, but for the most part, if it is priced correctly then you're inbox will be full of requests.
The sad thing is, it seems everyone prices their items on CL based on:
- I saw one on ebay listed for $2K (sure you did, but did you see it sell for $2K?) Hint #1 - Check the completed sales to see what they are really selling for. Or better yet, check pinside or boston pinball or RGP for accurate pricing.
- I saw a pinball machine on ebay and it sold for $4K (sure you did, but did you notice it was a full restoration by HEP or TreasureCove?) Hint #2 - Be honest with the condition of your machine
- There were only 1500 of these made, so it's worth a premium because of its rarity (no in most cases. Sure there are the few like BBB where rarity combined with special circumstances of Capcom closing its doors. But most times rarity or scarcity is because the title sucked and distributors didn't buy them) Hint #3 - Ignore low production numbers
- It's old so it must be an antique and worth a premium (No...Pinball machines aren't museum pieces. We buy them to play them. Old just means less features and harder to find parts) Hint #4 - Age has little to do with price other than placing it in different eras of game play.
- It's shopped out so add to the price (no, we like to shop them ourselves and your shop job of wiping it with a rag sucks) Hint #5 - Unless it is a full on restoration and you know how to do one, leave it alone....Don't shop it. I'd probably be more interested in it if it is unshopped.
Just my 2c