(Topic ID: 331969)

Failing at shopping thread (pun intended)

By Ollulanus

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ollulanus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What will I forget or discover I need right after ordering from PBL/Marco/PBR this time?”

• A single odd screw 1 vote
      7%
    • Something I thought would look cool in purple 0 votes
    • Spotlights - all these games need more light! 0 votes
    • That thing I miscounted and actually need 5 of, not 4 9 votes
      60%
    • That one thing I never thought would break, that's going to as soon as I get the shipping notice. 2 votes
      13%
    • Oh crap, I meant to order blue, not green... 1 vote
      7%
    • Oh heck, I didn't even know you COULD still get those... 2 votes
      13%

(15 votes)

#1 1 year ago

EVERY time I order from PBL or Marco, I put off pulling the trigger because I know I'm forgetting something....then I finally push it through...then I immediately remember something....Margaret is justifiably sick of me emailing "Can you add this to my pending order?"....Then the order shows up and I realize something else I forgot.

Last time I actually ordered all the ITEMS I needed, but I f@#$'d up and only ordered one flipper button instead of two. Doesn't exactly solve my problem there
    So, make me feel better: what did YOU forget from your most recent order?

#2 1 year ago

Well,I'm a little older, and have already gone through this!! Now,I make sure I have everything I need before I order! You'll grow up with time

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,I'm a little older, and have already gone through this!! Now,I make sure I have everything I need before I order! You'll grow up with time

Ooh, salt in my wounds :p

I've at least started ordering extras of things. Eventually I'll have a PBL annex here and they can call when they run low on something, lol

#4 1 year ago

I placed a small order w PBL a couple weeks ago and got the wrong color flipper rubber. Spent another $13 to get 3 flipper rubbers replaced.

I've learned.to order multiples of most things though and have a nice supply built over the years now.

#5 1 year ago

Yep I’ve done this many times before.

#6 1 year ago

I have actually forgotten the initial or main item I’ve needed before. This usually happens when I’m trying to be savvy and shop for multiple games at once.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

I have actually forgotten the initial or main item I’ve needed before. This usually happens when I’m trying to be savvy and shop for multiple games at once.

It's great how you wait to buy that one thing until you can justify shipping, then start shopping and... SWEET JESUS this is getting expensive...

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Spent another $13 to get 3 flipper rubbers replaced.

I can top that.

On a Titan order 2022 when they had a sale late in the year. I needed a dozen red and a dozen black flipper rings. A friend wanted 3 green flipper rings. So I put them in my cart first. Then the others.

Through the whole process I never saw the color didn't change for any of them when I added them.

Yup, no red or black flipper rings. But got 27 green flipper rings. I didn't need green. So I gave them to my friend. Now he has a lifetime supply. Then when the sale was over I carefully ordered what I needed.

I usually make a list as I need or want to fill in parts. That way I don't forget something important. My trick now is when making an order to think of an odd ball thing I need to max out a gift card. And items I think I desperately need I'll add to the order.

This has gotten me a lifetime supply of clips and springs for the metal flap posts on MM, MMR, and Hobbit. I could have sworn I didn't have any and though I have never lost any, I thought I should have them on hand.

LTG : )

#9 1 year ago

I'm the opposite. I get on the site and order what I need, then proceed to browse for 45 more minutes spending a hundred or two more on parts I might need. Place my order only to discover a couple hours later I had the original part I needed because I bought it 8 months before thinking I may need it in the future.

#10 1 year ago

Seems like everytime I order I forget something, same deal, remember right after, D'oh. Last time I forgot to order orange bulb covers for starship troopers, then had to order a stepper motor and forgot again!
    I do make lists and always buy extra of everything just in case. My problem at Marco is that one of my good friends works there so I call him directly and we end up talking for too long and I forget things.
    You are not alone!
    B

#11 1 year ago

Well, I have a cart full at PBL for the Seawitch I'm restoring, about to pull the trigger and find out. At least I had the good sense to wait to order until I tore down the backside so I discovered things like one of the flipper Mechs is completely wrong, think it was pulled from an EM! Never had reason to order a new flipper mount bracket before! Now I'll have an extra of that too, lol

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/failing-at-shopping-thread-pun-intended and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.