9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pac-Fan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Does anyone make a fading/blinking bulb which only does Warm colors or Cold colors instead of the full spectrum? So it would rotate thru just Red-orange-yellow or just Blue-purple-green. I like having a fading bulb in the Palintir insert but the cold colors don't really match. There are other places such as behind explosions where that would give a cool effect too.
    I think a blue-light blue-cool white fade would look great in places too. And Green-light green would be good in POTD.

#2 9 years ago

Not that I know of.

I have inquired, and in the pure business sense, it is not cost effective...not enough demand.
    A home creation maybe?
    Grab 3 Flex heads, and assemble?

#3 9 years ago

Haha, I will call it the Tiamat. How would you since the fading?

#4 9 years ago

Depending on how the faders work (i.e. is there a chip in them that is connected to each of the 3 points of the SMD with a different color?) then you could hack out that part and connect it to 3 separate SMD's lighting up one of the 3 segments of each (to not overdrive the chip) and just pick the 3 colors you want. I've never taken apart a color changer to know how it's implemented but it should be easily hackable.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fading-led-bulbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.