You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

artline90red.jpg
Dreddlast.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Hello people.

I'm looking to buy a Judge Dredd, which is in overall great condition, except for one thing; The cabinet colors are quite faded. The backbox is all coloury however the lower cabinet with Dredd riding his bike is more yellow / blue, with his helmet being all yellowish and his gloves being all blueish, instead of the usual red/green colors.

Is there any way I can restore this? WOuld I have to buy new decals and sand the box down and smack those on? Or could it be airbrushed by a proffesional?

Any tips, tricks and information would be GREATLY appreciated!

Fred

#2 10 years ago

Honestly, I would put it between 2 other machines and not worry about it, but that's just me.

Maybe you can get a good price reduction because of the faded decals?

Best of luck, it's a fun machine!

Chris

#3 10 years ago

You might be able to find decals and apply them, but just the idea of that always seems liek way too much for me. I would do it if the game sits in the very middle of your living room and can be seen from all sides. Mine games are next to other games, or walls, so I couldn't care less.

#4 10 years ago

Well, Judge Dredd is just a machine that I really want, and want it to pop out, that's why I care. I don't have the economy to get a more expensive one. I get this for 1.500 dollars, and then I would want to shine it up if possible. I have an offer for one in same condition, without fade, but thats for 2450. :/

#5 10 years ago

I would get that one for $1500 in a heartbeat. Dredd doesn't have that much red to the side art in the first place. You're talking about a difference of almost $1000 due to faded sideart.

I don't think new side art for Dredd exists. The side art doesn't affect how it plays, though.

#6 10 years ago

I made my last JD look really good with Art line markers. You can get the results you are looking for. Good luck.

#7 10 years ago

I am most likely going to buy the 1500 one (That's rather cheap for imo, one of the very very best and underrated games), but I'd just really want the art to pop too! However since money is a limiting factor for someone in my position I was hoping for advices as to how to improve it as time goes, if its even possible.

I will give the art line markers a look, thanks Toaster.

Also, does anyone know how it would work to airbrush it?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I am most likely going to buy the 1500 one

That's the way to go. I understand wanting a very very nice machine, but literally you may never even see the side of it.

PLus a 1500 Dredd is a good deal.

#9 10 years ago

Evening bump!

#11 10 years ago

I'd love to hear a review of these decals if you ever buy them...

#12 10 years ago

I'm going to try and airbrush mine. Mask and spray. Than maybe put a mat-clear on it. Then if I f up the decals should be out

#13 10 years ago

If its a good deal for you and it's local buy it! Don't pass on it because of the cabinet. You never when another one will come around to buy.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I get this for 1.500 dollars,

That seems a little high. Offer him $1400.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I made my last JD look really good with Art line markers. You can get the results you are looking for. Good luck.

Care to share pics? I'm about to pic up a 90s Bally with fade on one side and don't want to go the decal route-not yet, anyway.

#16 10 years ago

I'm also very interested in pcitures Toaster!

#17 10 years ago

This is probably the best picture I have. If you were very close and looking at the art you could tell, but unless you tell someone what you did, they would never know IMO. Unless you were trying to pawn it off to a buyer as unfaded, lol.

Dreddlast.JPGDreddlast.JPG

This JD was faded completely and all over, no color except blue and white. I was not trying for perfection and actually had some fun restoring color. I did not have luck with Sharpies (I bought a million and they dry quickly and streak) I had to buy these on Amazon or Ebay and get shipped from overseas. I cannot stress how worth it they were. There very well may be some available locally that are just as good. Sharpies are not IMO.

artline90red.jpgartline90red.jpg

#18 10 years ago

Looks pretty sick in that picture, thats for sure!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 37.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/faded-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.