Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

016.jpg
009.jpg
011.jpg
007.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Price check 60% faded cabinet. Rest in good shape.

I'm thinking 1800?.

#2 11 years ago

working good I assume....$1200-1600 in my book...

#3 11 years ago

1600 good, 1400 faded.

#4 11 years ago

Wow. I guess im high.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Wow. I guess im high.

i think 1600-1800 is where it's at in that condition.

#6 11 years ago

$1400-1800. Higher end would be good playfield, everything working, some to limited fading on cab. Deduct from price for anything worse.

#7 11 years ago

Why does everyone make a big deal about faded cabinets? I just a faded vinyl/laminate/sticker for god's sake. You can get a whole new set of cabinet art from classic arcade or somewhere for $300-$400. So you all are telling me that a faded BSD is worthless b/c of $300-400 worth of cabinet art that is 100% replaceable. Its like that thread about a non-faded HUO BSD that everyone is says is worth $3k-10K ? Doesn't make sense. Use your head and the principles of Substitution. The cabinet on a post 1992 game is the last thing I be worrying about. I just saw an advertised non worknig BSD on Ebay go for like $1400 in a bidding war and I found out from the selling it was swollen from water damage and didn't work!!! I just sold mine, a very good condition, perfect playfield, new opto boards, only fade was around coin door and the right side "D" for $2400 which I thought was a fair market value. Its the System 11 gems with real paint via silk screen that should be worth a hell of alot more with original cabinet are in my opinion as that very hard to replicate, and the replacement laminate doesn't look right on it in my opinion.

#8 11 years ago

here you go $1800

007.jpg007.jpg 011.jpg011.jpg 009.jpg009.jpg 016.jpg016.jpg

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Why does everyone make a big deal about faded cabinets? I just a faded vinyl/laminate/sticker for god's sake. You can get a whole new set of cabinet art from classic arcade or somewhere for $300-$400. So you all are telling me that a faded BSD is worthless b/c of $300-400 worth of cabinet art that is 100% replaceable. Its like that thread about a non-faded HUO BSD that everyone is says is worth $3k-10K ? Doesn't make sense. Use your head and the principles of Substitution. The cabinet on a post 1992 game is the last thing I be worrying about. I just saw an advertised non worknig BSD on Ebay go for like $1400 in a bidding war and I found out from the selling it was swollen from water damage and didn't work!!! I just sold mine, a very good condition, perfect playfield, new opto boards, only fade was around coin door and the right side "D" for $2400 which I thought was a fair market value. Its the System 11 gems with real paint via silk screen that should be worth a hell of alot more with original cabinet are in my opinion as that very hard to replicate, and the replacement laminate doesn't look right on it in my opinion.

Sorry,i should have been clearer in my comment. I think there is a difference between faded and faded w/ a rough cabinet. In my mind, faded isn't a big deal, so if the red is gone from dracula, i would not really deduct much, if anything, unless it was standing next to a similar quality machine with a red dracula. However, if the faded cabinet also has gouges or rough spots and scratches, that to me makes a big difference as that I do not to want to see. This is particularly important when a seller is asking what i consider toward the top of the market, and which makes it harder for me to sell when I'm done with it. I'd actually pay a little more for faded with an otherwise near perfect cabinet.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Note that a lot of what people are giving is just their opinion as to what it should sell for and not actual selling or buying experience of a BSD.

As for the cab I understand where you are coming from but most people do not want to put in the time to decal a cab and bSD is notorious for faded
art and what is out there for decals is all black market so who knows if the quality is decent. People will certainly pay more for a mon faded cab.

As for the 1800 BSD posted in this thread you can see obvious insert edging and edging on Dracs face, this is more problematic to me than a faded cab.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 84.99
9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/faded-bsd-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.