Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kiss-1979.jpg
    kiss_left.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Wondering if anyone knows what the pinball factories used for the stencil, steel, brass,plastic ????

#2 11 years ago

Brass sheets.

#3 11 years ago

Cool, wasnt sure. Do you think there are any floating around out there?

#4 11 years ago

You can just make them by waterjet or laser cutting locally, assuming you had a ton of cabs to restore.

Otherwise, any sign shop can cut you the stencils on their vinyl cutting machine.

#5 11 years ago

I usually cut my own from vinyl or from poster board. Was really wanting some for a pin collection.

#6 11 years ago

Ah, I see.

There were some on ebay a few years ago, maybe put a WTB on Pinside and RGP and see what comes up.

#7 11 years ago

The KISS ones from Bally would be cool because they actually had to do a left and right version to keep Paul's eye star correct.

Normally they would just flip a single stencil

#8 11 years ago

I ran into that when I did my Kiss, I ordered the Classic Arcade ones, they are way too small and the faces are not far enough apart. So I made my own.
    I will do some digging.

#9 11 years ago

Will be interested to see if you turn any up, I asked here a few months ago and got no responses

#10 11 years ago

From the pictures of kiss cabinets, it looks like they just used the same stencil on both sides, no flipping.

#11 11 years ago

This looked like a mis-stencil to me.

For non KISS fans, look at Paul's star eye...

// Error: Image 64126 not found // kiss_left.JPGkiss_left.JPG kiss-1979.jpgkiss-1979.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/factory-stencils and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.