(Topic ID: 128773)

Segasa Faces, very pretty with just a light shop job!! Question to the EM guys..

By pinball_erie

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Faces Segasa-Sonic, 1976

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-845.jpg
image-497.jpg
image-951.jpg
image-805.jpg
image.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Picked this beauty up over the weekend, was pretty dirty. A quick novus2 wipedown and the playfield is already real shiny, even all the metal is polished looking. Absolutely love the hippie vibe this puts out.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Question: Pinside has Segasa as the manufacturer of this pin, but on the apron, manual, schematics, it says Sonic. What's the story with the different names?

#2 8 years ago

Segasa D.B.A. Sonic is the full name. I had a Super Straight...those playfields held up very well.

#3 8 years ago

Yeah, factory plasticoat rocks! I love my Super straight. would be nice if they used real wood for the cab though. Had to rebuild the bottom, and the bbox neck and support to make it solid again.

#4 8 years ago

This is first Sonic/Segasa, what an awesome playfield these have !! I wish they still made them like this.

#5 8 years ago

Thanks for posting the pics. That machine is cool

1 week later
#6 8 years ago

It amuses me to no end when they put two dummy score reels in to get six digit scoring.

Beautiful game by the way.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeNewberry:

It amuses me to no end when they put two dummy score reels in to get six digit scoring.

yeah i know.. some Bally / Williams games are the same...

I honestly cant remember if any of my Gottlieb EM's had them or not ...( scratching head)..

#8 8 years ago

Looks fun. That playfield layout reminds me of Xenon.

#9 8 years ago

I believe all the major manufacturers used dummy reels at some point, but they normally just had one. The Europeans often used two or even three fake zeros. They really missed their millions after they switched from backglass scoring to reels, I think.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/faces-very-pretty-with-just-a-light-shop-job and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.