3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jardine
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hey fellow Pinside Oz/NZ members.

A while back I noticed that there was no where to advertise your pinballs apart from the 2 main aussie forums that exist. For some, this can be daunting and full of politics and bullshit alike!

Then you have Gumtree with the scammers and eBay with the fees.

Well, I launched a Facebook page that allows another medium to sell. If you wish to join, we'd love to have you. Click on the link and come say hello.

We encourage discussion about all and anything pinball......and feel free to sell some stuff to!

Hope to see you there....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1497239890571190/

PS: My American friends are also more than welcome to join.

Cheers.

#2 3 years ago

Bump.

#3 3 years ago

Great idea, thanks for setting it up.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from BoP:

Great idea, thanks for setting it up.

Thanks for joining, provided you have, lol....feel free to spread the word. It's still very much in its infancy with limited sales but it will turn into an awesome page with everyone's help.

#5 3 years ago

Yes, joined. Thanks for adding me, I'll be sure to spread the word.

#6 3 years ago

Just checking that my side of the world saw this

#7 3 years ago

Don't forget us Aussie and Kiwi and US members...all are welcome!!

(last bump for a bit ;P)

#8 3 years ago

Have also joined. Yep - seen in Melbourne!

1 week later
    #9 3 years ago

Cheeky bump for those awake down under!

2 weeks later
    #10 3 years ago

Over 500 members and growing.

1 month later
    #11 3 years ago

Up to 700+ members now....hope all you Aussie guys have got in on this!

1 month later
    #12 3 years ago

Ten times more active participants than both local Australian forums combined.

Clearly there are a multitude of people out there in Aus who were wanting a viable local third choice not driven by either commercial self interests or ego.

Good work Jardine in taking the initiative.

1 week later
    #13 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

Ten times more active participants than both local Australian forums combined.
    Clearly there are a multitude of people out there in Aus who were wanting a viable local third choice not driven by either commercial self interests or ego.
    Good work Jardine in taking the initiative.

Sorry I missed this mate....but

Wow, kind words indeed.

Not sure how to respond but thank you, we are trying hard to ensure the group is a fun place to be and not driven by the above mentioned issues.

Look forward to more members joining from Aus as we as around the world...1100+ members and getting stronger!

Thanks for everyone's support

#14 3 years ago

Anytime, mate.

1000 plus active participating members in less than 5 months. The numbers speak for themselves.

In much the same way pinside has grown exponentially, it all comes down to impartial competent leadership with no underlying agendas.

Plus the bonus is we can finally show the global community that the pinball hobby in Australia actually does consist of more than just a couple dozen participants split between the two local forums.

I'm overseas at the moment, but when I get back and have some free time I'll make sure I sign up and recommend to anyone I deal with in pinball on a local level does the same.

There have been a lot of new entrants introduced to the pinball hobby over here in SA recently so it should see a noticeable boost to what is already impressive membership numbers.

Keep up the great effort.

#15 3 years ago

Thinking of signing up to Facebook just for this and other pinball related Facebook pages. Never used Facebook before, any tips for creating an account which doesn't compromise privacy, etc.?

#16 3 years ago

Outstanding! Have sent a join request.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Thinking of signing up to Facebook just for this and other pinball related Facebook pages. Never used Facebook before, any tips for creating an account which doesn't compromise privacy, etc.?

I all honesty mate I myself am not to worried about privacy when it comes to FBook. You can set you setting pretty high to ensure that others can't see what you're up to but those that have friend-ed you. It seems there really is no difference between the level of questions they ask you compared to hotmail or skype when setting up an account.

If you are worried, set up a dummy account for exactly this sort of thing?!? I'll still accept you because if you start spamming or posting un warranted posts we'll delete them and you.

I'm a pretty active admin so I don't miss much.

#18 3 years ago

No worries, got it sorted, thanks.

#19 3 years ago

I didn't see this post somehow, but I am on the page and seems to be working well so thanks for the contribution!

2 months later
    #20 3 years ago

Still growing and getting more and more members...a few from the US as well....feel free to join and share around guys.

4 weeks later
    #21 3 years ago

Bump for those that want another group to join!

5 months later
    #22 2 years ago

Just a little hello...after 6 months we are now well over 2500 members.

Heaps of content is happening as well as giveaways by some of the best guys in Australia! IMO Sales, info and general banter!

What are you waiting for......come join, my brethren

1 year later
    #23 1 year ago

I really want to hit 4000 members sooner than later so I'm giving a little nudge on this topic for new members, Australian's or otherwise, to come join us!!!

2 weeks later
    #24 1 year ago

Wow hasn't this grown by leaps and bounds over the last 2 years.

Saw a void in the Aussie pinball scene for a place for people to converse without Admin bias/commercial interests and filled it. And the numbers just keep growing.

Well done.

3 months later
    #25 1 year ago

Link didn't work for me?

#26 1 year ago

Just type in Pinball Oz Wide in the search bar of Facebook. It'll appear there.

Link again just in case:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 32.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 219.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.50
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 107.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside