Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s571VMI (resized).jpeg
    2018-09-11-image-34 (resized).jpg
    fb (resized).jpg
    b59192a2-6e3b-4daf-ba87-2642522bea05 (resized).jpg
    facebook_lifelog (resized).jpg
    fuck you zuckerjerk. (resized).jpg
    fuck you zuckerjerk (resized).jpg
    E6AB0FE6-6D09-4DFA-B8F0-CF4C88CCEA7A (resized).png
    FCBK_BN-REG_1385_600x_crop_center (resized).jpg
    3FEACD81-ABF8-437F-857C-8898435AB80B (resized).jpeg
    facebook2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20200115_140826 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I won't use it for many reasons. "If the product is free, then you are the product" is a big reason.

I got off several years ago, best. thing. ever.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I think what is more disturbing is what was the growing attitude that you were some strange person if you DON'T have a facebook account.

I carry a company issued smart phone, the Verizon store guy was astounded I didn't have a Google account.

How will you load apps? He asked.

I won't was the reply. And then I gutted the phone of all the pre-installed ones.

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pecos:

Years ago I wrote ‘10 Reasons Why I Avoid Social Networking Services.’
    https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-things/10-reasons-why-i-avoid-social-networking-services/
    I make an exception for Pinside because of my love for pinball and my desire to pass on what I have learned about restoring old pins. Pinside is one of the ‘good’ social networking sites.
    These days, not only do I not use Facebook for the ten reasons listed in the linked article above, but I really dislike just trying to read Facebook. It seems you are bombarded with annoying pop-ups trying to get you to you ‘Log In’ or ‘Create New Account.’ So far I have avoided joining their happy little family, but there are always those nagging messages - “Pecos, join the dark side.”

I'll just leave this right here.

Coincidence or not I'll leave for you to decide.

facebook_lifelog (resized).jpgfacebook_lifelog (resized).jpg
    #126 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Your car is most likely feeding GPS information back to the manufacturer.

Generally not but they can.

I can just speak for what I know about Chrysler, there is a device that tracks your GPS location while driving and store the information in a module in the event of a crash. It can be read if the modules are pulled and sent back to Chrysler with the proper paperwork by authorities. It is strictly a receiver not a transmitting device.

GM is different with On-Star, lots of data sharing there I'm told. One of the interesting nuggets was what you are listening to on the entertainment system is relayed back for marketing purposes.

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

It's all about situations and opportunity. If an old flame decides to "friend" someone on FB that is in a rocky relationship, it can be a slippery slope. It makes cheating easier for someone that might not normally be inclined to do so then if they had to actually go out to meet someone new. It ups the level of temptation and I don't think there's any question about it (IMO).

Buddy of mine indicates in his divorce Facebook was a large factor, his wife spent more time on FB than with her family.

Its like a drug and some people are more prone to abuse than others.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/facebook-do-you-love-it-or-hate-it?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.