Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s571VMI (resized).jpeg
    2018-09-11-image-34 (resized).jpg
    fb (resized).jpg
    b59192a2-6e3b-4daf-ba87-2642522bea05 (resized).jpg
    facebook_lifelog (resized).jpg
    fuck you zuckerjerk. (resized).jpg
    fuck you zuckerjerk (resized).jpg
    E6AB0FE6-6D09-4DFA-B8F0-CF4C88CCEA7A (resized).png
    FCBK_BN-REG_1385_600x_crop_center (resized).jpg
    3FEACD81-ABF8-437F-857C-8898435AB80B (resized).jpeg
    facebook2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20200115_140826 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I cannot stand Facebook. I feel like the world is passing me by because it seems like everything is moving to Facebook. My girlfriend was recently enquiring about doing some volunteer work at the local Humane Society/animal shelter. She was told to go fill out some information on a Facebook page. That ended her thoughts about volunteering.
    I have had several retail service people send me emails asking me to give them a good recommendation for a service they performed for me. And then they link me to their FB crap. So, they do not get any recommendation from me.
    None of my family that is still living send an email to communicate about something. Instead, they want to "friend" me so I can read them prattling on about how " I just put some cookies in the oven to bake. They should be ready in 20 minutes". And 25 minutes later they post, " I took the cookies from the oven and let them cool. They sure are good." Sorry, folks. That is not a conversation.
    I don't have time for that stuff.
    Am I alone in my dislike for FB?

FB is A LOT like pinside. You subscribe to the things you like, and ignore the things you don't. You make what you want out of it. If you have "friends" that annoy the hell out of you, don't follow their feeds. Goes for family also. FB can be a good source of happenings in the pinball world. There are people that use FB, but not Pinside, and obviously, vice versa, and of course, both. Just like Pinside, if you don't like the content, then "drain" it and you won't see it again.

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Does Pinside collect every bit of your personal data and sell it to anyone who will buy it? Asking for a friend

Let's be real, anything you post online is accessible by anyone at any given point. Facebook just does it in plain sight. If you've been online, you've been "compromised." Best way to stay private is to stay off "the grid," but then again, we can't all be at the same place complaining about the same thing, right?

#138 4 years ago

All I can say is that I've bought and sold a few machines via Facebook. For that alone, it's worth it

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/facebook-do-you-love-it-or-hate-it?tu=fatpanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.