Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FathomPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

As much as I love PM though, I do not believe this is an "A list game"

Wow this thing is pristine, how does he do it? Is this making a silk purse out of a pig's ear, or do these machines start out pretty clean in the first place?

BTW, I just tweaked a Pinball Magic to working order, one that had been on route. I find it to be a better player than I thought, hearing beforehand that it was linear; I had my doubts (but I haven't spent much time on it yet, I hear progressing through the modes gets too easy?). I noticed a comment about the Captive Ball causing trouble for the casual player's progress through the linear modes and I found that to be the case, so I added a little randomness to the Captive Ball shot by adding a temporary parallel Captive Ball switch at the unused rubber next to Morph targets (it doesn't see much action, but I'm thinking it may double the number of Captive Ball hits during a game, we'll see). I'm not going to tell the family about it and see how it does (I suspect I'll add an on/off switch to it to use only when novice players are going to play it). I think the Captive Ball adds much additional joy; lights the spinner, gives an extra ball and can advance a mode; Is this wrong?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,100 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FathomPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fa-nice-pinball-magic-no-reserve?tu=FathomPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.