(Topic ID: 111574)

FA: My Fully Restored Taxi 1$ No reserve ends tonight.

By Whridlsoncestood

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sp_tree_fiddy.jpg
MuthaF.....jpg
can_flag.jpg
jimmys_taxi.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whridlsoncestood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Time to finally let it go and move into other projects. Most of you saw the restoration on here or at Allentown. It will be greatly missed.

ebay.com link: Fully Restored Williams Taxi Pinball Machine

Never can figure out where to price something like this so the best way I think is to let the market tell me what its worth. 1$ No reserve auction. Everyone who asked me about buying it now is your chance

All the info about it is in the ebay ad. Feel free to let me know if anyone needs to come see it.

Here is the restoration thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-years-restore-for-allentow-taxi

-Jim

#7 9 years ago

Thanks guys. Would be awesome if you got it back Rob. Hope to see you soon.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Jim,
We are not worthy.As I restore two of these I know exactly where the bottom line should be. Best of luck .

I started calculating that "bottom line" and quickly stopped when I reached a certain point. Never mind labor. I stopped keeping track of that with high speed. That had a playfield I had to redo before CPR made them and I had over 140 hours into it. Never could factor that into the cost! I'd be thrilled to hit that bottom line. I just love doing these. Can't help myself.

#10 9 years ago

Well one of your irons in the fire is in my hands righ now craig and you can't buy all my restoresLooking to get the playfield prepped for clear over the holidays. Taking a break from the cabinet right now.

-Jim

#13 9 years ago

Ok so talking with a few friends and they are trying to figure out where this auctioion ends. How about we have some fun with this and turn this into a contest.

Closest person to the ending price next thursday gets a 10$ gift card to titan pinball. One guess per person per household. No price is right rules. May not be legal in all 50 states. Canada stay home ;D

Post your guesses here

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Marvelous looking machine there. Good luck with your auction!

Thank you.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Thinking in the $4k - $4.5k range.

That's cheating. You need to list an exact price

-Jim

#58 9 years ago

Cpr playfield. First time I've done a cpr playfield. Always restored in past but this one wasn't salvageable.

#59 9 years ago

My high speed sold for much more than that originally Mof. Taxi hsnt hit that number yet. Curious to see what happens.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that playfield was toasted. It would have cost a fortune to have that one restored.

I restore them so cost wasn't the issue. Time. Highspeed I had 140 hours into the thing. This one was worse. With cpr ones out it didnt make sense to spend the time.

Quoted from mollyspub:

How happy are you with the cpr playfield in general ?Any problems? Wanted to know as I'm on the cpr list for a totan playfield. Also....I like the prince and the revolution pic in the background!

Happy for the most part. Some dimpling was missing or slightly off. Nothing that couldn't be dealt with easy enough. The one issue I had was the shooter lane wasn't deep and long enough. Much shorter than stock. Ball wasn't staying centered in the shooter lane long enough to smoothly transition the the wireform. It was coming out before it. Took me forever to realize that. Once I looked at the old one and saw it was much longer I knew I had to strip the playfield again and sand the lane deeper and re clear it with auto clear. Didn't enjoy that part. Other than that it's beautiful and glad they made them and all the other playfields. I'm sure TotAn will be beatiful.

#78 9 years ago

I suppose I can let our neighbors to the north in.....

#90 9 years ago

Since several people have been asking me in messages about shipping I figured I would post it here. I did write it in the auction. Shipping is available as an option but it's all the buyers responsibility to set up arrange and pay for shipping and I'm not liable for anything that happens to the game. I would prefer pickup but know that's not always possible.

-Jim

#118 9 years ago

Also since Pinside has helped me sell this I will donate 1% of the auction to the site

#122 9 years ago

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I hope some of the higher guess ar right but I think everyone who wanted in jumped in day 1

#124 9 years ago

Not sweating it at all. Happy to find the TRUE market value for this game. Sky pilot will know exactly where to price his for a quick sale after!

#137 9 years ago

Thanks guys. Just like I felt. No last minute sniping. Now I need to figure out what I'm suppose to do. Never sold a game on ebay before. I hope the sale goes smooth.

I think your right MOF. Wait until after the first 24 hours to start taking guesses and stop it the night before maybe. Thanks for digging up the scores but it looks like its a tie between EEE and Hudson.....

#138 9 years ago

EEE and Hudson. Pick a number between 1 and 12. Closest to my birth month wins.

#157 9 years ago

Well things got a bit screwy with the ebay auction winner but the new owner is on Pinside and should have the game next week. If he wants to name himself i will let him do that. Very easy transaction so far with him.

Hudson you have until 5 est to name a number between 1-12 or your forfeight and eee wins. He nailed it early on!

#162 9 years ago

I just chose pick only for that option. Otherwise it wants me to set a freight price. Which I was not doing. Ebay added the free part to pick up as there stock option

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 109.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whridlsoncestood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fa-my-fully-restored-taxi-1-no-reserve?tu=whridlsoncestood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.