Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Nemesis
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Final day of a No Reserve auction for a great game.

Home Use Only with receipt. Comes with Pinovators Headphone Upgrade. New JVC Headphones. Real Animated TOPPS topper. Stewie Playfield Upgraded Graphics.

Great Fun Entertaining Game.

You'll Love it!!!!

Thanks for looking...

ebay.com link: itm

#2 11 years ago

Really interested to see where this game ends. Love no reserve auctions. Thanks for the reminder; I sure miss my FGY.

#3 11 years ago

Best call outs in pinball history!

#4 11 years ago

Awesome game and this one is minty mint

#5 11 years ago

Just asking, why didnt you put up for sale here first?

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

He probably didn't want to deal with all of the tire kickers.

#7 11 years ago

It's really jumped dramatically in the last 6 days.

#8 11 years ago

Awesome game and this one looks perfect. Hilarious call outs.

#9 11 years ago

At $4,850 now. Best guess at what the final will be?

#10 11 years ago

$17,500

#11 11 years ago

By Christmas!

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

At $4,850 now. Best guess at what the final will be?

5200 give or take a 100, there will be a little flurry at the end. Really hope I win the showcase showdown if I get this right.

#13 11 years ago

Ok...I'll take $5,300-5,400...

#14 11 years ago

Good luck to everyone bidding on it. Sure is a nice looking machine. I hope a pinsider gets it.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good luck to everyone bidding on it. Sure is a nice looking machine. I hope a pinsider gets it.

I would have hoped a pinsider would have gotten it by buying it on here, not bidding it up. But whatever.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I would have hoped a pinsider would have gotten it by buying it on here, not bidding it up. But whatever.

Agreed. That said, a no reserve auction does help give a gauge for future sells, so it is nice to see them happen from time to time (so long as no shill bidding is involved).

I think this game would sell for a bit more than whatever its final price is going to be IF it wasn't ending on Easter . . . I think that hurts the seller because some of the EBay buyers that bid at the last minute may chose a meal with their family over waiting for the last two minutes to enter their bids. (I guess they have those other features now in bidding that lets them enter the bid without being there, I'm just not familiar with them.)

#17 11 years ago

Wait until eBay gets its cut lol

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from chas010:

Wait until eBay gets its cut lol

And Paypal....its a shame how much they take from the final hammer price, then nail you again when the bidder pays.

#19 11 years ago

Shameless

#20 11 years ago

If it did sell for $5200 what would be the final take home after fees?

#21 11 years ago

about 4800 think

#22 11 years ago

Did you have to start a second thread for the same auction? You should have just bumped your old one.

#23 11 years ago

Cap at 250 on seller fees I believe. Then you have 2.9% paypal fee.

#24 11 years ago

The real shame is that the seller has now started 2 treads to pimp his auction here, yet has not donated to the site and apparently has no problem paying fees to both ebay and paypal.

The least you could do it donate to pinside for their advertisement services.

Looking at the bid history from 4000 on should be enough to scare off anyone actually paying attention. Appears to me a few friends have helped this auction along. If not, then you got lucky with some really dumb bidders.

I hope all pinsiders stop bidding now. Game was never offered here, yet you are more than comfortable pimping your auction here

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The real shame is that the seller has now started 2 treads to pimp his auction here, yet has not donated to the site and apparently has no problem paying fees to both ebay and paypal.
Looking at the bid history from 4000 on should be enough to scare off anyone actually paying attention. Appears to me a few friends have helped this auction along. If not, then you got lucky with some really dumb bidders.
I hope all pinsiders stop bidding now. Game was never offered here, yet you are more than comfortable pimping your auction here

Is donating to Pinside mandatory? Or is it mandatory only if you use the site to advertise a product or service for sale? Or, should there be a fee/donation if someone starts a second thread to advertise something they advertised previously?

#26 11 years ago

Toaster: I agree with you and I think he is breaking the rules by posting the same game for sale twice. However, not donating to Pinside is a personal choice. It appears by his history he's just here to take advantage of the sellers market so I think you're right about that, but I don't think it's right to chastise someone for not donating.

When I donate, Pinside is not at the top of my list of organizations.

Quoted from MrBally:

Is donationg to Pinside mandatory? Or is it mandatory only if you use the site to advertise a product or service for sale? Or, should there be a fee/donation if someone starts a second thread to advertise something they advertised previously?

Quoted from Whysnow:

I do think he broke the rules here. If everyone did this, this site would be a mess.

Quoted from MrBally:

Or, should there be a fee/donation if someone starts a second thread to advertise something they advertised previously?

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Appears to me a few friends have helped this auction along.

thanks, dick.

I bid 4500 'casue that's what I was willing to pay. It's a nice machine with extras. No scamming going on here.

#28 11 years ago

I assure all those that are interested or participating in the auction that it is a 100% up front auction!

I started the auction at 100.00 no reserve. I always sell items as TRUE auctions. There is NO shilling on my part I'm simply a private individual that enjoys pinball and sells one occasionally to get something new. In my opinion auctions are the best way to sell. The market sets the price and no hassles for either party involved its clean its simple.

I apologize for not following standard etiquette by creating an new thread stating the final day of the auction my intention was not to offend but to inform.

Yes I want to expose my sale to as many potential buyers as possible (who wouldn't) but by the same token those looking for this game benefit by my posting its availability, making it a mutual benefit and contribution to the hobby.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

thanks, dick.
I bid 4500 'casue that's what I was willing to pay. It's a nice machine with extras. No scamming going on here.

maybe 'dumb bidders' was too harsh. I should have more appropriately said 'bidders that do not understand that the best way to bid on anything on ebay is to wait to the last minute / use a sniper program.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

I assure all those that are interested or participating in the auction that it is a 100% up front auction!

Anyone that is watching and knows what shilling looks like should be suspect of this auction. Might be dumb luck, but anytime I see a few low number bidders coming in towards the end of any 'auction' and bumping the price up by bidding back and forth in a short amount of time >> I steer clear. I have seen people have friends do this all the time. Ebay does not police it because it is best for their bottom dollar if items sell for as much as possible.

Quoted from Pintopia:

Yes I want to expose my sale to as many potential buyers as possible (who wouldn't) but by the same token those looking for this game benefit by my posting its availability, making it a mutual benefit and contribution to the hobby.

Actually more exposure is not a mutual benefit, it is a selfish benefit. More exposure, means more for your bottom line.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

maybe 'dumb bidders' was too harsh. I should have more appropriately said 'bidders that do not understand that the best way to bid on anything on ebay is to wait to the last minute / use a sniper program.

I've noticed that some auctions on pins tend to stall even when they get high $ early. Maybe the higher number scares people off? I don't know. It has happened to me where a pin has reached its high only 2 days into a 7 day auction.

#32 11 years ago

Listen up "Whysnow" I don't appreciate unfounded slander directed toward me. If you would take the time to review my feedback on eBay you would quickly notice that I'm a long time legitimate seller. I've been a long time pinball collector starting in 2000 and have contributed for many years on RGP.

Don't know what your particular issue is but take it elsewhere.

#33 11 years ago

I don't know if I can make it more clear. TO ME, your auction APPEARS to have shill bidders.
There are plenty of ebay sellers with stellar feedback that regularly have shill bid auctions, so your ebay feedback means very little, esp since the majority of it comes as a buyer and not a seller. I am not saying YOU have done any shill bidding, but the bid history makes this auction appear to have been overly inflated by a select few low number bidders. This is a prime symptom of shill bidding. Either way, I advise my friends to pull out on this auction as it appears to be fishy.

My particular issue is that you have no qualms with paying ebay and paypal to sell your game via those channels, yet you take advantage of free pinside advertising and never even offered the game for sale here. There is no requirement to donate to pinside, but it does seem quite obvious that pinside is nothing more than an avenue for you to take, take, take.

The irony is that FG is a hot game lately and if you had offered it up directly for sale here you would likely have ended up with more $$$ in the long run.

Don't expect to pimp your auction here and then not have comments.

#34 11 years ago

Pintopia, I think a lot of people feel that if someone uses this page to sell something they should donate a couple dollars (doesn't have to be much, just something to show you appreciate being able to be a party of the community).

If you had a heart symbol whysnow (who is one of the more vocal people on this point, as am I) would not have said anything about your auction to begin with (nor would he have posted here because he also always leaves for sale threads alone, he is not part of the price police faction here).

Anyway, the moral of this is, take a couple minutes and make a small donation to the site to keep it advertisement free if you plan on advertising products or machines here. It will make your stay here much better.

Just my two cents.

#35 11 years ago

You should mind your own business. If someone wants to donate, they should. If not, they shouldn't. Should I start posting about how you spend your money? Want me to start chiming in on your financial decisions? You are out of line.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyway, the moral of this is, take a couple minutes and make a small donation to the site to keep it advertisement free if you plan on advertising products or machines here. It will make your stay here much better.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Honestly anyone who bids on auctions unless it is in the last min or two is simply driving the price up. What is the point of bidding before that ?

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You should mind your own business. If someone wants to donate, they should. If not, they shouldn't. Should I start posting about how you spend your money? Want me to start chiming in on your financial decisions? You are out of line.

LOL, take advice from you about minding my own business just as you jumped into the middle of a discussion that wasn't involving you in any way shape or form? I will do what I want when I want; thank you very much.

I do, however, note that my suggestion to the OP was handled with far more dignity and respect then your post was to me was...not that I really care but I do find it funny that you are trying to take the moral high ground while raising the level of the discussion to a personal attack against me to my friendly suggestion and efforts to educate the OP as to why he was facing critisim as it did not appear he understood its source.

Have a happy easter jalpert.

#39 11 years ago

I'm sure shill bidding happens at times but I don't know why people can't believe any auction on eBay is legit. Even if some one shill bids up in the middle the last 12 bids on the last 6 seconds are most likely not shills

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ok...I'll take $5,300-5,400...

Isn't that $2000 more than these things were NIB?

Pinflation indeed

#41 11 years ago

I am thinking about pinball during Easter mass.

#42 11 years ago

I pointed out the fact that the OP was breaking the rules by double posting the auction.

You pointed out the fact that the OP didn't spent his money in ways that you felt appropriate.

I think you should keep that kinda stuff to yourself. Just my opinion.

Also, last time I checked this was a public forum. I can post where I want, what does this thread have to do with you? You a bidder? You going to bid? I doubt it.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

LOL, take advice from you about minding my own business just as you jumped into the middle of a discussion that wasn't involving you in any way shape or form? I will do what I want when I want; thank you very much.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I pointed out the fact that the OP was breaking the rules by double posting the auction.
You pointed out that the OP didn't spent his money in ways that you felt appropriate.
I think you should keep that kinda stuff to yourself. Just my opinion.

I started typing up a thoughtful response but decided I don't really care. Have a good day.

#44 11 years ago

You too. I won't reply to your PMs, we agree on not caring.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I started typing up a thoughtful response but decided I don't really care. Have a good day.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

ChadNC said:

He probably didn't want to deal with all of the tire kickers.

Mine sold for $ 5K Easily ... Great Pin !!

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

we agree on not caring.

And that is all that really matters.

#47 11 years ago

Good luck on your final day I've had this one on my watch list, it just got a bit out of what I wanted to spend looks like a great example!!! Whoever gets it will be stoked!

#48 11 years ago

I'll be watch-n this Sale 2-nite around 8:50pm .. Should be interesting !! Serious bidders Only

#49 11 years ago

This game didn't get much love when it first came out, but that seems to have changed. Low production numbers on this pin will probably keep it nudging higher for awhile. Good luck with your sale.
Terry.

#50 11 years ago

I would have rather have had this one for 4650, too bad no one got it:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-ft-family-guy-rbion-central-ny-13440

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fa-huo-family-guy-final-day and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.