Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flipper_unit_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hey All,

Just had to rebuild my left side flipper assembly on my Flight 2000. One of the screws that held the flipper bushing in place had come loose, as the associated hole in the flipper base had become stripped. So, I rebuilt the thing from the base up. The only things re-used were the flipper and the coil. New base, linkage, coil stop, coil sleeve, bushing, EOS switch and spring.

Since the rebuild, I have a little issue. When the left flipper is used, it tends to NOT return all they way back to the proper point. It stops just above that point, usually by an eighth or quarter of an inch. This is tough because it is basically impossible to use the flipper to dead bounce balls returning down to the left flipper. The play in the flipper allows for it to absorb the energy and the ball tends to just drain.

If you hit the right flipper button just once or twice after the left side comes back to rest too high, the vibration tends to return the left flipper to the right spot, so I don't see this as a big problem but I just want the flipper to work correctly.

Any guidance?

#2 7 years ago

Something binding? Check for burr on plunger. Correct parts used? Do you have enough up/down play in flipper so it moves smoothly?

#3 7 years ago

Grab the fat part of the flipper above field. Pull it straight up. It should move 1/16 - 1/8 inch up and down inside the bushing. Does it?

#4 7 years ago

OK so last night I did a little work:

1. Yes, there is the correct play in the flipper. I use a credit card to set those when I need to lock a flipper down.

2. I was checking under the table last night and i spun the spring on the plunger a few times. Sure enough, now the flipper comes back to rest properly.

Anybody ever seen that before? Kind of odd. Cleaned PF last night to prepare for new wax and new rubber. We'll see how it goes once I fire her back up tonight. As always, thanks to everyone for their input and help.

Now, if you brilliant people could just tell me how to stop sliding closer and closer to purchasing table #3, that'd be great! In fairness, I was enthusiastically warned by many Pinsiders when table 1 found its' way into my home.

Cheers!

Tim In Motown

#5 7 years ago

Oh, it still has a spring around the plunger? Get rid of that thing and install a plate like WPC games have and hook the return spring from that plate back to a screw.

flipper_unit_(resized).jpgflipper_unit_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 3.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f2k-flipper-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.