(Topic ID: 171895)

F2K drop target lift bar: anyone selling or holding?

By pinlawyer

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JT-Pinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0463 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

My F2K apparently needs one--drops keep falling down. Can't find one on line anywhere. Anybody?

#2 3 years ago

Greg, are you sure it is the reset bar? Are the drops original or reproduction? Sometimes the repro targets won't sit on the ledge properly and they occasionally fall down after a reset. Or it could be a worn ledge or drop target nub may be worn down. If you reset them using your hand on the reset bar instead of the coil, do they stay up or do they fall down?

#3 3 years ago

I like to burn junk pins every once in a while. The local pin guys get a good laugh. So if you have no luck, there is one on the floor I salvaged (drop target assembly). Working on the better player pin. I have some other salvaged Stern target banks over the years.

IMG_0463 (resized).JPG

#4 3 years ago

Brian, I don't know--I'm trusting my tech here. John, thank you! How much shipped to AZ 85254?

#5 3 years ago

response sent. just need all your info.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

My F2K apparently needs one--drops keep falling down. Can't find one on line anywhere. Anybody?

My nine ball reset bar is worn at the pivot point. That bank resets so much it has added a lot of slop to the mech where it fails to reset all targets.

Anyone got a good fix for this? I thought about drilling out the pivot point to something larger and trying to make a more snug fit. Right now it flops around a lot and I think that is the issue.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Greg, are you sure it is the reset bar? Are the drops original or reproduction? Sometimes the repro targets won't sit on the ledge properly and they occasionally fall down after a reset. Or it could be a worn ledge or drop target nub may be worn down. If you reset them using your hand on the reset bar instead of the coil, do they stay up or do they fall down?

I have this same problem on my Mata Hari machine. The reproduction targets reset the first few times then, intermittently, one or two of the middle two targets will drop on reset....but never the outside two targets. Do you have a recommended supplier for targets that reliably reset BrianBannon? And what is it about these reproductions that cause this? I can discern no cause for this sporadic behavior.

#8 3 years ago

I installed a small slip piece of metal along the length of the top of my reset bar so that it effectively pushes the drop targets up more, about 1/16th of an inch. I've done this to F2k and Meteor.

#9 3 years ago

I have seen cardboard strips taped in the past. By operators or techs, to try for a cheap fix.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from jtaylor251:

I have this same problem on my Mata Hari machine. The reproduction targets reset the first few times then, intermittently, one or two of the middle two targets will drop on reset....but never the outside two targets. Do you have a recommended supplier for targets that reliably reset BrianBannon? And what is it about these reproductions that cause this? I can discern no cause for this sporadic behavior.

I believe in the case of Mata Hari the link arms begin to create wear up into the side plate, essentially extending the groove into the plate even further. When this happens, simply repair the groove with something that will stop the arm from going up into that worn part. I have used a small sheet metal screw driven into the worn edge of the groove and this stops the arm from going any higher. As a result, the target itself goes up a little higher and then rests upon the ledge. It sounds like a hack, but it works like a charm. I haven't run into an issue with the Bally repro drop targets, classic Stern, yeah definitely. So, I would check your side plates and see what kind of shape they are in.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

My nine ball reset bar is worn at the pivot point. That bank resets so much it has added a lot of slop to the mech where it fails to reset all targets.
Anyone got a good fix for this? I thought about drilling out the pivot point to something larger and trying to make a more snug fit. Right now it flops around a lot and I think that is the issue.

It is doubtful the lift bar it the culprit. If lifting by hand the targets stay then it is likely you need the bar to push them higher. The repro targets are off. To make this happen, grind a 1/16-1/8 inch off of the coil plunger.

1 year later
#12 2 years ago

I am working on a Flight 2000. I have an issue with my 5 bank target. Someone broke the reset bar and welded it back together with brass brazing bar. They also made the bar about a 1/4 inch longer than it needed to be and bend the ear on the paw. This has caused the side of the target bank to enlarge where the rod goes thru and connects to the targets. They also put the guide plate back on backward so now all the metal connectors are reamed out and the rod has badly groved. This has caused slop in the targets so they don’t drop all the time. Does anyone have parts for this? Several of the target banks are the same short the number of targets. The rod is just 1/4 stock. I can cut a eclip groove in it. Probably re-bend a new reset bar. Issues is the side of the target bank and the connectors that hold the targets that connects to the reset bar. Maybe I can weld a washer to the side of the bank to fix my hole. Use 3/8 stock and turn down ends to go thru the paw then cut a eclip groove. Then drill press all the metal connectors plates out together for the 3/8 bar. My guess is these parts are not being sold?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Worth, TX
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside