Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Dreg604
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

photo-18.JPG
image-318.jpg
image-486.jpg
image.jpg
playfield.jpg
f-14 led.jpg

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

Its a big pos and the music is horrible. I wouldnt take a mint one for free. So many better sys 11's out there. Dont even bother. One of SR's worst imo. Get hs like someone said.

That's why it was the 6th best selling Williams of all time, because no body thought it was fun.

#52 6 years ago

14,502 F-14's made
4,016 MM made

Yeah it must have sucked.

#53 6 years ago

F14 is a great game, in someone else's collection it very well might be the first game I walk up to. But I wouldn't want to own one again...there's just not enough there to hold my interest past a couple months.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

there's just not enough there to hold my interest

It's my go-to game for a quickie. If I play TAF or Doctor Who, I'm stuck there for a while. F-14 is my in-a-hurry-quick-pin-fix. (Of course I usually end up there just as long for "just one more game" Simple, but fast and highly addictive.

#55 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for all the input! Hopefully this deal goes through and I can pick it up next weekend.

#56 6 years ago

let us know.

#57 6 years ago

I'm picking up one this weekend. I love blazing fast brutal pins and my collection screams that! My guest will hate it!!

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

I love blazing fast brutal pins and my collection screams that!

FT, DM and AC/DC ? Yeah, you need F-14 with those.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's why it was the 6th best selling Williams of all time, because no body thought it was fun.

Ouch!

#60 6 years ago

Well the F-14 I brought to Expo was in use pretty much non-stop from Thurs thru Sunday afternoon. What does that tell you?

Mechanically, it is a tank, it hardly ever breaks down on me. I mean seriously; in the years I have had it I've replaced a broken link, the rubber drive belts and a couple e-clips that fell off the diverters. That's pretty much it -- maybe $25 bucks worth of parts.

Two years ago at A-town the high-voltage section of the power supply board blew which in turn blew out some of the chips that drive the displays, forcing me to invest in a Pinscore display. The display is awesome and you can adjust the brightness depending on what room you have the pin in. Three hundred bucks for the new display was hard to swallow but I have a warranty and the folks like Brett @ Pinscore are just fantastic to work with.

Bottom line? Get a nice one. There are nice ones out there. You'll enjoy the game immensely. Heck, if you were closer I'd sell ya mine for a nice price. (I have to reduce my collection by 10 pins between now and next June, in support of a move.... it's proving to be difficult to choose which to sell and which to keep.)

#61 6 years ago

I miss mine so much I am going to look at one for sale today. Hopefully its a good one

#62 6 years ago

You Can't Win! ha aha ahahahahahaaaa

#63 6 years ago

Game just isn't for me, but I'm out on most non DMD games at this point anyways. I've played it plenty and it's not bad, just not one I could have taking up space in my place....

#64 6 years ago

No plastic ramps to crack - yeahhhhh!

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

FT, DM and AC/DC ? Yeah, you need F-14 with those.

Yeah my pin collection will either want you to beg for more or go in the corner and cry.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No plastic ramps to crack - yeahhhhh!

Love that about it! If you love wireforms this game is for you.

#67 6 years ago

For a long time I used to only aim for the mutliball like most people do. But this game has a great EM era touch where the bonus can have insane multiplier value. Once you get the hang on increasing the bonus value you get an awesome feeling of repeating the hoop while your score will go through the roof. Not an easy task though.

#68 6 years ago

I recently finished a resto on one that I picked up for cheap that I was probably going to sell right after, but it has grown on me and even the wife likes it (which always seems to be the determining factor), so it will probably be kept in the line up for a bit...

#69 6 years ago

F14 : worst sound/music ever

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Matter of taste, I love it. After I got it I was hearing it in my head while trying to sleep. My girlfriend would say Blackout takes the worst soud/music trophy in my collection.

#71 6 years ago

No way, that music fits the theme perfectly.

#72 6 years ago

I disagree... it's one of my favorite

#73 6 years ago

yes !best sound ever...adrenaline machine!

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I personally think High Speed isn't that great.
</blockquot

Ok! Never played a F-14 before, pf layout looks cool

#75 6 years ago

I'll just be glad when I get my F-14 going. I've only played F-14 virtually! Gotta get Gold Wings done and gone first. Good ole System 80b gremlins!

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Gotta get Gold Wings done and gone first.

I looked at a gold wings awhile back. That think actually has a working siren in it under the playfield! Crazy!

Mike

#77 6 years ago

The high score input music is simply awesome. It's a great reward for dedicated players.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 221.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside