Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Snux
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

peggy.png
what.jpg
yagov2.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_4617.jpg

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

What Australian site did you buy the red arrows from Neo?

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

I emailed him a couple of weeks back asking about timing. I got the following reply...
"Probably april ... it's another supplier, so I tell people what they tell me
and then I push them, but april is probably the month now."

To be fair, he never stated what year said April will fall in.....

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

What Australian site did you buy the red arrows from Neo?

From Wayne. Forgot what his website is.

#54 4 years ago

I guess it's these, although I haven't measured to see if it's the correct size...

http://mrpinballa.cart.net.au/details/791374.html

#55 4 years ago

Those are the right size.Thanks!

#56 4 years ago

yup, they are the same as the MM center. That's why he had the reds. That's right. mrpinball.

2 weeks later
#57 4 years ago

It looks like mr.pinball doesn't have blue anyone know if you can color dye the reds? Sounds ridiculous I know but felt lucky to even find any new at all.

#58 4 years ago

Not sure that would work. Red and Blue are both primary colors. If you try to change a red one with blue dye, you'll end up with purple.

#59 4 years ago

Would it be possible to make the blue inserts out of acrylic? I worked with some plastics years ago, so it's been awhile, but if you had one to make a template from it should be easy. Batch them out with a band saw or scroll saw and sand the edges smooth.

I remember a time when we hopped for an F-14 playfield in February-2014. Wouldn't that have been nice

#60 4 years ago

Yeah gave up on the wait for a new f14 playfield.
I emailed mr.pinball down under gave him the part number he had for the red inserts asked if he had blue also. So he just emailed me back he needs the blue inserts part number Jesus h.... Anyways anybody know the Williams blue arrow insert part number by chance so can give him that reference to look up?

#61 4 years ago

I bet if the workers back then knew how much small pieces of plastics would be worth now they would have been loading lunch boxes full from the Williams plant back in the day lol.

#62 4 years ago

Just put my new F14 plastics on and the Blues on the playfield look like total shit now compared to the blue in new plastics. When the hell are these playfields coming out ??

2 months later
#63 4 years ago

Ya, my new plastics for F-14 are much darker blue as well. Playfield must have faded. I don't really mind two different shades of blue so much. Not enough to fork for a new playfield anyway. I did however, just order a playfield protector from Bay Area Amusements. My reasoning is that because the F-14 inserts like to pop up. I will have a smooth and fast surface no matter what. I intend to touch up paint the playfield eventually. It currently has no mylar on it.

#64 4 years ago

It look like CPR has lost interest in the F-14. I don't get it? Many potential buyers out there. Hell, I might even consider it if my touch up job turns out to be crappy.

#65 4 years ago

we didn't loose interest, we turned it down.....

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

yagov2.jpg

1 week later
#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Why?

#68 4 years ago

Stu,
It would be nice if you would give everyone on here a definitive answer if you know something. A lot of people are waiting to move on this one way or another.

#69 4 years ago

I have already answered this 100 times....CPR is NOT doing F-14 Tomcat Playfield

Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Stu,
It would be nice if you would give everyone on here a definitive answer if you know something.

#70 4 years ago

I am also curious why CPR turned it down.

#71 4 years ago

Stu, any update on whether CPR is going to run F14?

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

image.jpg

1 month later
#73 4 years ago

Anyone heard anything yet? Just curious.

#74 4 years ago

I have said in numerous threads already, CPR is NOT doing the Playfield for F14.....We turned it down a few years back.....

Quoted from DefaultGen:

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Look at stu's avatar, go back and read stu's threads reguarding reproducing Bally/Williams licensed properties.
Fill in the blanks and you will see............

#76 4 years ago

I never said CPR was doing them. I know that they are not. I think it was Planetary pinball that was involved. Was just wondering if anyone had heard anything through the grapevine.

3 weeks later
#77 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Look at stu's Avatar, go back and read stu's threads reguarding reproducing Bally/Williams licensed properties.
Fill in the blanks and you will see............

mrgone: I have done this now. My understanding of this is that there has been legal problems with F14. Therefore there won't be a reissue.

Correct?

#78 4 years ago

My assumption is that licensing fees make this prohibitive

A.K.A. Not gunna do it.

#79 4 years ago

It would be nice to get a definitive answer. Instead of all this speculation.

#80 4 years ago

I wonder why these licensing fees make this particular game so cost prohibitive? Other titles were able to be re-made. Is the Williams license holder playing hardball? I wouldn't think it would be Grumman's F-14.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

It would be nice to get a definitive answer. Instead of all this speculation.

I'm pretty sure CPR is 100% making these.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Great material.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from radium:

It's not a question of whether CPR is producing the playfield, but why they turned it down. The current explanation obviously isn't cutting it. But, thanks for trying to be funny.

#84 4 years ago

what.jpg

#85 4 years ago

Be glad that CPR is not making these playfields.

F14 is the 6th best selling Williams game of all time, and every single playfield is wrecked.

If CPR started running them, they would have no time for any other playfield title for many years.

#86 4 years ago

So am I to understand from this thread that CPR is making F14 playfields?

#87 4 years ago

I heard Peggy is making them along with a few others. Unfortunately no ETA.....

peggy.PNG

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from kissedin:

mrgone: I have done this now. My understanding of this is that there has been legal problems with F14. Therefore there won't be a reissue.
Correct?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-on-the-hunt

5 months later
#89 3 years ago

Reviving this thread - Peter is gathering interest for the F14 playfield.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demand-check-f14-tom-cat

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside